Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

jay_613

First trip... Need advice

akamai4u2
On 21/11/2018 at 15:57, jay_613 said:

Finally got my flights sorted out for Vietnam.  I'll probably only stay one night in Ba Na Hills, and visit the golden bridge at sunrise. 
Any suggestions for hotels near by? 
How far is the bridge from town? I assume I'd need to book a taxi to get to it?

Thanks!

i stayed at the Mercure Bana Hills which is on the mountain top inside the Bana Hills Complex and is part of the French Village. you need to access it via the cable car. you can not drive to this place. the taxi/uber/grab driver will take you to The Base of the resort where you will take a cable car to the top. your luggage will be taken separately.

the bridge was not built yet, so i don't know exactly where it is in the Bana Hills complex, but the Resort is about a 45 minute taxi/uber/grab ride from Danang.

if you want to see the bridge at sunrise, i'm not positive, but i'm pretty sure you have to stay at one of the hotels in the French Village. the cable cars only run roughly 8am - 6pm.

but their might be a way to hike to it, but that's above my pay grade. :)

jay_613
16 hours ago, akamai4u2 said:

i stayed at the Mercure Bana Hills which is on the mountain top inside the Bana Hills Complex and is part of the French Village. you need to access it via the cable car. you can not drive to this place. the taxi/uber/grab driver will take you to The Base of the resort where you will take a cable car to the top. your luggage will be taken separately.

the bridge was not built yet, so i don't know exactly where it is in the Bana Hills complex, but the Resort is about a 45 minute taxi/uber/grab ride from Danang.

if you want to see the bridge at sunrise, i'm not positive, but i'm pretty sure you have to stay at one of the hotels in the French Village. the cable cars only run roughly 8am - 6pm.

but their might be a way to hike to it, but that's above my pay grade. :)

Thanks for the info!   All of the searches I did, I could only find 2 hotels on top of the mountain. One was sold out, the other (Mercure) had 2 rooms left at $200.  Above what i'm willing, just to sleep for 5 or 6 hours.  I'm pretty proficient with my google-fu, but maybe i'm searching wrong... or  maybe there are actually only 2 hotels there.   
Being there for sunrise was definitely the plan,  but we're going to have to settle for a day trip with the thousands of others.  

We'll spend most of our time in da nang and hoi an.  Not making any solid plans until we're there aand get a better feeling of the areas.

thanks again!

akamai4u2
On 30/11/2018 at 17:15, jay_613 said:

Thanks for the info!   All of the searches I did, I could only find 2 hotels on top of the mountain. One was sold out, the other (Mercure) had 2 rooms left at $200.  Above what i'm willing, just to sleep for 5 or 6 hours.  I'm pretty proficient with my google-fu, but maybe i'm searching wrong... or  maybe there are actually only 2 hotels there.   
Being there for sunrise was definitely the plan,  but we're going to have to settle for a day trip with the thousands of others.  

We'll spend most of our time in da nang and hoi an.  Not making any solid plans until we're there aand get a better feeling of the areas.

thanks again!

i only recall seeing 2 hotels in the French Village.

trying searching Agoda. i just did a random search of dates in mid December and the highest rate i'm seeing is US$139 for the Mercure. i saw US$110 for this weekend!

good luck!

Edited by akamai4u2
clarifying money in US$

aboi312

Yeah for transportation I would recommend you use Grab which is a app you can download and pay with Viet Dong. Like everyone else I do recommend Hoi An and try the Banh Mi there. It is also beautiful at night when you see all the lantern lit up. I really enjoyed Hoi An but Da Nang it self for me I didn't get to do much beside walking around the beach front area. Good luck and have fun there.