Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Oukiva

Google Translate : Thank You Google !! :)

Oukiva

At least !!! :)

I am sure that thousands of people will be very happy with this evolution of last Google Translate apps.

It can now read Thai language on Pictures or through Camera:Bravo1:

Many times I had to type on my mobile the text I didn't understood on a board or document, to get G.T. to translate it. 

(A thing that, for most people,not knowing basis of Thai language, was often nearly impossible)

Now we will just have to use the camera of our mobile phone and select the wanted text to get the translation :)

I just tried it on several documents, condo bill, FriendShip ticket,... and it's working rather very well 

A small revolution IMHO :)

Taa_Saparot

I have never understood the criticism that Google Translate gets.

Use it most days, and yes there is a learning curve, but I think its excellent.

Barhop
7 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Now we will just have to use the camera of our mobile phone and select the wanted text to get the translation :)

TG in my home city showed me the photo/translate option around 18 months ago...

Oukiva
2 minutes ago, Barhop said:

It exist for many years for many languages using roman alphabet (English, French, Spanish,...)

and more recently for most important languages (Chinese, Japanese...) 

but it's very recent for Thai Language.

Edit: Apparently Thai available since last 2018 update, with Vietnamese, Hindi and a few other.

Barhop
2 hours ago, Oukiva said:

but it's very recent for Thai Language.

around 18 months ago...

So 18 monthas is very recent???  FMD it was a TG who showed me (TG means Thai Girl)!!!  Do not seek an argument so I will no longer respond...Have fun

Tarl

Sorry not sure how to access it so it can see the pic. Anyone have the link?

Oukiva
3 hours ago, Barhop said:

19 minutes ago, Barhop said:

around 18 months ago...

So 18 monthas is very recent???  FMD it was a TG who showed me (TG means Thai Girl)!!!  Do not seek an argument so I will no longer respond...Have fun

What's your point? Just Google it and you will see that the "Thai Reading" feature is from the update of October 2018  (here or here...) so about 4 months ago, not 18 !

I am pretty sure your TG showed you the Reading for English language. Why would a TG need an app to read Thai ? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I posted that information because I thought it could be useful to some members.

Sad that even is such thread there are people with negative attitude... :sad:

Here is how to use this new feature  (with Thai -> English) :

gt-camera.jpg

stubby

Works very well too thanks for the tip.

mrfreeze

IPhone 7 Plus latest everything and does not appear for me - Thai -> English but does the other way around.

ShaneFalco

So, you guys actually trusts that Google's translations is on point ??

That's definately not my experience at all.

Taa_Saparot
26 minutes ago, ShaneFalco said:

Yes, to a point.

But it would only be for sentences, not paragraphs.

If I use google to translate an english sentence, I then check it, by translating the Thai it has given me back into English, and if it comes back the same, its good. If it comes back different, then I look into why and alter the sentence until it does.

Works for me.

Harry Brown
On 11/02/2019 at 17:11, Barhop said:

around 18 months ago...

On 11/02/2019 at 17:51, Oukiva said:

What's your point? Just Google it and you will see that the "Thai Reading" feature is from the update of October 2018  (here or here...) so about 4 months ago, not 18 !

I am pretty sure your TG showed you the Reading for English language. Why would a TG need an app to read Thai ? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I posted that information because I thought it could be useful to some members.

Sad that even is such thread there are people with negative attitude... :sad:

Here is how to use this new feature  (with Thai -> English) :

gt-camera.jpg

Thais have been using a camera app for a fair few years now ( Not Google though)  to translate  from English to Thai, it was a Thai Girl that put the app on my old phone and taught me how to use it th translate Thai to English , We practiced on a condom packet. 

Harry Brown
46 minutes ago, ShaneFalco said:

16 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Yes, to a point.

But it would only be for sentences, not paragraphs.

If I use google to translate an english sentence, I then check it, by translating the Thai it has given me back into English, and if it comes back the same, its good. If it comes back different, then I look into why and alter the sentence until it does.

Works for me.

Same as Taa Saparot

I have a lot of conversations with the girls using Google. only rarely make a mistake. It will not translate the language used on FB or in  a personal conversation between them selves because of slang and the fact they are using Esarn along with their own dialects for their local area. 

ShaneFalco
11 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

Same as Taa Saparot

I have a lot of conversations with the girls using Google. only rarely make a mistake. It will not translate the language used on FB or in  a personal conversation between them selves because of slang and the fact they are using Earn along with their own dialects for their local area. 

555 Dont even get me started on FB's translations :Crazy1: