Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

phomchawpnohmyai

Game of Thrones Update - NOTE: INCLUDES SPOILERS

masterslayer169

Screw the writers :'( A decent ending, but the last season definitely did not feel like Game of Thrones. Screw the writers :'( A decent ending, but the last season definitely did not feel like Game of Thrones. 

masterslayer169
6 minutes ago, Pabloypablo said:

I sincerely hope that GRRM has actually finished the books.

His last book came before the show started, and he hasn't finished it yet. He has one more book to write after the next book. I definitely dont think that he's going to finish the book before he dies.....

Ziplee

Meh

Dr No
Posted (edited)

Only just started watching the final episode and all I can think about is why in hell is it snowing in Kings Landing (or however it’s spelt)? 

Over the last 8 seasons every scene from this place has been warm and sunny, now all of a sudden it’s fucking snowing. 

Edited by Dr No

ChiFlyer

Decent enough ending IMO. The message was consistent. Not sure why others were expecting something else. I enjoyed the 8 years and was thoroughly entertained during that time. They certainly left enough sequel threads in play, but I have read that the next show will be a prequel. We are probably looking at 2021 for that.

ChiFlyer
1 minute ago, Dr No said:

Over the last 8 seasons every scene from this place has been warm and sunny, now all of a sudden it’s fucking snowing. 

Winter is here. :)

Oukiva
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dr No said:

Only just started watching the final episode and all I can think about is why in hell is it snowing in Kings Landing (or however it’s spelt)? 

Isn't it flying/falling ashes and not snow ?

59 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Decent enough ending IMO.

Just enough then. I admit being a little disappointed. And several parts way too long or slow... IMHO. Happy for Ghost though ;)

Also a lot of questions remain unanswered, from previous episodes or even this one. How do they know that the queen is dead? and from a knife in the heart? No body, no proof. Where did the dragon bring her? Why? Etc.

59 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

// but I have read that the next show will be a prequel. We are probably looking at 2021 for that.

I read they just started to film a pilot for "BloodMoon", but no planning yet for first episodes. It's still "in project" and it could take 3-4 years before we see the first one.

Edited by Oukiva

Dr No
52 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Winter is here. :)

And yet gone so quickly. 

21 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Isn't it flying/falling ashes and not snow ?

That was my first thought but subsequent scenes surely portrayed it as snow. 

Im somewhat confused with this ending, throughout this series there’s been endless justified killings of people who claimed to be the rightful heir to the iron throne yet when it occurs in the final episode John Snow is locked up and then sentenced to live in the north. Would it not made more sense to pronounce him the one true King rather than choose Bran?

Dr No

“Speaking of builders, all the best brothels burned down, the master of coin is willing to fund reconstruction” 

Best line of the show :)

Oukiva
Posted (edited)

Jon:  "Love is the death of duty".  (from Maester Aemon)

Tyrion: "Sometimes, duty is the death of love"   (bye-bye Daenerys...)

---

Samwell (about the election of a new king) :

"Maybe the decision about what is best for everyone should be left to... well, everyone"

Sorry Sam, GOT universe is not yet ready for democracy :D

Edited by Oukiva

khwan

Ending was ok, Dany was always going to die after Episode 5....but the way she died was underwhelming to say the least. 

Ziplee

They should just have Drogon burn Jon to a crisp because they sure neutered him in the end. That would have been a good shocker.

It was like everybody forgot Jon was Aegon Targaryen. :Oops1:

Oukiva

The last words of Tyrion in the show:
I once brought a jackass and a honeycomb into a brothel...

He started this joke several times in past seasons but never finished it. :(
I at last found the full one:  :)

I once brought a jackass and a honeycomb into a brothel.
The Madame asked, "what can we do for you?"
I said, "I need a woman to lay with, for mine has left me."
The Madame asked "You poor thing; whatever for? And why do you have a jackass and a honeycomb?"
"Well," I answered, "my woman stumbled upon a genie in a bottle, and he granted her 3 wishes. The first was to have the nicest ass in the land, so he gave her this jackass. Her second wish was for a 'house fit for a queen', so he gave her this beehive."
The Madame asked, "And what of the third wish?"
"For her third wish, my woman asked the genie to make my cock hang down past my knee."
"Well, that one's not so bad!" the Madame exclaimed.
"'Not so bad!?', I replied, "I used to be 6 feet tall!"

- Tyrion Lannister :D

Jes_92
Posted (edited)

So... can anyone explain to me how they sentenced Jon to join the night's watch? It's not part of the seven kingdoms anymore. And can't Sansa just pardon him now as the north is an independent kingdom again? Now that the unsullied are gone I don't see why she wouldn't. What is the Night's Watch purpose anyhow after the dead have been defeated?

Why did Bran let all this happen if he can look into the future? I feel like at least he could've warned them that Daenarys will burn everyone. Maybe it was all a ploy just so that he would become king no matter the costs :D He even brought his chair.

Also, why did Jon tell them he killed Daenerys? I guess he could've just told them Drogon killed her and took off with her. I don't know. I mean there were no witnesses. And why would the unsullied just give up King's Landing after taking it? Just seems weird to me handing over power to someone else after having taken it. They conquered it and now they're okay with voting after their queen was killed?

Maybe I shouldn't try to make sense of the writing. Disappointing doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about this season. It's a shame what could've been. At least Ghost got his pets.

Edited by Jes_92

wallywest
Posted (edited)

Regardless of how good or bad this season has or hasn’t been...

I gotta say I got kind of emotional during the final 10 minutes of this episode.

Edited by wallywest

tommy11ny
Posted (edited)

Great show!!!! Terrible ending...I was hoping greyworm killed everybody at the end....Bunch of unloyal basterds...Bran should fucking kill jon...stanza and tyrion in my opinion....For betraying their Queen...Still the best show I ever seen

Edited by tommy11ny

tommy11ny

I fucking loved how they laughed at democracy!!!!!Great shit...

Buttviking
Posted (edited)

Just watched the final episode, I think it is a worthy ending to the greatest series ever. Season 8 kind of vindicated the too straight-foreward season 7 for me by in the end going where I did not even dare to hope they would. Thanks to GRRM, the showrunners, the directors, the actors, all others who worked on the show and the fans who supported it. SKÅL!

Bilderesultat for viking skål

Edited by Buttviking

Buttviking
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Dr No said:

The Night King brought the winter, it was snowing in King`s Landing already in the end of season 7 when Jamie left the city to head north. Now that NK is gone, summer returns and you can even see grass in the snows north of the wall in the final moments of the last episode.

S7 ending, Kings Landing

Relatert bildeBilderesultat for snw in kings landing season 7 gif

S8E6 ending in the REAL North

vlcsnap-2019-05-20-23h35m22s764.thumb.png.ee1848f5eaca7391b5b041e5e0829eb5.png

Edited by Buttviking

dontpanic

Underwhelming, all a bit happy ending for Got. Dany's death was a bit flat and somehow the dragon knew what the iron throne was for. 

What is the point of the nights watch now there's no whitewalkers and the freefolk are pals now? Hell why bother rebuilding the wall? 

Nobody else thought of declaring independance bar Sansa? As long as Jon lives the wheel is still there. 

For me Got was all about the political intrigue and plotting and scheming but like a lot of movies these days it's been turned into a cgi extravaganza. Overall meh, I regularly watch the repeats of the earlier seasons but I don't think I'll be watching this season too often.

Come on Grrm write the books so they can make it right again.

rope-a-dope

You can see the writers don't have the genius gene like the original author..a very noticeable drop in quality throughout these last 2 series. Now I am thinking there will be more movies in the pipeline...same cast. I know there is a prequel in the offing, but I think some continuation will be done. Rebirth of dany..from the flames again..ala jon? There is a lot of potential sequel material.

Buttviking
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, tommy11ny said:

Great show!!!! Terrible ending...I was hoping greyworm killed everybody at the end....Bunch of unloyal basterds...Bran should fucking kill jon...stanza and tyrion in my opinion....For betraying their Queen...Still the best show I ever seen

About Grey Worm and the Unsullied heading off to the island of Naath.. they will all probably die horrible deaths.

Any foreigner staying for more than one day or so on "the Butterfly Isle" get infected by a horrible disease with a 100% mortality rate, probably carried by the numerous butterflies that are everywhere. The natives are immune. Guess Missandei forgot to tell GW about that part :laugh:

Edited by Buttviking

sinbad5
6 hours ago, Buttviking said:

About Grey Worm and the Unsullied heading off to the island of Naath.. they will all probably die horrible deaths.

Any foreigner staying for more than one day or so on "the Butterfly Isle" get infected by a horrible disease with a 100% mortality rate, probably carried by the numerous butterflies that are everywhere. The natives are immune. Guess Missandei forgot to tell GW about that part :laugh:

Also,  they've no chicks in their ranks ... and no ballsacks. Not much of a future. 

Oukiva
18 hours ago, dontpanic said:

// and somehow the dragon knew what the iron throne was for. 

The dragon just used logic :

rip-dany-jL4YFo.png

Oukiva

One of alternate endings, from Twtiter :

D6-_t_SXkAA-qTx.jpg