Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

LaaMok

Night Wish Expansion and Opportunities

LaaMok

logo 1 black background.jpg

Update: I dont think we need this now,  we have managed to space out purchases and slow down renovations,  3 more bars open soon.

We are currently up to 19 bars at the moment, and we are looking at at least 3-7 more bars right now. Over the years many guys have asked me if they can invest 1 or 2m into our group, but I have always said no because of the way we are structured, we have been growing Night Wish group for the last 5 years with a few investors and mostly organically, but now we are ready to expand at a faster pace, and we have written up a contract with a Pattaya based law firm to legally accept the smaller retail investors. (1 million baht minimum)

We are limiting this offer because we are only buying 1-2 bars per time and we will accept money as we need it not before. We are looking for guys that are proud to be part of our success, meet a certain criteria and are suitable to part of our brand.

We are offering a fixed 8% interest per annum.

We are using the money for Pattaya based bars/gogos only. (expansion)

Please contact me if you are interested and we can meet in Pattaya.  We currently need around 10-15m to buy the (leases) bars we have waiting.

invest2.png

bryan.wall

Fantastic idea, look forward to meeting you in regards to this. Nightwish Group I have observed from the start and only regret not jumping in somehow sooner. 

You go from strength to strength, and certainly a great way to spend my spare cash that’s sitting around doing nothing, interest rates aren’t great in the UK. Pleased that this has moved forward, so what will happen once the 15 million is invested? Would we still have oppertunity to invest more in the future if wanting to? Would we have any priority as having already invested? 

Scuba+
Fantastic idea, look forward to meeting you in regards to this. Nightwish Group I have observed from the start and only regret not jumping in somehow sooner. 
You go from strength to strength, and certainly a great way to spend my spare cash that’s sitting around doing nothing, interest rates aren’t great in the UK. Pleased that this has moved forward, so what will happen once the 15 million is invested? Would we still have oppertunity to invest more in the future if wanting to? Would we have any priority as having already invested? 
Would be interesting to see any audited financial statements. Are they available?

LaaMok
5 minutes ago, bryan.wall said:

Thank you for the kind words.  We will take more investments as or when I am able to find more suitable premises. Yes we will let existing guys add more first over finding new people.

LaaMok
2 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
7 minutes ago, bryan.wall said:

Would be interesting to see any audited financial statements. Are they available?

We are a private company and we keep our financials private. (for obvious reasons)  if we have a larger investor we could possibly let them look over our accounts in person.  But we have had many guys pretend to want to invest to see our books.  This is dangerous for us. We can show our monthly sales for some of our bars in person, but we do not wish to hand out copies. (for public consumption)

kramer_456
16 minutes ago, LaaMok said:

We are offering a fixed 8% interest per annum.

So what is the structure? This sounds more like a bond/loan than an equity investment?

Or are you offering an equity stake but with a fixed return initially?

taylor1975
2 minutes ago, kramer_456 said:

So what is the structure? This sounds more like a bond/loan than an equity investment?

Equity - i think not .....then the 8% would be dividends on profits that you haven't earned yet.

Likely a loan, but term not specified?

kramer_456
2 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Equity - i think not .....then the 8% would be dividends on profits that you haven't earned yet.

Why do you think I'm asking the question. This is obviously not a normal investment. Hence the reason for asking for some clarity from the person who can actually answer the questions on how its structured.

LaaMok
9 minutes ago, kramer_456 said:

5 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

We cannot offer equity because of the way the business is.  It will be a loan note that could turn into shares if we didn't pay it.  The term can be set for person investing, we were thinking 1-3 years. We shall pay the interest every 6 months.

Thaifix

8% fixed seems pretty good to me and given how well you guys have been doing i would assume is relatively low risk

is there any security at all being put into place?

Thaifix

Sorry to be firing questions Laamok, i know they probably seem obvious to you but they are ones I would like answers too and so might others.

In your OP you say your growth has been "mostly organic"! Do you mean the last XX bars (??) have been funded from cash/profit without further input by the current investors?

LaaMok
Just now, Thaifix said:

8% fixed seems pretty good to me and given how well you guys have been doing i would assume is relatively low risk

is there any security at all being put into place?

We have done our best to offer some form of security, but the contract, our history, reputation and resources will have to be enough,  it wont suit everyone, but we only need a few investors occasionally.

abdullah the butcher

I've seen this group go from strength to strength from it's inception with just the 1 bar to multiple bars in multiple locations  and now grander plans in place. It just shows how with the right nous, hard work and business model can be successful for any foreigner. It's a formula that obviously is working, and it's great to see you guys do well. The investment opportunity doesn't come along too often, and i don't see many banks offering 8% at the moment. 

LaaMok
Just now, Thaifix said:

Sorry to be firing questions Laamok, i know they probably seem obvious to you but they are ones I would like answers too and so might others.

In your OP you say your growth has been "mostly organic"! Do you mean the last XX bars (??) have been funded from cash/profit without further input by the current investors?

Our last investor was around 2-3 years ago,  so the bars since then were mostly by profits. 

kramer_456
22 minutes ago, LaaMok said:

We cannot offer equity because of the way the business is.  It will be a loan note that could turn into shares if we didn't pay it.  The term can be set for person investing, we were thinking 1-3 years. We shall pay the interest every 6 months.

So a bit like a convertible preference share or converitable note.

Thaifix
Just now, LaaMok said:

Our last investor was around 2-3 years ago,  so the bars since then were mostly by profits. 

Thanks - thats pretty good going as i would guess thats at least half your 19 bars purchased from profit/cash.

LaaMok
4 minutes ago, abdullah the butcher said:

I've seen this group go from strength to strength from it's inception with just the 1 bar to multiple bars in multiple locations  and now grander plans in place. It just shows how with the right nous, hard work and business model can be successful for any foreigner. It's a formula that obviously is working, and it's great to see you guys do well. The investment opportunity doesn't come along too often, and i don't see many banks offering 8% at the moment. 

I have been pretty open in my posts over the years,  so alot of people are aware how good our work ethics and honesty is.  I try to give people an insight in what it takes.

LaaMok
2 minutes ago, kramer_456 said:

So a bit like a convertible preference share or converitable note.

convertible note yes,  but I have no worries about paying people back. We could pay people back early with enough notice.

Thaifix
3 minutes ago, abdullah the butcher said:

. The investment opportunity doesn't come along too often, and i don't see many banks offering 8% at the moment. 

Correct, 8% is very good and with a degree of security built in would be very VERY good. I am interested to see how the structure pans out for sure.

Thaifix
Just now, LaaMok said:

convertible note yes,  but I have no worries about paying people back. We could pay people back early with enough notice.

And what if we dont want to be paid back but want to retain the capital and just keep out 8% rolling in. Would that be possible?

Ohyesuare
1 minute ago, Thaifix said:

And what if we dont want to be paid back but want to retain the capital and just keep out 8% rolling in. Would that be possible?

Why would they want to keep paying out 8% if they no longer need to? 

Thaifix
7 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Why would they want to keep paying out 8% if they no longer need to? 

True and fair point but a question worth asking i.e. could there be a guarantee of 3 years etc. I dont know the answers whcih is why I am asking :)

LaaMok
1 hour ago, Thaifix said:

True and fair point but a question worth asking i.e. could there be a guarantee of 3 years etc. I dont know the answers whcih is why I am asking :)

We can discuss that at the time.  If it's a few million and I am buying another bar, we could do a year. If we are buying a gogo maybe 2 or 3 years.

SirL
1 hour ago, abdullah the butcher said:

i don't see many banks offering 8% at the moment. 

Whilst long Thai government bonds currently yield 2.71%, long Indian government bonds yield 8.07%, Indonesian 8.22%, Philippines 6.8%, Mexico 8.1%, and South Africa 9.06%, all in local currency terms.  There are ways to get that sort of yield as a farang investor into emerging markets.  Given that as a fixed interest investor you wouldn't be sharing any upside, the question is which of these comparatives gives you the lowest risk?

LaaMok

I have put a deposit down on 2 more bars today,  so we need around 6m to pay it off early or we use profits later