Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Taa_Saparot

Air Quality

speedtoy
2 hours ago, Barhop said:

Seems logical that the crops burning off is not practiced in the wet season.  The burning off is a huge contributor to the pollution level.  So the rain IS a factor...

Yes, but he feels a threat to retiring there.

Not spending a week after a good rain.

That's the context for this guy...and if Thailand wanted to solve this problem today, its 10-20yrs away from being practical...the people dont care...they actually believe that drones spraying water...will help.

Barhop
5 minutes ago, speedtoy said:

Yes, but he feels a threat to retiring there.

Not spending a week after a good rain.

That's the context for this guy...and if Thailand wanted to solve this problem today, its 10-20yrs away from being practical...the people dont care...they actually believe that drones spraying water...will help.

OK...see your point.  Have considered going expat myself (66yo), but in the FOR and AGAINST lists, the "pollution levels" joined "not being able to own a house" at the top of the AGAINST list.  I look at my local pollution levels in Adelaide, compare with Pattaya and currently there could not be a bigger contrast.  Two 30 day trips in my winter is now my annual Pattaya dalliance.

Guess the OP shares my concern...

bbbz

i think the weather is going to be chilly tonight and hot tamale'

Zeb

Rather then open a new thread - just a brief comment about the current heavy rain in North Queensland, Australia.

Townville is getting a total deluge with reports of half a metre of rain falling in 30 minutes - thats 20 inches in 30 minutes in the old measurements.

They have had to open dams filled beyond capacity which has caused extensive flooding. Then there is this carried in the media about a townville suburb -

Dyex0usUUAEjzM3.jpg

A week or so ago in little place in the far western part of NSW hit a overnight MINIMUM of over 36 C - thats almost 98 Fahrenheit - thats the lowest the temperature reached overnight. 

striderman

still dark here on monday morning but i can see the lights of lam chabang port from south pattaya quite clearly so it will be good visibility again today

likeaking

Will the sky ever be blue again?

Taa_Saparot

Damn Hot out there today.

Luv2Phuket

Ordered an N99 mask today, as I will be spending 4 days in Bangkok.  Don't know if I will actually WEAR it or not, but better safe than sorry. 

Stories about these PM 2.5 particles are classic fear mongering by the press....but they're working well enough to get me to buy a mask!  55555

Asiansarefun

Phuket seems to have beeter air on average, is that right in reality for those of you who have been there a lot?

Luv2Phuket
On 04/02/2019 at 21:53, Luv2Phuket said:

Ordered an N99 mask today, as I will be spending 4 days in Bangkok.  Don't know if I will actually WEAR it or not, but better safe than sorry. 

Stories about these PM 2.5 particles are classic fear mongering by the press....but they're working well enough to get me to buy a mask!  55555

So much for THAT!

The clueless Korean lady at my P.O. Box store LOST my fucking package that -- according to the shipping service -- came in yesterday!  They have no controls, so my guess is some other motherfucker just walked out with my package (which included masks for me and my teerak, as well as a 2 GB external hard drive).

Given that I am off to the airport in a few hours, it looks like I will be trying to find a mask that fits my melon head while on a 5 hour layover in Tokyo.

On the bright side, if/when I find a mask in Japan or Bangkok, it will be MUCH cheaper than the ones that I ordered (although the one I ordered had a design on it that I thought would be well-received by the lovely young ladies in Bangkok!  5555)

TWD
On 05/02/2019 at 12:53, Luv2Phuket said:

To be fair, there’s always an element of exaggeration by a few, but there’s plenty of science supporting the descriptions of short and long term physical side effects. 

TWD

The pollution hasn’t miraculously disappeared via the Bangkok water cannons  and drone molasses sprayers. All that’s happened is a weather change - we’ve had steady to brisk southerly winds pushing the pollution just north of the Eastern Seaboard and Bangkok. 

Central, northern Thailand and Isaan have been suffering badly this past week.

TWD

Bangkok authorities continuing to provide free car and bike washing around the city last night...

93688CE6-96F3-4306-B2F9-AEB9EF28DE5E.jpeg

A482E74C-6097-48B1-B020-51420134D314.jpeg

forcebwithu
2 hours ago, TWD said:

Bangkok authorities continuing to provide free car and bike washing around the city last night...

A482E74C-6097-48B1-B020-51420134D314.jpeg

Lunacy what they're doing in Bangkok. While driving around spraying water in the air, the diesel water trucks are adding even more pollutants to the air. 

Barhop
On 03/02/2019 at 13:00, Barhop said:

https://pattayaone.news/en/beware-fake-n95-masks-market/

https://safeguard.3m.com/Guest#/Validation

This was very handy as I ordered a pack of 10 (5 came?)from china on ebay a few weeks ago, so they will arrive any day now.   The second link will determine if they are genuine by inserting the serial numbers.  Will post again after I have been able to check.

As promised, here's the not entirely unexpected result:

520712759_airmasktest2.JPG.34ff6e8841eac2334f07ad6c2bf1ff7e.JPG358831004_airmasktest1.JPG.c0c1a8c12ae251b3f798b2e5fa1b2a81.JPG

Atlas

Howdy,

Happy to report it is a lot better on the ground in the last couple of days, have even seen some blue sky. Hopefully it will stay this way for a while... 

TWD

From 3 - 5pm today around town AQI around 160, whether on top of Pratumnak Hill, on the beach, or driving around Pattaya. PM2.5 between 60 and 80.

Set to improve overnight... already a bit better, AQI 134.

30BC9F09-047A-484D-AE0C-A564E06743CB.jpeg

96D49385-12A5-4A8D-89A5-DECC871A79D9.jpeg

67C10578-82C7-427C-8FFE-9496C9D2785D.jpeg

927C9C19-8D4B-4B1C-962A-7A46489A7240.jpeg

42E236E6-BD66-4ACF-A2A3-57E6274C7D27.jpeg

Barhop

Well, strangely enough, there's lots of countries not appearing here that I would have bet on being in the top 50 (Thailand included)...

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/most-polluted-countries-in-the-world/ss-BBTGl23?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=mailsignout#image=51

striderman

last few days visibility has been about as good as it gets.

taken today....................

1218725444_20feb010(Custom).JPG.492a22fbefbed0c965ecbbf6765f5b8d.JPG

the new, improved/widened pattaya beach from near royal garden plaza with wongamat, naklua condos and lam chabang port in the distance left side