Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Taa_Saparot

Air Quality

Taa_Saparot

With all this haze, its pretty poor at the moment  

157.jpg.971dd11d5db08a8427ec6c5617b650a1.jpg

Tarl

What is it from?

Halfaboy

A very interesting graph. Did not know something like this existed in Thailand. Would it be reliable ?

dnaliaht
Just now, Tarl said:

What is it from?

Burning season I presume. The guys up around Chang Mai are complaining about it too. 

duffMaster

Yes it’s not good,but it’s to early for burning season that usually starts in the driest months before the big rain period comes and clear the air. Really don’t know if that’s a problem here in Patts its a more northern thing when they burn the rice fields in March -April. Anyhow the dry period is a few months away.

This time of year it’s typically clear blue skies and colder temperatures. Now it’s smoggy, humid and hot. In BKK it’s hazardous in some places. Pollution from various sources but vehicle traffic is the one that stands out, mixed with bad weather conditions is the likely the reason for the bad air quality. 

yahderhey

Just got back from a trip to Japan, stayed in BKK overnight went to the Siam mall area and the difference in air quality was huge it actually hurt to breath . Back in Rayong now and it's hot and humid as hell but at least you can breath. 

Barhop
2 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

With all this haze, its pretty poor at the moment  

157.jpg.971dd11d5db08a8427ec6c5617b650a1.jpg

http://aqicn.org

Shit a brick!!!  Opened the link and it asked if I wanted my current location reading and so got ADELAIDE 14 (city centre) and NETLEY  8 (close by).  I'm gobsmacked at the Thai readings :o

This is now an additional reason why I am negative to the Retire in Pattaya (or similar) thread...

Taa_Saparot
40 minutes ago, Barhop said:

Shit a brick!!!  Opened the link and it asked if I wanted my current location reading and so got ADELAIDE 14 (city centre) and NETLEY  8 (close by).  I'm gobsmacked at the Thai readings :o

This is now an additional reason why I am negative to the Retire in Pattaya (or similar) thread...

Yep, its shocking.

But to be fair, it seems to have only became an annual occurence for around a week, normally in January.

Not sure what happened to that cool period we normally get around Xmas every year, but we seemed to have bypassed it and gone straight to Januarys weather, this year ?

Edited by Taa_Saparot

Barhop
Just now, Taa_Saparot said:

Yep, its shocking.

But to be fair, it seems to have only became a annual occurence for around a week, normally in January.

Not sure what happened to that cool period we normally get around Xmas every year, but we seemed to have bypassed it and gone straight to Januarys weather, this year ?

Hmmm, do not know...  But this reminds me of the almost 3 years I lived in Los Angeles - every year there was what was called Santa Anna offshore winds for 4 or 5 days - choking...  I had lived on the coast there (nice rental allowance) and always had a lovely clean sea breeze, except for that period grrr...

But those readings above - I'm breathing 8 as we speak, while over there it's 157... Still trying to get my head around that...

dave01

There is a bit of breeze around at the mo.... I don't think it is as bad as yesterday... no wind, and the smog just sat, and turned the place into a bit of an oven....

forcebwithu

The smog was quite bad last night. Unfortunately it's not uncommon for Pattaya this time of year. Quite a few cities around the world have the same problem in the cooler/colder months due to inversion layers this time of year. Normally the air temperature drops the higher you go. With an inversion layer colder air is trapped below a layer of warm air above, and this results in all the particulate matter being trapped close to the ground. Google "Pattaya inversion layer" and you'll see a few posts from years past about the phenomenon.

rioman
14 hours ago, dnaliaht said:

Burning season I presume. The guys up around Chang Mai are complaining about it too. 

Not that I have been up there yet, but thought that burning season was earliest February, more likely March?

birdhaus

Comparing Patts to Bangkok at the tail end of November was worlds apart.
After nearly two weeks in Patts and then just a mere two days Bangkok I could feel it.  

Fumbduck
9 hours ago, rioman said:

Not that I have been up there yet, but thought that burning season was earliest February, more likely March?

Correct. I don't see why anyone here would be complaining yet as there hasn't really been any smoke recently, except maybe some very localized burning. The burning season earlier this year was actually the easiest one yet, presumably a result of the increased pressure from the authorities to keep it down.

NorCalKid

Cool app/webpage.  If you scroll to the bottom you can do a world view, check out China.  Cities at 999.   

Barhop
32 minutes ago, NorCalKid said:

Cool app/webpage.  If you scroll to the bottom you can do a world view, check out China.  Cities at 999.   

Top right of page is a search box and so easy to type in anywhere you want :)

duffMaster
1 hour ago, NorCalKid said:

Yes equivalent to be an heavy smoker. Think what it does to kids lungs. People are going to die like flies when lung cancer becomes as common as a cold in China. tick tack , tick tack. 

http://berkeleyearth.org/air-pollution-and-cigarette-equivalence/

Captain Dave
On 21/12/2018 at 05:04, Barhop said:

Note that Laem Chabang is a large port and industrial area up the coast from Pattaya.

Pattaya would be much lower as a rule.

Barhop
1 hour ago, Captain Dave said:

Note that Laem Chabang is a large port and industrial area up the coast from Pattaya.

Ok...but the zillion mb's spewing crap 24/7 that we walk in is still no joke...

Taa_Saparot

Was an improvement yesterday, but the haze seems to be back this morning.

capture1.thumb.jpg.809f1729b98baef26cd906ca9cf17287.jpg

Taa_Saparot
15 hours ago, Captain Dave said:

Had a look about to see what else was out there, and found this one :

https://www.airvisual.com/thailand/chon-buri/phatthaya

capture2.thumb.jpg.4082998dc6bbe05ee57a255cfdba2396.jpg