Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Bobmoore

Cyclist killed, police urge event cyclists only to ride in daytime.

Bobmoore

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crime/1564454/police-identify-hunt-driver-of-van-that-killed-filipino-cyclist?utm_source=enewsletter_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_term=news

BBC SE Asia Correspondent Jonathan Head 

A shocking number of cyclists have been killed by reckless drivers in Thailand, which has the world’s highest rate of road deaths. Rather than telling people not to cycle at night, the police should start long overdue road safety education campaigns.

rope-a-dope

It's inconceivable a cyclist would cycle without lights at night anywhere in the world, but especially a place with a notorious lack of road safety. If I was ever foolish enough to cycle at night in Thailand I'd be lit up like a Christmas tree on steroids....and I'd still try to keep to the pavement.

Wolf Cat
4 hours ago, rope-a-dope said:

It's inconceivable a cyclist would cycle without lights at night anywhere in the world, but especially a place with a notorious lack of road safety. If I was ever foolish enough to cycle at night in Thailand I'd be lit up like a Christmas tree on steroids....and I'd still try to keep to the pavement.

Take a nighttime visit to the DS, so many motorbike driving around without head or tail lights and often time cars not turning on their headlight. .

Scuba+

Using pavements is a bad idea, holes and all sorts of things sticking up.

A mystery of life is why are loose wires always at eye level