Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Mr_wimpy

red dead redemption 2

Mr_wimpy

Anyone played this yet?  Is it any good?

Find games hard to get into, but the few I do are brilliant.  Last two were GTA and Call of Duty WW2

jay_613

VERY good.  A bit too involved for my liking though.  You have to take care of your character and horse better than I take care of myself. :P   My horse died last night cause I think I forgot to feed it or something. annoying.
That said, one of the best games I've played in years.

edit: I'm kinda like you. Have a hard time getting into a lot of games.  Though, I do buy a lot of them, I usually play them for an hour or two and never touch them again. i'll finish RDR though.

Edited by jay_613

forqalso

Far Cry 5 was excellent.  I hadn’t played the earlier editions, but I bought FC4 after finishing 5.

daytripperz

It's the best single player game I've ever played and I've been gaming since the early 80's and it's what I spend most of my time doing.

This game is phenomenal. The attention to detail is stunning. Just riding around is great, you see and can do some funny shit. I shot a cart driver last night with a fire arrow...seeing the cart catching fire and the horses going mental as they run away towing a cart on fire was funny as fuck. There's just so much to do.

Buy it!

drzoom

i loved GTA V but i just couldn't get into RDR2. played it for 2/3 hours but found it boring and the controls fiddly.

daytripperz
1 hour ago, drzoom said:

i loved GTA V but i just couldn't get into RDR2. played it for 2/3 hours but found it boring and the controls fiddly.

The first couple of chapters are mainly tutorials, chapter one especially.  The controls are a bit moody but you get used to them.

I've just started chapter three and loving it. I'm avoiding the main story to a certain extent and just doing the side missions I come across...and hunting.

The game is superb!

marine1

Not enough time in the day for me to get involved in another game.....currently been hooked on Neverwinter for the past year plus...

Mr_wimpy

I bought it.  Cancelled any plans for tonight.  Bought the beer, family sized quaver crisps, settled the dog, dimmed the lights, charged the controller and...

372AB096-DB4C-41CE-9B2C-1819E5598226.thumb.jpeg.68d6c4c30078b3a5bb4877b9743225c7.jpeg

... bored as fuck.

haha hope it’s worth the wait

jay_613

haha.  yeeeeeah, the installation is looooooooooong.   Luckily the update is only a few gig download.

Have fun, i'll be doing the same thing in a few hours.

Puttuyu
4 hours ago, daytripperz said:

The first couple of chapters are mainly tutorials, chapter one especially.  The controls are a bit moody but you get used to them.

I've just started chapter three and loving it. I'm avoiding the main story to a certain extent and just doing the side missions I come across...and hunting.

The game is superb!

Which areas of the map would you suggest to explore more for fun, landscapes or surprises ?

daytripperz
4 hours ago, Puttuyu said:

Which areas of the map would you suggest to explore more for fun, landscapes or surprises ?

All of it! I've gone everywhere apart from the SW where Blackwater is as I think it'll be hard to survive there with a dead or alive bounty lol. I just roam about aimlessly. You come across some random stuff in the various shacks dotted about the map.

I don't want to post spoilers, but if you want one of the best horses in the game then head north to Lake Isabella and look for a white 'Arabian' . You have to calm it and then not let it buck you off but once you've broken it in you can put your saddle on it. I've just done it, took  a while lol.

biggles

I presume this new one is only suitable for PS4/Xbox one ? 

drzoom
2 minutes ago, biggles said:

I presume this new one is only suitable for PS4/Xbox one ? 

Yes. Performance on The Base Xbox one isnt the best.

sigma01

Not played yet, but the way rockstar have been treating their staff on the lead up to this game buts a dampener on it for me. 100 hour weeks and no compensation is pretty shitty.

Puttuyu
11 hours ago, daytripperz said:

All of it! I've gone everywhere apart from the SW where Blackwater is as I think it'll be hard to survive there with a dead or alive bounty lol. I just roam about aimlessly. You come across some random stuff in the various shacks dotted about the map.

I don't want to post spoilers, but if you want one of the best horses in the game then head north to Lake Isabella and look for a white 'Arabian' . You have to calm it and then not let it buck you off but once you've broken it in you can put your saddle on it. I've just done it, took  a while lol.

Yeah, got the arabian horse from east of the lake too.

Not even any area that you specially enjoy in Lemoyne for instance ?

daytripperz
Just now, Puttuyu said:

Yeah, got the arabian horse from east of the lake too.

Not even any area that you specially enjoy in Lemoyne for instance ?

Fishing in the alligator invested marshes is fun lol. Caught a 20lb fish, had to stow it on the horse like a carcass. 

TheLostBoy

On a scale of 1 to Witcher III, where does RDRII stand?

Mr_wimpy

Am I being stupid but how do you brush your horse? 

jay_613

On the ground: L2 and left on the D Pad

On your horse:  Go to your weapon wheel and press R1 a few times to the horses stuff, and select it.

Mr_wimpy
48 minutes ago, jay_613 said:

On the ground: L2 and left on the D Pad

On your horse:  Go to your weapon wheel and press R1 a few times to the horses stuff, and select it.

I can feed it, I can’t brush it.  The option is greyed out

jay_613
59 minutes ago, Mr_wimpy said:

I can feed it, I can’t brush it.  The option is greyed out

If I remember correctly you get it once you finish the bear hunting mission in chapter 2.

jay_613

actually had a good few hours of the game tonight. it's been tough for me lately, like I said, I have a hard time with really involved games. but, getting used to it more, and really enjoyed it tonight.  Besides the 20 minutes after a mission I followed the trail and it took me to the top of a mountain for no reason, and another 20 mins back. prob shoulda checked the map... damn alcohol.

wallywest

Purchased RDR2  launch day but couldn’t touch it til I finished SPIDER-MAN. Finally finished spider man yesterday (what an emotional roller coaster that game was lol), but now I need a break to psyche myself up for rdr 2. I’m a big gamer but I can’t cut it like I used to now I’m in my old age...sigh...

RDR1 was one of my all time favourite games though

biggles

"but I can’t cut it like I used to now I’m in my old age...sigh...."

I have an Xbox360 here in Pattaya and another in the Philippines......I am 73. 

tez4life

Im gonna get this on my way home from work today. My mate is raving about it, can't hold back any longer. Looks like FIFA will be short lived