Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

yobbo

Sawasdee, Sutus, Opey De Place, Which one

yobbo

So I have had many trips to Pattaya. Usually stay at a guest house. Used to be the Chow Soy till Triangle started doing band music 7 days a week. Now my choice is Canterbury Tales.

But this trip I have someone joining me. And he won't be happy in a guest house. So I'm going to book 4 days. (Yes you read that right, his first trip to Pattaya is only 4 days) with one of the above hotels. Then after he leaves I will move to the Canterbury Tales.

Since I have never stayed at any of the above hotels. I'm wondering which one I should book. I really do have my heart set on the Soi LK Metro area.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Tarl

I really like Sutus 1. Stay there a lot. Only issue is no safe in the room.

raviinc

No safe is a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mstn2014

Sutus does have safe boxes at reception, I just find places to hide stuff in the room.   Sutus has the Pool and a separate huge Jaccuzi, both get the sun,whereas the Opey pool looks pretty surrounded and shaded.   You can just walk in and out of Sutus main entrance 24/7.   In 5 years I have never signed a girl in and on the odd occasion, never been charged for an extra joiner.

I should add, I always stay at Sutus 3 overlooking the pool, if you stay at Sutus 1 you have to go past reception so that might alter signing in.

Edited by Mstn2014

gmingot

Opey de Place always works for me. Good location, reasonable price, safe in room and nice pool. its also worth paying an extra 100bht or so for a room with a balcony

Pheat
8 minutes ago, gmingot said:

Opey de Place always works for me. Good location, reasonable price, safe in room and nice pool. its also worth paying an extra 100bht or so for a room with a balcony

2 hours ago, yobbo said:

So I have had many trips to Pattaya. Usually stay at a guest house. Used to be the Chow Soy till Triangle started doing band music 7 days a week. Now my choice is Canterbury Tales.

But this trip I have someone joining me. And he won't be happy in a guest house. So I'm going to book 4 days. (Yes you read that right, his first trip to Pattaya is only 4 days) with one of the above hotels. Then after he leaves I will move to the Canterbury Tales.

Since I have never stayed at any of the above hotels. I'm wondering which one I should book. I really do have my heart set on the Soi LK Metro area.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Stayed in all the mentioned hotels would not stay in any of them again for different reasons.

Nature View close to Sutus would be my choice much nicer rooms and not a lot more Baht

hioctane

What is his budget?

Tarl
4 hours ago, raviinc said:

No safe is a deal breaker for me.

Yeah Iam not a fan of safety boxes behind reception usually myself so thought best to mention it.

yobbo
13 hours ago, Tarl said:

Hmm not sure he would like that idea. He is bringing a fair amount of cash with him. Even tho he is only here for 4 nights.

11 hours ago, gmingot said:

Cheers, sounds better than Sutus.

11 hours ago, Pheat said:

Stayed in all the mentioned hotels would not stay in any of them again for different reasons.

Nature View close to Sutus would be my choice much nicer rooms and not a lot more Baht

I haven't heard of Nature View before. But thank you. I will check that one out.

11 hours ago, hioctane said:

What is his budget?

LOL its more like what is my budget. Since I'm used to staying in a guest house at 500 baht a night. I was hoping to find a nice place around the 1500 - 2000 range. Closer to 1500 is better.

Crushed

I recently stayed at Sutus and wanted to put some stuff in the safety box in the afternoon.  They told me there were none available until evening.  I'd still stay there again as its a nice hotel for the price.

hioctane
LOL its more like what is my budget. Since I'm used to staying in a guest house at 500 baht a night. I was hoping to find a nice place around the 1500 - 2000 range. Closer to 1500 is better.

I think he will like 247 Boutique Boutique on Soi Honey. I think it is around 1200.

Red Rooster

I like nature view, I'm booked in there for march trip, but they also have no room safes, a room behind reception for security boxes, i usually take my own padlock. Also they are not on booking sutes you need to book direct and they only accept cash on arrival. But very nice hotel.

Tarl

Maybe see if the balcony rooms in Boomerang Guesthouse are available. They  are around 1000 a night and are excellent. Certainly better than most hotels around 1500. Honey Inn Hotel is great value for money as well just make sure you get a deluxe room facing soi honey. 24/7 as mentioned above also very good.

equanimous

agree with most of the comments.....

stayed in all those places and wouldn't bother again...

no better than most guest houses ... and more expensive...

find a nice guesthouse and hold his hand..????

stayed at Viking hotel... some of the most comfortable beds in pattaya.... up near pattaya south rd

also corner lodge... bit of a walk... awesome management. beds a bit hard... both places have pools..

just some more options..

Edited by equanimous

Mr Wombat
On 26/01/2019 at 19:42, Pheat said:

We all have different tastes.

I used to stay at nature view but changed to Sutus 1 because the rooms are bigger and better. Also I could rarely get a room facing away from the street at nature view but can always get one at sutus.

hioctane
agree with most of the comments.....
stayed in all those places and wouldn't bother again...
no better than most guest houses ... and more expensive...
find a nice guesthouse and hold his hand..????
stayed at Viking hotel... some of the most comfortable beds in pattaya.... up near pattaya south rd
also corner lodge... bit of a walk... awesome management. beds a bit hard... both places have pools..
just some more options..

OP is taking a newbie for the first time and 4 nights only. It should be some place central and nice (by Western standards). I am sure he doesn’t want to hear the whining.

Another option is Centra... part of Centara. Pool with water slides. Really new.

petehoax

+1 to 247 Boutique boutique hotel on soi honey. rooms are small, but i like them. pool is nice. 
for most february dates it's 1090 thb++ if you book directly on their website. for that price, it's exceptional value imho. 
(on other dates it runs closer to 1600/1700 and then i would probably pick something else to be honest). 

yobbo
On 29/01/2019 at 11:29, petehoax said:

+1 to 247 Boutique boutique hotel on soi honey. rooms are small, but i like them. pool is nice. 
for most february dates it's 1090 thb++ if you book directly on their website. for that price, it's exceptional value imho. 
(on other dates it runs closer to 1600/1700 and then i would probably pick something else to be honest). 

Ouch, yeah I just had a look and starting rates are 2000 a night.

It turns out he has looked on Google, and thinks Areca lodge looks good. LOL.

yobbo
On 26/01/2019 at 19:59, gmingot said:

Actually it looks like you win. Room for only around 800-900 a night. It looks like a good location. I will get a room with a balcony.

I might try staying here for the whole trip, and not moving to Canterbury Tales once he leaves. I'll see how I go.

hioctane
Ouch, yeah I just had a look and starting rates are 2000 a night.
It turns out he has looked on Google, and thinks Areca lodge looks good. LOL.

What dates are you looking at? I see rates at 1100-1600 as well.

yobbo
4 minutes ago, hioctane said:

What dates are you looking at? I see rates at 1100-1600 as well.

May 21 - May 25. That's when he is staying.

I'm doing May 21 - June 6

247 Boutique while I'm sure is a nice hotel. I just don't want to spend that much. I have been past Opey de Place a few times, and it seems to be off the main street a bit, so hopefully a bit quieter.

hioctane
May 21 - May 25. That's when he is staying.

I'm doing May 21 - June 6

247 Boutique Boutique while I'm sure is a nice hotel. I just don't want to spend that much. I have been past Opey de Place a few times, and it seems to be off the main street a bit, so hopefully a bit quieter.

Hmmm.. I have never seen it so high. Probably more busy due to the American holiday weekend.

I have checked out these hotels on Soi Buakhao when I stayed at Chaba Hut and they all looked similar, Thai style but clean. I suggested 4 newbies who came with me one holiday and they were less than impressed. Made us move after the first night. I suggest you let your friend decide so he can’t blame a crappy room on you! At least approve/deny his suggestions to steer him toward one you prefer.

yobbo
3 minutes ago, hioctane said:

Hmmm.. I have never seen it so high. Probably more busy due to the American holiday weekend.

I have checked out these hotels on Soi Buakhao when I stayed at Chaba Hut and they all looked similar, Thai style but clean. I suggested 4 newbies who came with me one holiday and they were less than impressed. Made us move after the first night. I suggest you let your friend decide so he can’t blame a crappy room on you! At least approve/deny his suggestions to steer him toward one you prefer.

I sent him the name Opey de Place Pattaya, he looked it up, he is happy with it. He wants a Deluxe room.

Only question is, do I want to spend the whole two weeks there, or only do 4 nights, then move to Canterbury Tales.

yobbo
On 26/01/2019 at 19:59, gmingot said:

Either way, I'll just blame this guy if Opey de Place sucks. HAHAHAHAH

wildhorse
2 minutes ago, yobbo said:

I sent him the name Opey de Place Pattaya, he looked it up, he is happy with it. He wants a Deluxe room.

Only question is, do I want to spend the whole two weeks there, or only do 4 nights, then move to Canterbury Tales.

Advance book there for only your first few nights. Cheaper to book at hotel is what I was told by staff when I last stayed there.