Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

LaaMok

Night Wish Expansion and Opportunities

Hispano

Good luck with it Laamok. That 8% looks nice, but ofc the contract clauses must be quite clear for investor and group CEO like you

LaaMok
On 9/22/2018 at 03:46, Hispano said:

Good luck with it Laamok. That 8% looks nice, but ofc the contract clauses must be quite clear for investor and group CEO like you

We have a good contract drawn up.

LaaMok
On 9/20/2018 at 20:05, SirL said:

Whilst long Thai government bonds currently yield 2.71%, long Indian government bonds yield 8.07%, Indonesian 8.22%, Philippines 6.8%, Mexico 8.1%, and South Africa 9.06%, all in local currency terms.  There are ways to get that sort of yield as a farang investor into emerging markets.  Given that as a fixed interest investor you wouldn't be sharing any upside, the question is which of these comparatives gives you the lowest risk?

Some people might like to invest in something they like or are close to.

taylor1975
34 minutes ago, LaaMok said:

I think that is your target audience. 

Not sure comparing other countries gilt yields is comparable to whats being offered, or against bank interest rates, for that matter.

In the UK, i have an investment that uses small business lending. One element is  diversified across 638 lenders and is returning 9.51% after fees and bad debts. There's no liquidity issues and its all regulated, every business credit checked and rated. This is a close comparison IMO, but you can see the glaring differences. Also without any currency risk.

MikeOnS6

Is this convertible debt or straight debt?  Given the fixed 8 % p.a.  it looks like bonds.  Is there the ability to see the 3 statement financials (B/S, I/S, CF)?

MikeOnS6
7 hours ago, LaaMok said:

oh man... investing in fixed income in small cap debt does not feel awesome.  Being a creditor, especially in a foreign country like THailand with limited rights is downright risky af with capped upside.

Any shot at you offering equity with a dividend?

Edited by MikeOnS6

LaaMok
On 9/24/2018 at 03:12, MikeOnS6 said:

oh man... investing in fixed income in small cap debt does not feel awesome.  Being a creditor, especially in a foreign country like THailand with limited rights is downright risky af with capped upside.

Any shot at you offering equity with a dividend?

Yes. But it would need at least 30m invested. But we want loans now.

Userhocroth

So its like a convertible note (at comapy's discretion and in case of default?) with and 8% coupon rate/intetest paid 6 monthly? What is it convertible into? Eg a public offering might comvert into 1 share for every $5 outstanding? 

Swinga

I think your right, its not for everyone. Unsecured loan with possible 8% return. I'm sure some with throw it at you. Unsecured loan with equity that would be an investment.

LaaMok
21 minutes ago, Swinga said:

I think your right, its not for everyone. Unsecured loan with possible 8% return. I'm sure some with throw it at you. Unsecured loan with equity that would be an investment.

Its not ideal and I wish we can offer more,  but we only need a few guys,  even without this we can still grow fast.  I just have many bars lined up infront of me and i wanted to speed up our growth.

Swinga

My out loud thoughts. You could offer more, dilute your own shareholding for equity investment. The bank will lend you money on same terms maybe? Borrow from them at that rate of 8%. Then again, people will no doubt see it as a great opportunity. I wish u well with it.

LaaMok
6 hours ago, Swinga said:

My out loud thoughts. You could offer more, dilute your own shareholding for equity investment. The bank will lend you money on same terms maybe? Borrow from them at that rate of 8%. Then again, people will no doubt see it as a great opportunity. I wish u well with it.

Thanks,  we don't need to dilute our shares, we are doing very well as it is.  If people want to loan is the money,  then its good, if they don't we keep expanding but not as fast as I wanted.  We have 3 more bars secured and 5 more i am looking at.

Banks will not lend us money no chance at all.  I wouldnt even bother asking,   what we are doing is illegal. (girly bars)

Swinga

Out loud again. 20 bars @ 2m each = 20m bht, do a revalution, do a restructure and do a new equity raise to match new valuations = borrow from new/old shareholders again, just like new investors, just like the stock market does. = Every day listed entities do it to investors.

If the bank won't lend you money, your 8% is not fair at all.

Out load again. Again, some with throw the money at you. Wish you well twice ;-)

taylor1975
17 minutes ago, Swinga said:

20 bars @ 2m each = 20m bht

Out loud ...i sense a flaw in this plan?

SirL
On 10/3/2018 at 05:52, Userhocroth said:

So its like a convertible note (at comapy's discretion and in case of default?) with and 8% coupon rate/intetest paid 6 monthly? What is it convertible into? Eg a public offering might comvert into 1 share for every $5 outstanding? 

6 minutes ago, Swinga said:

Out loud again. 20 bars @ 2m each = 20m bht, do a revalution, do a restructure and do a new equity raise to match new valuations = borrow from new/old shareholders again, just like new investors, just like the stock market does. = Every day listed entities do it to investors.

If the bank won't lend you money, your 8% is not fair at all.

Some guys are thinking as if this is a conventional business with eg audited consolidated annual report and accounts - it may perhaps not have even them.  Remember almost 100% of income is cash.  Conventional corporate finance and banking may be a different world.  The shares issued are not quoted.  I don't think there are any financial guys on the payroll.

Swinga
2 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Out loud ...i sense a flaw in this plan?

Oh I knew it, Out load a business is only valued at what it makes. Only those that have run one, owned one, can see the flaws and false figures, with due diligence that reveal true numbers 20 x 50 = 0 if it makes nothing. kapish?

jorgethepussylover

i think many member this this open for negotiate LOL

leemok make offer 1million for 8% and 3 year. why he change this for member on board because member say to him i think this not number 1 % i can receive?

Possible if 1 month continue and he not receive many interest now he can offer equity or possible 10% but if he make offer to member 1 hour before why he make change from offer now??? LOL

This market free. you can see offer if not one person like lamook can think to increase or make to cancel?

Swinga

jeorge, you made it sound perfect ;-)

MikeOnS6
10 hours ago, LaaMok said:

Its not ideal and I wish we can offer more,  but we only need a few guys,  even without this we can still grow fast.  I just have many bars lined up infront of me and i wanted to speed up our growth.

I am a financial markets guy.  If you only need a few, I would offer equity.  That would be  interesting for me.  The risk profile of this business from economic, regulatory, protective controls, government is so high that it is riskier that equity investments in both developed nations and even Thailand.  Any investment in a non-exchange listed company in Thailand I view as on par with a junk bond.

Only a novice or someone near the end of their life would take that type of risk on for an 8% capped return with no equity.

jorgethepussylover
22 hours ago, MikeOnS6 said:

Only a novice or someone near the end of their life would take that type of risk on for an 8% capped return with no equity.

yes i not want make flame war but also i work to the finance and one can think to himself. i can think leemok go to bank and bank say no or say to him very stupid rate same 40-50%.

and he can be smart to say no for 40% but sometime i think if i can say to friend i find 8% bond he say to me where can find this i say to him for website with thai man who love talk about thai prostitite....he laugh to me!

i think leemok will find customer because many man want say to friend i can own bar pattaya but this not owner

localguy

Laamok, kudos on what you have achieved and the "empire" you have built. It's impressive.

Surely you must have thought about regulatory risk - the crackdowns on Soi 6 come and go, the tea money ebbs and flows, but one day it could all come to a crashing halt. I have followed the GC developments on Soi Full Love Inn with interest, and saw it as a wise attempt at diversification. What contingency plans do you have to keep yourself and potential investors shielded from a more permanent Soi 6 clean up?

jorgethepussylover
34 minutes ago, localguy said:

Laamok, kudos on what you have achieved and the "empire" you have built. It's impressive.

Surely you must have thought about regulatory risk - the crackdowns on Soi 6 come and go, the tea money ebbs and flows, but one day it could all come to a crashing halt. I have followed the GC developments on Soi Full Love Inn with interest, and saw it as a wise attempt at diversification. What contingency plans do you have to keep yourself and potential investors shielded from a more permanent Soi 6 clean up?

this all same i think about when see bond for Nightwish also forget #1 risk i think what if leemok receive divorce? i not like for this happen to him but this number 1 risk to all farang live thailand

bluechef

I also wonder if it has the same, probity as the raffle from a few years back, Probauly get banned for this.?

Bernie Num Nums

Thailand's penchant for the occasional coup would have me worried about sinking my hard-earned into NW. However, good luck with your projects. It will be fascinating watching it play out.

Pheat
On 06/10/2018 at 23:02, MikeOnS6 said:

If you only need a few, I would offer equity

Why would you do this .?

When you can fairly easily find a few guys in Pattaya who would lend at 8% and not offer any% of your business and forever sharing the profits.