Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Sign in to follow this  
GlennUK

Buddha and Thai Ladies

GlennUK

In Thai culture the children obviously take care of the parents  and I have known many parents who also tell these ladies that they have to take care of their siblings as well. Here I refer to the ladies who flock to work in the bars in Pattaya, Phuket and Bangkok. I have been told by several Thai "experts" that about the only difference between Indian and Thai Buddhism is that the former condemns those ladies who pursue such a profession without exception. Whereas the Thai version says it is ok as long as it is support the Parents though it makes no reference to the rest of the family. Recently I had a conversation with a thai who studies Buddhism though by no means a scholar who states that no such exception occurs and it is basically bad.

Obviously the best person to answer such a question would be a religious scholar and one questions how many are PA members but I suppose the study of religion and the study of pattaya and its various activities are not mutually exclusive. 

Mick Pattaya

I think the attitude to sex or sex work is more shaped by the socio-politico events that happened in these two countries rather than a thorough & rigorous interpretation of theology.

You have to appreciate the unlike the subcontinent, Thailand was never colonized either by medieval Muslims or puritanical Victorians who both held & propagated a rather rigid & closed version of a sexual life. Thereby, Thai society retained the basic characteristics of its animistic past where there was no/less scorn about sex & whatever it entailed.

GlennUK

Certainly the culture is very different though I do wonder if we see a very distorted view of it as Mongers certainly the majority of Thai girls would react in horror at the idea of doing such work. I also wonder if it is so easily accepted because the majority of girls who do so are from lower classes and the Thais as such dont really care what they do and expect only bad behaviour. For sure most  Middle and upper class Thai men are not popping down Soi 6 to find a wife. Nor even the Chinese with their shortage of marriageable age ladies. 

Though an interesting subject for debate I don't think it could be ever be resolved but my question was strictly religious in nature. As in  have the Thais diverged from the Original teachings where this area is concerned. Of course I could also be mistaken and Buddhism is perfectly ok with it. 

onehunglo
On 9/5/2018 at 20:14, GlennUK said:

Certainly the culture is very different though I do wonder if we see a very distorted view of it as Mongers certainly the majority of Thai girls would react in horror at the idea of doing such work. I also wonder if it is so easily accepted because the majority of girls who do so are from lower classes and the Thais as such dont really care what they do and expect only bad behaviour. For sure most  Middle and upper class Thai men are not popping down Soi 6 to find a wife. Nor even the Chinese with their shortage of marriageable age ladies. 

Though an interesting subject for debate I don't think it could be ever be resolved but my question was strictly religious in nature. As in  have the Thais diverged from the Original teachings where this area is concerned. Of course I could also be mistaken and Buddhism is perfectly ok with it. 

the middle and upper class thai men most probably don't go down the 6 looking for a wife because some most probaly are their wives . 55555