Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

swordfisch

Non-O & one-year extension (retirement)

Tarl
21 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Where did you see that? :unsure:

The AUS Embassy announcement just says "Thai Immigration wants us to verify your income", and as I said above, "verifying your income" is nothing new.

Not accepting  a swiorn document from another embassy which they hsve in the past is a change. You can twist it snyway you like but that is the case. I am not surprised our embassies won't change their procedures. Why should they? If they feel it is verification enough then so be it. 

Oukiva
5 minutes ago, Tarl said:

Not accepting  a swiorn document from another embassy which they hsve in the past is a change. //

I will stop here as I have no idea what you are talking about ??

I saw nowhere that Thai Immigration would refuse Immigration Letters, just that 3 embassies decided to stop issuing them.

Tarl
24 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

I saw nowhere that Thai Immigration would refuse Immigration Letters, just that 3 embassies decided to stop issuing them.

My last as well then. You obviously didn't realise that if our embassies had to verify our accounts they would need to issue a document signed by them that it had been done. The previous stat dec used would have meant nothing.  Did you really think our embassies would go to the trouble to verify our accounts and no paperwork was required to be provided.

Goolabert
On 10/11/2018 at 21:01, Oukiva said:

They stopped issuing the letters because Immigration won't accept them anymore after the agreed upon deadline. No use giving you a letter that won't be of any use.

The US, UK and Oz embassies all said that they cannot verify income and Immigration told them that it is no longer acceptable. Immigration will still accept letters from other embassies that do verify income.

Oukiva
1 hour ago, Goolabert said:

They stopped issuing the letters because Immigration won't accept them anymore after the agreed upon deadline.  //

If you want post rumours, you should post on ThaiVisa... :rolleyes:

Goolabert
10 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

If you want post rumours, you should post on ThaiVisa... :rolleyes:

If you won't accept the facts you shouldn't post at all.

gusincebu
Where did you see that? :unsure:
The AUS Embassy announcement just says "Thai Immigration wants us to verify your income", and as I said above, "verifying your income" is nothing new.
Its pretty clear from their announcement exactly what the situation is ..
They are happy to sign a Stat Dec' , as long as its NOT verifying your income or bank balance.87b21f558b5fd8d2110a002052b18bb2.jpg

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

Oukiva
9 minutes ago, gusincebu said:

Its pretty clear from their announcement exactly what the situation is ..
They are happy to sign a Stat Dec' , as long as its NOT verifying your income or bank balance.

Yes, so it's clearly a change from the Embassy who was not complying with Thai Immigration requirements, not from Thai Immigration who always asked for an Embassy Letter "verifying your income".

Edited by Oukiva

Goolabert

From the US Embassy press release on their website

"Because the U.S. government has no means of confirming a U.S. citizen’s income, a notarized affidavit from the U.S. Embassy has never met the requirement to prove a minimum income level"

Oukiva

I "stole" the scenario below on ThaiVisa. Seems a good summary to me :)

- T.I. to embassies : " We would appreciate you have a closer look at the incomes of your nationals when issuing a document about revenues ".

- Embassies to T.I. : " We will do everything what is legally possible, if you eventually encounter a falsifier, please let us know, he will be sentenced accordingly "

- American, Australian, British embassy : " We will not issue a document anymore ".

Ru4Real
3 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Seems a good summary to me :)

40 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

If you want post rumours, you should post on stick to ThaiVisa... :rolleyes:

Tarl
23 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Apologies post deleted. Added nothing to the thread

Edited by Tarl

udontony
23 hours ago, Oukiva said:

Yes, so it's clearly a change from the Embassy who was not complying with Thai Immigration requirements, not from Thai Immigration who always asked for an Embassy Letter "verifying your income".

I can only speak about the British embassy as that is where I have experience. In the past they have asked to see letters from the pension providers to prove the pension amounts before they would issue the letters confirming this.   I have personally done this many times without a problem.    Now the Thai authorities want the embassy to check in the UK that the letters provided are 100% correct by contacting the pension providers them selves.   This is not possible even if the embassy wanted to go to so much trouble as it is illegal for the pension companies to divulge such information in the UK.   Basically the Thai authorities are asking the embassy to do something that is impossible so the embassy has just had to stop issuing letters.

Oukiva
50 minutes ago, udontony said:

//  Now the Thai authorities want the embassy to check in the UK that the letters provided are 100% correct by contacting the pension providers them selves.  //

Source please ? :unsure:  Only written information is on Bangkok Immigration website that - for years - asks for a letter "verifying your income", nothing more.

51 minutes ago, udontony said:

// This is not possible even if the embassy wanted to go to so much trouble as it is illegal for the pension companies to divulge such information in the UK.   //

It's not illegal if you authorise them to do so. There is a form for that. (and the link somewhere on ThaiVisa…)

udontony
2 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Source please ? :unsure:  Only written information is on Bangkok Immigration website that - for years - asks for a letter "verifying your income", nothing more.

It's not illegal if you authorise them to do so. There is a form for that. (and the link somewhere on ThaiVisa…)

Information from a staff member at British embassy and this was before the story really broke about income letters, they had been studying this for a while.

I know you can authorise them to get information but the embassy would have so much more work to do and so would you.  Only guessing but think the cost would go up a lot for the letters and the time it would take could be months if my pension provider and the UK pension service reply time is anything to go by.  It is still illegal to obtain the information in the UK without your say so, again more letters and more time spent.

ocka
3 hours ago, Oukiva said:

:Deadhorse: