Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

WalterA

It’s 5 Baht cheaper next door ....

WalterA

Sitting in beer bars and restaurants recently I’ve noticed some guys walk in and order, for example, a beer .... then have a whine that next door the bottle of beer is 5 or 10 Baht cheaper .... waste of time because ....

.... the Thai waitress is unlikely to understand him anyhow ....

.... she’s not the owner and therefor doesn’t make decisions, so why give her a hard time ....

.... no one is forcing you to sit down and order, it’s cheaper next door, get up and go ....

.... it’s rude ....

I’m a cheap Charlie, but I’m not rude ..... 

boingo

Was that cheap but not easy Walter? :D

keepitfun

Hope you thanked them for their detailed intelligence and made a booking for the next night.   10 baht is 10 baht.  

Jous

Rude Charlies everywhere

:Dance1:

soi6falang

Complaining about price keeps price down  and equals more beer or Thailand becomes more expensive than farangland and we get to go home and die or boredom 

George1234

Anybody who has ever worked on a ‘shop-floor’ will know that there is a certain percentage of customers who will always, without fail, complain about something (however ridiculous).

If you are professional in your job you will always try and see it from the customers point of view. You might consider that:

- Nobody listens to him at home - this is his opportunity to be listened to

- He is lonely - this is an opportunity for human contact

- He is bitter - it comes so natural he doesn’t know he is doing it

- He enjoys being miserly - this is him indulging in his hobby

- He believes the customer is always right - he wants to exercise this prerogative

- He believes you are ignorant to competitive forces within your sector - he is warning you that 10 bhat is the straw that will break the camels back

- He is picking on the person he knows will not answer back - the person who has no power to change anything and could easily be fired by the person who does 

Awful customers with ridiculous/pointless  complaints are generally tolerated and then privately mocked by staff. The call would often come out: ‘here comes happy hour’ or ‘cunt face has entered/left the building’ or ‘it is your turn to serve the miserable bastard’. 

I guess it depends whether you think this guys complaint is ridiculous/pointless. Im sure the Thai girl couldn’t possibly give any less of a shit than is humanly possible and menu price won’t change one bhat. 

ben nevis

If a bar next door is cheaper but seems to be having more fun then i will just pay my bill and try next door.

robert
14 hours ago, Jous said:

Rude Charlies everywhere

:Dance1:

Very nice Avatar, original

bukone
15 hours ago, George1234 said:

Anybody who has ever worked on a ‘shop-floor’ will know that there is a certain percentage of customers who will always, without fail, complain about something (however ridiculous).

If you are professional in your job you will always try and see it from the customers point of view. You might consider that:

- Nobody listens to him at home - this is his opportunity to be listened to

- He is lonely - this is an opportunity for human contact

- He is bitter - it comes so natural he doesn’t know he is doing it

- He enjoys being miserly - this is him indulging in his hobby

- He believes the customer is always right - he wants to exercise this prerogative

- He believes you are ignorant to competitive forces within your sector - he is warning you that 10 bhat is the straw that will break the camels back

- He is picking on the person he knows will not answer back - the person who has no power to change anything and could easily be fired by the person who does 

Awful customers with ridiculous/pointless  complaints are generally tolerated and then privately mocked by staff. The call would often come out: ‘here comes happy hour’ or ‘cunt face has entered/left the building’ or ‘it is your turn to serve the miserable bastard’. 

I guess it depends whether you think this guys complaint is ridiculous/pointless. Im sure the Thai girl couldn’t possibly give any less of a shit than is humanly possible and menu price won’t change one bhat. 

I understand what your saying but in my experience at work the people who complain a lot always seem to get a easier job and and looked after more than the bloke who says fuck all and just does his job.

same as rude people in Thailand, I remember years ago standing in line at MacDonalds in Pattaya and watched a guy walk in straight up to the counter bypassing the line and order his meal, what should have happened is the Thai should have said get in line with everyone else, it took me to tap himon the shoulder and tell him to get to the back, unfortunately whining and being rude is tolerated far to much in my opinion.

Captain Dave
16 hours ago, WalterA said:

Sitting in beer bars and restaurants recently I’ve noticed some guys walk in and order, for example, a beer .... then have a whine that next door the bottle of beer is 5 or 10 Baht cheaper .... waste of time because ....

.... she’s not the owner and therefor doesn’t make decisions, so why give her a hard time ....

.... no one is forcing you to sit down and order, it’s cheaper next door, get up and go ....

.... it’s rude ....

Moaning is many a Country's National sport, and many of their champions seem to gravitate to Pattaya.

jugster

No point moaning but i was a little surpised Retox soi honey charging 95b for a bottle of tiger. Thougth theyd be a little more comperative but suppose got air con inside. I sat outside can be cold often enough  in uk.

Same beer 75 baht next door i suppose if your botheted can ask to see price list first

rupdawg
19 hours ago, WalterA said:

.... it’s rude ....

I had a friend like this, so I took him to a cheap beer bar and he still had a whine and said “it might be cheaper but it still cost 5 baht extra to piss it out”

jugster

That big pook bar on soi bukhaew looks reasonably priced with big sign saying all beers 65baht..

Looked fairly busy mid afternoon

robert
3 minutes ago, jugster said:

That big pook bar on soi bukhaew looks reasonably priced with big sign saying all beers 65baht..

Looked fairly busy mid afternoon

good price, but were there any available girls, I won't go to a place which has cheap drinks and no girls, I can do that at home, but it is a good deal for the expats

jugster
1 minute ago, robert said:

good price, but were there any available girls, I won't go to a place which has cheap drinks and no girls, I can do that at home, but it is a good deal for the expats

Im a little wary of the name pooks bar have some vague recolection of a similar named bar

robert
9 minutes ago, jugster said:

Im a little wary of the name pooks bar have some vague recolection of a similar named bar

Usually it is associated with Ladyboys but I have heard it is just the name of the complex and has no Ladyboys

renovator
53 minutes ago, jugster said:

O O how did that go 5555555

jugster
17 minutes ago, renovator said:

O O how did that go 5555555

Remember a lot of laughs a lot of beer a lot of ( lady drinks ) and ( cringe ) a bit of kissing.

franknbeans

Spoke to a bar manager on Soi6 and he said he has to deal with stupid complaints like this more frequently than I'd think. Group of 4 sharing 1 beer complained about the price of that 1 beer. Then girl called manager over again as they complained about the 300baht barfine/room fee. Then had to come back to them once again as they complained about the 1000baht fee to the girl. Well they were ok with the 1000baht, but for all 4 of them to fuck her and pay the 1000 total. Manager told them to leave and beach road is that way. 

mikeyboy
22 minutes ago, franknbeans said:

Spoke to a bar manager on Soi6 and he said he has to deal with stupid complaints like this more frequently than I'd think. Group of 4 sharing 1 beer complained about the price of that 1 beer. Then girl called manager over again as they complained about the 300baht barfine/room fee. Then had to come back to them once again as they complained about the 1000baht fee to the girl. Well they were ok with the 1000baht, but for all 4 of them to fuck her and pay the 1000 total. Manager told them to leave and beach road is that way. 

This must be a wind up ...     Did you hear the one about the four indi.....      No , i'll go no further .

Mikeyboy

franknbeans

@mikeyboy

No, he was talking about 4 guys from China. My background is Chinese and we were talking about Chinese tourists and how some of them are into sharing girls as a group of friends which caught me by surprise and it lead to that story. 

farcanal
21 hours ago, bukone said:

I understand what your saying but in my experience at work the people who complain a lot always seem to get a easier job and and looked after more than the bloke who says fuck all and just does his job.

same as rude people in Thailand, I remember years ago standing in line at MacDonalds in Pattaya and watched a guy walk in straight up to the counter bypassing the line and order his meal, what should have happened is the Thai should have said get in line with everyone else, it took me to tap himon the shoulder and tell him to get to the back, unfortunately whining and being rude is tolerated far to much in my opinion.

Yep, had similar at Swampy on our way home. 

We were lined up at the wrapping machine, 4 of us , each with a set of golf clubs to be wrapped. A young couple was ahead of us getting their suitcases wrapped.

Out of nowhere, as the young couple were finishing and paying, this dude walks straight up to the wrapping attendant with a couple of cases.

One of my mates, although old , is quite a big man , goes up to the bloke and taps him on the shoulder and says "Oi mate, there's a fucking line here" and points to the rest of us neatly in line.

The bloke looks and shrugs his shoulders and said he didn't know.

Mr_wimpy
22 hours ago, bukone said:

What sort of jobs that?  Sounds good

bukone
1 hour ago, Mr_wimpy said:

What sort of jobs that?  Sounds good

I’d say you’d fit right in with the whingers :) 

dawg73
15 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

This must be a wind up ...     Did you hear the one about the four indi.....      No , i'll go no further .

Mikeyboy

I don't believe it is - I spoke to a Soi 6 cashier last month who told me pretty much the exact same story.