Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

IsItWhatItIs

"Hotel Selection" Guest Friendly? Over 20?

IsItWhatItIs

Hi guys I think I  may have messed up and booked an nonrefundable 2 week booking at "Hotel Selection" (beach road and soi 5). Half the reviews I read online say that there is no joiner fee when you check in alone, the other half says that there is a joiner fee. Also I found an old post on this forum that says the Hotel doesn't allow guest under 20. Can anyone clarify on the the joiner fee / guest policy of hotel selection if I check in alone into a room for 2 adults. I tried contacting them via their website/email/agoda/facebook no response.

Edited by IsItWhatItIs

LOTTELLEE WINNA
5 hours ago, IsItWhatItIs said:

Hi guys I think I  may have messed up and booked an nonrefundable 2 week booking at "Hotel Selection" (beach road and soi 5). Half the reviews I read online say that there is no joiner fee when you check in alone, the other half says that there is a joiner fee. Also I found an old post on this forum that says the Hotel doesn't allow guest under 20. Can anyone clarify on the the joiner fee / guest policy of hotel selection if I check in alone into a room for 2 adults. I tried contacting them via their website/email/agoda/facebook no response.

Which hotel is it?

IsItWhatItIs

It's name is "Hotel Selection"
 https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hotel+Selection+Pattaya/@12.9434159,100.8855966,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x4d1c3d1d6ea68255!8m2!3d12.9434159!4d100.8855966
I heard from someone else on the forum that it is only guest friendly for the first guest which would kinda fuck me if im staying there for 2 weeks.

Edited by IsItWhatItIs

rioman

The 20 or under thing not much of an issue(as long as not too much under).  I guess I do not end up with many that are that age anyways, but same policy at Scenery hotel and found that if you slipped the desk staff even 200b they were ok.    Have never stayed at Selection, but maybe similar.  

While this sounds like simple advice it funny what liquor, the smaller head can make you consider as think the ID policy is one of the main reasons for staying at a hotel - unless you spending big bucks for something real fancy.  Otherwise guesthouses are way better value - sounds like even some of them do ID thing.  Point being is that the last thing I would ever want in place like Thailand or any other like area is to be caught with an underage girl.  There much better ways to wreck your life.

IsItWhatItIs
Just now, rioman said:

The 20 or under thing not much of an issue(as long as not too much under).  I guess I do not end up with many that are that age anyways, but same policy at Scenery hotel and found that if you slipped the desk staff even 200b they were ok.    Have never stayed at Selection, but maybe similar. 

Yea I agree with that. I find that all the girls I have been with were over 20 and I have no preference for girls being 18 or, 19 I just specifically i just found it weird that some hotels don't allow girls under 20. The more important thing is whether or not there is an additional joiner fee of 1000 (~$30) which is insane considering I am only paying $35 a night at the hotel.

wallywest

I’d assume by ‘first guest’ they meant if, let’s say, you’re bringing two women to your room at a time you have to pay a fee for the second. I’ve read it’s common for hotels to charge a joiner fee for more than one guest. I doubt they meant the first guest you take to your room during your stay then pay for all the others...but don’t quote me on that.

i think the under 20 thing is also quite common. Something to do with the law as under 20s are still considered minors in Thailand. Someone more learned than myself could probably confirm this.

LOTTELLEE WINNA

A guest on TripAdvisor asked the hotel if they charge for joiners....sounds like one guest is free more is 1,000 pn.

Dear Varun S, Our offer is including 2 persons per room. Our rooms are equipped with either 1 double/king bed or 2 single/twin beds. An additional person will be charged with 1000 baht per night. I hope I could help you - please let me know if you have any open question. Sincerely Christian.

darpra

When there are mixed reviews online regarding joiner policy of a hotel usually it means it is in fact joiner friendly. Some people dont checkin alone on a double room and thus are charged a fee for bringing in a lady and they probably wrote the review that the hotel is not joiner friendly.

Also hotels in Thailand dont always reply back to Agoda, emails etc. Just call the hotel directly and confirm this.

raviinc

I prefer 20 upwards because 18 is a fine line which separates a minor. If she’s minor even with a fake ID you’re either in serious trouble with the law or you’ll be fleeced for a lot of bhat. Be cautious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk