Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

f308gt

what are your top 3 goto Hotel / Guest Houses 5+ stays

f308gt
Posted (edited)

What are your top 3 places that you have stayed on multiple occasions. please state if not guest friendly (has a joiner fee)

Pattaya Blue Sky 

Quiet, virtually clinically clean, good food and friendly staff.

Lk Residence

Impressive lobby, very large well equipped rooms, normally go for the deluxe rooms as you get a lot more for a little more money.

Walking Street Guesthouse 

Great fan place to immerse yourself in walking street,  the antics downstairs can be really funny.

Edited by f308gt
add some details

vimto66

Only stayed at two places in Pattaya more than once.

August suites-good location, nice big rooms,good staff, good pool area!

Butchers arms - again great location, at the time nice modern rooms, nice english style pub decor downstairs.Its since changed hands so i dont know how things are nowadays.

neilri2001

Over the past five years Page 10 is the only hotel where i have had multiple stays. Would still recommend although the hotel is definitely in need of a little TLC to compete with the newer hotels on Soi 10. Rooms at Page 10 are noticeably bigger than the immediate competition.

In my younger years Flipper Lodge was my hotel of choice and i have probably stayed there more than any other hotel in Pattaya although my last stay was more than fifteen years ago so i would be interested to hear the thoughts of anyone who has stayed there more recently. For me it was the ultimate mongering hotel with a decent level of comfort.

In North Pattaya i have had numerous pleasant stays at Baboona Beach Front living and Best Beach Villa but again not in the past 10 years.

Doubleh

I dont usually do hotels anymore, I have stayed 5 times at the Boomerang Guesthouse usually stay the bigger balcony rooms either A1, B1 or C1 best bang for buck for me. If I can't get one of those rooms I would go across the soi to Baku. I used to Stay in Flipper house on soi 7 10+ years ago  but the area lost its appeal so I moved over to the LK metro side of the world. I might try  VT6 as some stage

mixedberrys

Hard Rock because I love the pool. 

24/7 in the big rooms.  Good position.

Siam Bayshore.  Nice poolside rooms,  great pool,  good breakfast and close to Walking St. 

Stillearly
36 minutes ago, mixedberrys said:

Hard Rock because I love the pool. 

24/7 in the big rooms.  Good position.

Siam Bayshore.  Nice poolside rooms,  great pool,  good breakfast and close to Walking St. 

No joiners fees at the HardRock ? 

thai2try
22 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

No joiners fees at the HardRock ? 

I was about to ask the same.

i stayed there on my very first trip many moons ago and they hit me up for joiners.

LOTTELLEE WINNA
Posted (edited)

Although I have stayed in around 40 hotels and guest houses, there are few 'outstanding' hotels. The only one I have stayed in, would be a massive suite I had (on business expenses - back in the day) at the Royal Cliff on Pratumnak Hill. The hotels below are very good, but my advice is to consider location first and foremost, then look for your hotel close to there. Below are hotels I stay at quite regularly - I would describe all 3 as 'good to very good' and absolutely knock-out value. Prices quoted are low-season and obtained via membership of Expedia (Thailand) and Onyx (who own the Amari brand). All the hotels below offer good customer service and are, of course, guest friendly.

LK Residence - best location in Patts IMHO, luxurious, nice pool, beautiful and spacious rooms, comfy bed, good wifi (1,400THB)

See the source image
See the source image

Amari Nova Suites - location near soi 6 (between 2nd/3rd rd), simply stunning apart-hotel with studio/suite rooms, gorgeous roof top pool (1,600THB)

See the source image
See the source image

Centara Nova Spa - location near soi 6 (between 2nd/3rd rd), resort-pool with swim up bar, ultra modern rooms and top breakfasts.(1,500THB)

See the source image
See the source image

In terms of guesthouses, I would recommend The Haven on soi Lenkee, Boomerang on soi15 Buhakow and English Rose soi Choiapoon.

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

tps

March Hotel for me - very nice, especially for the price ; under 1k low season.

Downside- a what can be annoying 5 minute walk down a narrow soi to get to either 2nd rd or central.

Another con - no monthly rates, best rates to be had are on online booking sites daily rates.

minor quibbles- the pillows are ‘too tall or too thick’ for my tastes, and in many stays there I’ve never had a room where the shower doesn’t change to very very hot for about 5 seconds per each minute  .

PR1977

D Xpress - stayed there 4 of my last 6 visits. Fantastic value for money, great service, rooftop pool and location which is good for me

D Apartment - see above, you pay a bit more as its closer to Soi Buakhao but everything else much of a muchness

March Hotel - great facilities, modern, good value too, just wish they would give the area its in a facelift, I think the location is good for the most part particularly if you’re Soi 6 orientated although I suppose it’s a bit of a trek to get to the southbound Baht bus routes 

tps

I like D Xpress as well. Stayed there twice, good both times. Very friendly staff. I will say that the priciest room was quite a bit nicer than the next grouping (don’t know if they call them deluxe and standard or whatever).

D Xpress also has some very cheap rooms in a building across the street, very jail-cell like. Personally I’d give those a miss but they are priced accordingly. 

PR1977
10 minutes ago, tps said:

D Xpress also has some very cheap rooms in a building across the street, very jail-cell like. Personally I’d give those a miss but they are priced accordingly. 

I think that’s the PS Apartment, have seen rooms advertised on Agoda a few times and as you say they don’t look very appealing. I think they do long stay rates there at something like 8-10k a month

Rainsberger

Over the last 32 years have stayed at many many hotels and guest houses but over the last 6 years i stay mainly Soi Buakaow area and have used Diana-Oasis a great place as is Canterbury Tales guest house in Soi Chaiapoon, but 3 of my last 4 stays has been at D Apartment 1 ok may be the old building but i love the place always clean and fresh my room may be over the road facing the new plaza with a little noise but it never worried me, although there is no lift here only stairs to rooms.       For my next trip in October I'm going up market to D Apartment 2 which is the newer wing no expense spared going for a Superior room and looking forward to it. I love the Soi Buakaow area plenty of everything all around the place with in easy reach.

f308gt
On 19/07/2018 at 12:40, vimto66 said:

Only stayed at two places in Pattaya more than once.

August suites-good location, nice big rooms,good staff, good pool area!

Butchers arms - again great location, at the time nice modern rooms, nice english style pub decor downstairs.Its since changed hands so i dont know how things are nowadays.

Like the look of August suites, good reviews. 

But numerous complaints about being bumped over to March hotel which is poorly sited. 

vimto66
5 minutes ago, f308gt said:

Like the look of August Suites, good reviews. 

But numerous complaints about being bumped over to March Hotel which is poorly sited. 

I actually heard it was April suites that had an habit of bumping you over to march hotel, it was a big enough issue for a few people on here to mention it, dont know if its happened with August suites or not, although i haven`t heard of it happening there.

overseas516

Over the years stayed at many places but in my first few years (8 Trips) stayed at the Asia Hotel in Pattaya. http://www.asiahotel.co.th/asia_pattaya/

The Guesthouse i have stayed at many times over many years is Nantana Garden View.

F883302B-7A50-4D6B-BD68-D687880A477A.jpeg

A831DA00-FB0F-4131-8FA6-61972EF3D973.jpeg

f308gt
5 hours ago, vimto66 said:

I actually heard it was April Suites that had an habit of bumping you over to March Hotel, it was a big enough issue for a few people on here to mention it, dont know if its happened with August Suites or not, although i haven`t heard of it happening there.

Yes your right, my mistake. 

jamduf

Stayed in many. The only 2 I actually like is the Royal Palace Hotel and Areca.

f308gt

Pattaya Blue sky full so Just booked March Hotel for 17 nights in November. Based on price and reviews. 

The unbelievable price trumped the location issue. 

£370 for 17 nights, that's BAHT < 16000 or 930 per night.

Will let you know how much of an issue location is over time.

rajs123

Dynasty Inn for me. Very centrally located in Soi 13.

rhino

Siam siam be the best modern rooms guest friendly

Hard rock Defiantly not guest friendly