Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Mr_wimpy

Exchange rate - change money before you leave

Mr_wimpy

Does anyone know what today's exchange rate is/was in the TT booths or the like?

I normally just change enough for a taxi before I go and then change whatever I take when I am there.

Was in ASDA today and noticed the rate.  It was 39.5 baht to £1

Then my mate mentioned he always uses www.compareholidaymoney.com before he goes on holiday (think it's UK only).

Just had a quick look and it's seems quite competitive (I think).  Best one is 41.28 baht to £1

rates.jpg

hoopbhoy

Not in Pattaya at the moment but interbank rate showing at 42.13 ans TT is usually within 25 satang of that. Probably at least half a baht better than anything on your UK comparison rates.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

jocky king

Better after ... TT usually have better rate than superich. As well as above post . 

68A2841E-C3B9-4D08-90D1-C970963E4D50.png

twinpalms

1st time I went to Thailand I changed £500 at Manchester, Arrived And quickly found out I had lost nearly £80 on rate.  

bluechef
Posted (edited)

Today TT exchange was 41.95 . never change anything back home, change enough for your taxi /first day at bkk it will be lower than patts .but higher then back home,

Edited by bluechef

Mr_wimpy
3 minutes ago, bluechef said:

Today TT exchange was 41.95 . never change anything back home, change enough for your taxi /first day at bkk it will be lower than patts .but higher then back home,

I normally do and still will. I just wasn’t sure what the rate there was today.

bluechef
1 minute ago, Mr_wimpy said:

I normally do and still will. I just wasn’t sure what the rate there was today.

The rate is on the up at the moment , was 41,75 friday, lets hope it continues upwards.

tez4life

Best online rates I've ever found. 

Screenshot_20190316-193900.jpg

talung66
5 hours ago, tez4life said:

Best online rates I've ever found. 

Though i am an aussie i like yo follow up on things money related the fees are high though it look like its a cash delivery transaction image.png.01c8f47cda743bc7f553c26f6a77057d.png

Try looking here for online transaction comparison  it is an aussie site though https://mozo.com.au/international-money-transfer?amount=10000&from_currency=aud&to_currency=thb 

tez4life

It's equivalent of 600 baht delivery fee so not a huge deal really. Im going to draw out at the bank but it pisses me and them off having to check every single note for pen and tears. Takes about 40 minutes. So you can imagine how the customers queuing being me feel when there's only 2 or 3 desks open 555

Darwinmonger

Just google TT money exchange. They have a facebook page and show daily exchange rates. Normally up to date, however they slip up sometimes and go a couple of days without updating. They show all the major playing currencies.

renovator

If arriving before 10pm,go down to level b(basement)and change some money at superrich best at the airport.

Google them,tab near top for airport rate.

Whalley

The good money changers on B-floor are opened as late as 23:30.  Value Plus very close to Super Rich rates.

image.png

everard
22 hours ago, bluechef said:

why change anything in uk? go down to super rich at airport when you arrive and change it there, the differance between buy and see is [as posted] .20 of a baht in uk it,s 10 baht in the post office and other high street money changers.

gitteyman
20 hours ago, tez4life said:

It's equivalent of 600 baht delivery fee so not a huge deal really. Im going to draw out at the bank but it pisses me and them off having to check every single note for pen and tears. Takes about 40 minutes. So you can imagine how the customers queuing being me feel when there's only 2 or 3 desks open 555

Just ask the bank for new notes..never a problem 

Mr_wimpy
3 hours ago, everard said:

why change anything in uk? go down to super rich at airport when you arrive and change it there, the differance between buy and see is [as posted] .20 of a baht in uk it,s 10 baht in the post office and other high street money changers.

I like to have enough for the taxi before I arrive, so I am not messing about when I land and tired.

Scuba+
I like to have enough for the taxi before I arrive, so I am not messing about when I land and tired.
I usually take enough home to cover at least the taxi back to Pattaya on the next trip

Luv2Phuket
2 hours ago, Scuba+ said:
3 hours ago, Mr_wimpy said:

I usually take enough home to cover at least the taxi back to Pattaya on the next trip

Same same me, but different - I usually bring enough for the first day or so. 

Unfortunately, I over-shot the target this past trip and ended up coming home with about 30,000 baht!  5555

Zeb

When going home from Thailand I usually change enough  AUD $ to give me B 10,000 or so to get me up and running on my next trip.

I'd never buy Baht notes in my home country.

If worst comes to worst just buy enough Baht at Bangkok airport to get you to Pattaya then a TT booth on Buakhow from there.

Some people swear by Super Rich currency exchange at Swampy but in my experience TT on Buakhow are pretty close.