Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Haggis McHaggis

Phuket specific Info or forum

Haggis McHaggis
Posted (edited)

Hi All,

I haven't been on here or visited Thailand for about 5 and a half years now and am thinking of heading back over to good ol' Phuket soon for some reminiscent times. Since I've been out of the loop for a while I was seeking some up to date info about the local nightlife scene. I notice that the Phuket Addicts forum is not active and another Phuket forum I used to post in (can't remember the name) had some sort of legal dispute over the website owners a while back and is not active any more. So I was wondering if someone can point me to a good forum specific to Phuket that has is the go-to for good up to date answers by regulars and expats that frequent the lovely locale.

I do realise that many here could probably answer some questions too, I looked but didn't notice a Phuket section on this site.

Thanks

Edited by Haggis McHaggis

Gaztop08

The only one I can think of is the Phuket section of Thai visa. I have used it a few times it has been pretty good but not logged in for few months.

bobSL1

You are right to do your research,  many people I meet from recent Phuket visits have no wish to return and do not speak very highly of the place.

Haggis McHaggis
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bobSL1 said:

You are right to do your research,  many people I meet from recent Phuket visits have no wish to return and do not speak very highly of the place.

Well, I've been there a number of times in the past and I think if people can't enjoy themselves there, that's probably more a reflection on them than the place. It's like reading hotel reviews, some people will find problems with everything, others always see the bright side.

Would you say then, Pattaya is a better experience as a generality?

Edited by Haggis McHaggis

Asiansarefun

Intl Sex Guide probably has a Phuket page though I'm not sure how active.  

jam
9 hours ago, Haggis McHaggis said:

Hi All,

I haven't been on here or visited Thailand for about 5 and a half years now and am thinking of heading back over to good ol' Phuket soon for some reminiscent times. Since I've been out of the loop for a while I was seeking some up to date info about the local nightlife scene. I notice that the Phuket Addicts forum is not active and another Phuket forum I used to post in (can't remember the name) had some sort of legal dispute over the website owners a while back and is not active any more. So I was wondering if someone can point me to a good forum specific to Phuket that has is the go-to for good up to date answers by regulars and expats that frequent the lovely locale.

I do realise that many here could probably answer some questions too, I looked but didn't notice a Phuket section on this site.

Thanks

There was a really good Phuket forum many years ago,( can’t remember the name either ) it was connected to a bar in soi Eric called mai tai bar ,the dispute you mentioned was the guy died an nobody could get the legal rights to the website not even his Thai wife 

he was a Swedish guy I think and a hugely missed forum ,I’d guess around 2006/7 he passed 

plahgat
Just now, jam said:

There was a really good Phuket forum many years ago,( can’t remember the name either ) it was connected to a bar in soi Eric called mai tai bar ,the dispute you mentioned was the guy died an nobody could get the legal rights to the website not even his Thai wife 

he was a Swedish guy I think and a hugely missed forum ,I’d guess around 2006/7 he passed 

Yes he was a fellow Swede name Niklas "Nicke" Kring,

and he died in a motorbike accident on his way back home from the bar in 2013, and left a wife and two young daughters!

I don´t know if there was any legal problems involving Phuket-Info as the Forum was called,

or just no one was really interested or capable of continuing the Forum,

anyway with time it just run out in the sand! :unsure:

After his death and the closure of Mai Tai Bar, Soi Eric wasn´t the same anymore,

and was remodelled and renamed to Soi Freedom end of 2013.

http://phuketwan.com/tourism/phuket-bar-owner-mourned-patong-bike-crash-life-support-turned-17516/

Plahgat

briguy

I found the site Thailand Redcat to be a good source for Phuket info. Just pull down on the various topics on the front page like Travel or Nightlife and choose the Phuket option. While not super up to date, it did give me a good feel for where things were.

Of course, it helps that so much of the Phuket action is centered around Bangla Road, making it extremely easy to explore what's available.

j_d66

i go to Phuket twice a year when I go to Thailand and have a great time there.

Bangla Road is probably busier than Walking Street Pattaya now but it is a little different crowd.  More tourists.  You don't have to stay on Bangla to have fun there are other places to enjoy your time and as you know the beaches are great.

Ignore those who say it is to expensive.  If one knows what they are doing it is no more expensive than Patts 

Mr Wombat
2 minutes ago, j_d66 said:

Ignore those who say it is to expensive.  If one knows what they are doing it is no more expensive than Patts 

Outside of high season I find the hotels in patong cheaper than in pattaya. 

j_d66
2 minutes ago, Mr Wombat said:

Outside of high season I find the hotels in patong cheaper than in pattaya. 

I agree plenty of good places at a value there.  the only real ripoff is the local taxi's

Mr Wombat
2 minutes ago, j_d66 said:

I agree plenty of good places at a value there.  the only real ripoff is the local taxi's

Yeah. I stay in a hotel within walking distance of bangla rd. And also rent a motorbike. During the day explore the island on the bike, then park it up at night and walk into bangla rd and party all night. Never have to give those sleazy tuk tuk drivers any of my money

photofave

Good hotels and restaurants.  I was there for two nights, brought a girl with me from Pattaya. So it was not a real test.  But we did check out a few of the bars/gogos.  my overall impression was that for general holiday, it is cleaner and nicer than pattaya.  But if you are looking for adult action, then Pattaya is an order of magnitude (10x) better.

crazypilot

I considered going there this week. But thought phuket I'll go to Pattaya.

columbus
15 hours ago, plahgat said:

and he died in a motorbike accident on his way back home from the bar in 2013, and left a wife and two young daughters!

I don´t know if there was any legal problems involving Phuket-Info as the Forum was called,

After his death and the closure of Mai Tai Bar, Soi Eric wasn´t the same anymore,

http://phuketwan.com/tourism/phuket-bar-owner-mourned-patong-bike-crash-life-support-turned-17516/

Plahgat

Nicke's site was a great source of info not only on Phuket but for the rest of Thailand. I met him a couple of times around 2010...Not really been anything to replace it since he died.

There was a guy on there called Livinlos whose posts I enjoyed reading and I heard he started a forum somewhere but not sure of the name of it. I think some of the crowd from Phuket-info started Thaidreaming but I think that was Chiang Mai centred.

jam
17 hours ago, plahgat said:

Plahgat

I stand corrected on that bud ,would have laid diamonds it was way before 2013,and they say time flies 

sad story really rip

Mr Wombat
5 hours ago, columbus said:

Nicke's site was a great source of info not only on Phuket but for the rest of Thailand. I met him a couple of times around 2010...Not really been anything to replace it since he died.

There was a guy on there called Livinlos whose posts I enjoyed reading and I heard he started a forum somewhere but not sure of the name of it. I think some of the crowd from Phuket-info started Thaidreaming but I think that was Chiang Mai centred.

http://asia-info.co/forums/forum.php

All the same guys are on this one