Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Sign in to follow this  
windsors420

Visa extension after 1 thirty day extension

windsors420

I arrived in Thailand on a 30-day visa from the United States. I renewed it Jomtien immigration for 30 days.. I had planned on going to Bali with my brother-in-law towards the end of March. However, with the 737disaster my vacation plans have been disrupted. My brother-in-law cannot get a flight. My Visa ends on March 30th. However, I do not want to leave the country. I go back to New York on April 7th. My question is, can I extend my Visa for 8 more days while still in Thailand? Do I have to leave the country? All I need is eight or nine more days.

davidge
7 minutes ago, windsors420 said:

I arrived in Thailand on a 30-day visa from the United States. Visa-waiver not a visa.

I renewed it Jomtien immigration for 30 days.. I had planned on going to Bali with my brother-in-law towards the end of March. However, with the 737disaster my vacation plans have been disrupted. My brother-in-law cannot get a flight. My Visa ends on March 30th. However, I do not want to leave the country. I go back to New York on April 7th. My question is, can I extend my Visa for 8 more days while still in Thailand?NO

Do I have to leave the country? YES

All I need is eight or nine more days.

Goolabert

You can go to immigration and get 7 more days. Not quite enough.

Technically it would be a disapproval of the extension request and you would be given 7 more days to leave the country. Still costs 1900 Baht though.

Better plan is fly to Cambodia for a couple of days and visit Angkor Wat or Phnom Phen. Flights are cheap.

wadman

Or you can do the Cambodia visa land-run by minivan.  Quite a few travel agencies in Pattaya sell seats on these vans.  All up, takes about 9.5 hours.  2000-2500 baht (can't remember exactly).

Taa_Saparot
9 hours ago, windsors420 said:

I arrived in Thailand on a 30-day visa from the United States. I renewed it Jomtien immigration for 30 days.. I had planned on going to Bali with my brother-in-law towards the end of March. However, with the 737disaster my vacation plans have been disrupted. My brother-in-law cannot get a flight. My Visa ends on March 30th. However, I do not want to leave the country. I go back to New York on April 7th. My question is, can I extend my Visa for 8 more days while still in Thailand? Do I have to leave the country? All I need is eight or nine more days.

7 days at Jomtien Immigration for 1900 baht.

or

Visa Run to the border which gives you another 30 days.

Queen Vic on Soi 6 is probably the best option at the moment, which is 2800 baht.

Used 5 Star from The Sportsmans earlier in the year and it was 2700 baht and its definitely NOT 5 Star !!

fforest
5 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

or

Queen Vic on Soi 6 is probably the best option at the moment, which is 2800 baht.

Used 5 Star from The Sportsmans earlier in the year and it was 2700 baht and its definitely NOT 5 Star !!

Boy Visa/border runs use to be 1800 to 1900 when I did them...I use to do loads before 2012.......Now almost 100 dollars...

Taa_Saparot
21 minutes ago, fforest said:

Boy Visa/border runs use to be 1800 to 1900 when I did them...I use to do loads before 2012.......Now almost 100 dollars...

When double/triple entries disappeared so did the need for Visa Runs it would seem.

A lot less minibuses go to the border nowadays, and the price went up..

The Queen Vic. one includes breakfast and a meal when you get back, which sounds a good deal, but the reality is, there is a separate menu for Visa Runners and its shit !

Although, because there is meal to come back to, you are back in Pattaya early . Last time I used them it was around 2pm.

Where 5 Star fanny about and you are lucky to be back by 5pm.

Those are the only two I know of nowadays.

Heard there was one leaving form Thai House on North Road, but every seat is sold on theirs, unlike the two above, where its a max of 7 (6 in back and 1 up front with driver) so not good IMO.

davidge
1 minute ago, Taa_Saparot said:

When double/triple entries disappeared so did the need for Visa Runs it would seem.

A lot less minibuses go to the border nowadays, and the price went up..

The Queen Vic. one includes breakfast and a meal when you get back, which sounds a good deal, but the reality is, there is a separate menu for Visa Runners and its shit !

Although, because there is meal to come back to, you are back in Pattaya early . Last time I used them it was around 2pm.

Heard there was one leaving form Thai House on North Road, but every seat is sold on theirs, unlike the two above, where its a max of 7 (6 in back and 1 up front with driver) so not good IMO.

A friend did the Queen Vic one last summer. As you say, the breakfast & lunch were a joke. He said the journey was fine, though, and they were back early afternoon. His only concern was on the way back they were stopped by BiB who got them off the minivan and took their picture.

Taa_Saparot
1 minute ago, davidge said:

His only concern was on the way back they were stopped by BiB who got them off the minivan and took their picture.

Has happened every time to me, for the last 3 years.

Not the BiB, but the Army.

No idea why, but they want everyone lined up in front of the minibus, with the number plate showing, and a photo taken.

Ru4Real

For that price could be worth hiring a car, driving to border, wander across, wander back into LoS. Safer, more comfortable and more relaxing IMO. 

fforest
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Has happened every time to me, for the last 3 years.

Not the BiB, but the Army.

No idea why, but they want everyone lined up in front of the minibus, with the number plate showing, and a photo taken.

They NEVER use to do the photo shoot before...

Edited by fforest

Taa_Saparot
15 hours ago, fforest said:

They NEVER use to do the photo shoot before...

Not arguing with you, but I can assure you, that it has happened to me every time I have done a visa run in the last 3 years.

You get stopped at a checkpoint about 10 minutes from the border by army personnel.

talung66
On 15/03/2019 at 13:16, Taa_Saparot said:

or

Not including  the seat next to driver the Queen vic is only 6 seats and 5 star  has 7 seats where the back 3 are left for filipinos doing visa runs.

but due to Queen Vic trying to overcharge me for a extension in spite i am reduced to 5 star visa. 

On 15/03/2019 at 19:31, Taa_Saparot said:

Yes those are the only 2 services that are run by themselves and is booked at their office.

The others sell a service based on commissions and can be booked at any travel agent  and fanny about as well  picking up and dropping off  and is a 12 seater van total 11 seats for sale  so can be uncomfortable if full it is pot luck but at least one goes every day And is cheaper includes nothing and may also go to the  further border.

To OP you can also do nothing and pay 8 X 500 baht over stay at airport if you dont want to sit in a van for half a day or do 7 days extension.