Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

thisisdre

Thoughts?

hatguy

That sucks. I met some really decent guys this trip. Drank some rounds with them at a few places over the period of my stay. It is important, however, to keep your own check bin. That's the guts of it in Pattaya. 

jed§

Reading this, I'm glad I don't go to these places when I'm there. I have been but mostly I see alcohol, and or drug, fuelled younger, terstorone maxed guys pushing their weight around. If this had happened to me (and probably it wouldn't) I would have avoided any kind of confrontation altogether and just excused myself to my girl and gone. I sounds obvious really that she didn't want to be with the man she went in with and may be doing this all the time.

thisisdre
26 minutes ago, gshock said:

I can see why you invited these guys to join your girl as your lady could chat to with fellow Thai's and maybe flirt a little with the men. As long as she's coming to your room who gives a hoot. Buying everybody else a drink but you isn't cool. I probably would try to make light of it but put him in the spot the second time he did this by saying "you forgot my drink mate" and took the piss also by saying "struggling to count over 6-7, you should just hand that drink too me" or just take the drink while saying this. All depending on the caveman vibes this guy was giving off. Don't want to end up in a fight. The easiest option is to ask the lady to come if she doesn't then you know where you stand with her. Drop her like a hot potato and find another lovely lady for the evening. I suppose it's easy to say if you're not in the situation but if I was there I might feel a tad pissed off.

Kudos to you for not losing it and keeping it together.

Haha Gentlemen this wasn’t me. 

I’m too much of an extrovert for that to happen. 

This is a post I saw on fakebook by some poor bugger who wasn’t sure how to handle it. 

:Grin3:

I just hope these real life scenarios gives everyone a heads up of what could happen and know what action to take 

:wink:

Edited by thisisdre

keepitfun

Immediately find the hottest chick, but

Buy a bottle for her table but stay on your table...funny.

George1234

In most social situations, to buy a round for a table and leave a single person out, would be discourteous and odd. However, in a shithole bar full of hookers and strangers, I think you should be a lot more relaxed about drinks etiquette. Similarly, in normal circumstances, it would be extremely gauche to stare at a lady. However, in a shithole bar full of hookers and strangers, I think you should be a lot more relaxed about any perceived challenge to your ‘masculinity’ or defending the ‘honour’ of said lady.

Would I ever stare at a TG sat with another guy? No. Would I leave out a single person in a round of drinks? No. Would I want to get involved in buying rounds for groups of strangers and would I ever expect a drink? No. 

It is about choosing the company you keep and places you drink. There are plenty of girls who will bring trouble and social discomfort your way. Think of them as grenades - you always have to be concerned that it will go off. There are plenty of bars patronised by people who won’t be your cup of tea.

It sounds like the guy has picked the wrong girl and is drinking in the wrong place. He could try finding a more demure GoGo girl who isn’t particularly interested in the ‘partying with friends’ scene. He might also wish to avoid the main bar in Pattaya for ‘customers’ looking for ‘ladies’.

Ping Pong

Check bin, c'mon girl we're moving on, goodnight Ladies and Gents.

Dalef65
6 hours ago, thisisdre said:

I was thinking maybe had he offered them a drink of his bottle? (No obligation of course)

Or

Was the poster sitting there grumpy and in silence watching them laugh and the 2 guys getting all the attention, including from “his girl”? 

Could have he possibly been visually upset and made it obvious hence them excluding him? 

At the end, the shot buyer tried to cheers with him, perhaps to

“break the ice”

and he fully ignored him..

Or

the guys were just jerks? 

Ah so many possibilities, 

:Party1:

Well this is the thing. There are so many possibilities it's virtually impossible to give a succinct opinion.

We weren't there and all that.

It is worth noting that the whole ibar/insomnia thing becomes increasingly like a Western nightclub in (insert random Farang country). 

Jous

Thais lose face; farangs lose table. Just a culture clash.

:Dance1:

talung66
8 hours ago, thisisdre said:

I saw him on FB, he is an

“older gentleman”

Maybe the other 2 were youngsters? 

Haha yeah probably one of those frozen coloured injections. it would have been the 30 mls shot glass of frozen daiquiris and margaritas, 

:D

Thinking about it now if it were me i would be happy not to be included in the round of shots and if they did wouldn't accept.

As they would expect it reciprocated.

The FB poster should have thought about that in the end by not including him it saved him money.

Should have given them a thank you.

thisisdre
1 hour ago, talung66 said:

Thinking about it now if it were me i would be happy not to be included in the round of shots and if they did wouldn't accept.

As they would expect it reciprocated.

The FB poster should have thought about that in the end by not including him it saved him money.

Should have given them a thank you.

Haha yeah those injections,

“they love it!?  :Grin3: 

thisisdre
9 hours ago, George1234 said:

In most social situations, to buy a round for a table and leave a single person out, would be discourteous and odd. However, in a shithole bar full of hookers and strangers, I think you should be a lot more relaxed about drinks etiquette. Similarly, in normal circumstances, it would be extremely gauche to stare at a lady. However, in a shithole bar full of hookers and strangers, I think you should be a lot more relaxed about any perceived challenge to your ‘masculinity’ or defending the ‘honour’ of said lady.

Would I ever stare at a TG sat with another guy? No. Would I leave out a single person in a round of drinks? No. Would I want to get involved in buying rounds for groups of strangers and would I ever expect a drink? No. 

It is about choosing the company you keep and places you drink. There are plenty of girls who will bring trouble and social discomfort your way. Think of them as grenades - you always have to be concerned that it will go off. There are plenty of bars patronised by people who won’t be your cup of tea.

It sounds like the guy has picked the wrong girl and is drinking in the wrong place. He could try finding a more demure GoGo girl who isn’t particularly interested in the ‘partying with friends’ scene. He might also wish to avoid the main bar in Pattaya for ‘customers’ looking for ‘ladies’.

So True :rolleyes:

Mr_wimpy

My thoughts are he is playing it wrong being there in the first place.

thisisdre
1 hour ago, Mr_wimpy said:

My thoughts are he is playing it wrong being there in the first place.

So true Mr Wimpy

NYCCharles

It serves as a warning to me not to let a girl invite over strangers in a Pattaya bar...  Thanks!

mr joshua

walk away or follow him into the toilets and ask him wtf his problem is.

worldtraveler3
On 11/01/2019 at 11:40, franknbeans said:

I've seen worst in the DR. 

Yup my favorite part of this was when they say yes and leave always funny.