Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Thedooder

Learning Thai Apps

Thedooder

Anyone have any suggestions on good apps to learn some Thai. Found a couple on the playstore. But has any one tried any of them first hand? 

Thedooder

So far i have found Mondly and Drops. Seems to be the most popular. Anyone have an experience. Or is it a waste of time? 

javasumatra

lingopolo.com - not an app but a very, very good website.

Edited by javasumatra

Thedooder

Ill check it out.. thanks . Ive been messing with Drops. Already learned a couple basics words haha. 

Srirachapocalypse

I've been having some decent luck with an app called Ling that I found on the playstore, and am finding a web based program Learn Thai from l-lingo.com quite good, and there is an app for it as well that I haven't installed yet on my phone which I keep forgetting to do - perhaps I should do that now. I'm still in the introductory free lesson mode on both trying to decide which of the two, if either, I want to upgrade to a paid version, I think both are like $8.99 a month. 

Edited by Srirachapocalypse

gshock

There is an App called Learn Thai Phrases( Look for elephant logo after google play store search) It has some basic Thai phrases that are very useful. The app can be used offline and audio clips of Thai words enable you to practice and the app also has a quiz and test facility. Like most apps, it isn't perfect but it could be worth the extra few pounds for advanced phrases. I have tried to learn but have only learned some basic phrases. Some ladies like it some look at you really strange, it's probably the Scottish accent. Chok dee Krap or Good luck

mrobins1974

I’m currently using one made by Nemo that I’m finding very good.

It has a list of words or phrases it runs through and slowly adds new ones after a certain amount of time.

I’ve picked up quite a lot with it.

Another good bonus is this app is free.

f4d063238f2b3270bef84d029f71bf74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobSL1

Load a Thai dictionary on your phone and off you go....its about you not the app...

Just have some fun. Start with..... 'arp nam du-ai mai'[ and fun will follow....no its not on any app.

Jes_92

There's Walen Thai which has some of the basics (and with sound). Really useful for beginner's.

gshock
On 13/01/2019 at 23:15, Pole said:

Have a look at Paiboons thai/english dictionary

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wordinthehand.thaidict

A bit expensive but the best thing about it is it has a favourite folder so you can place your phrases and words in a place where you find them easily without sifting through hundreds of text. Cheers mate I might give it a try as I still talk nid noi Thai

Garzan

This is an older thread, but has some good stuff in it:

I've been living here for about eight years now, and what I've found true for me is that without a native Thai speaker to help with tones, whichever course has limited value for speaking Thai. Learning to read and write on your own is one thing, learning to speak a tonal language is something else entirely. That may not be true for you, but it certainly is for me.

And another observation I've made is that you need an ~honest~ teacher to help with learning tones. Case in point, my wife either doesn't seem to want to make a point of correcting my bad Thai. She's learned my mistakes, so I can speak Thai with her, but not so well with anyone else. You need someone willing to say, 'no, that isn't right, try again' as many times as it takes. Having someone learn your mistakes is not so good. :-)