Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Sign in to follow this  
supergeil

Talking about sex/intercourse (in Thai)

supergeil

According to a girl I spoke with, the colloquial way to say “have sex” is เอากัน.

This seems to be a euphemism as it literally means “want (to be) together”.

The problem with “sleep together” (which can also be used) is that sometimes there is a distinction, for example if you go to a soapy massage, you may share a bed with the girl, but that may not include full service.

I am told the polite way to ask if there is full service is มีอะไรกันได้ไหม — this confuses me a little because it seems to be a hybrid of “what services are rendered?” (มีอะไรบ้าง) and “is there sex?” (มีเอากันไหม).

Furthermore, the เอากัน confuses me in that it includes เอา meaning “want”, so let’s say I want to tell a girl “I want to have sex” it would be redundant/strange to say เอาเอากัน — I believe it would more likely be either a command like ไปเอากัน (“go have sex”) or a question like ไปเอากันได้ไหม (“can we go have sex?”).

Another question could be “do you want sex?” presumably that would be คนเอากันไหม.

Could someone help me get a better grasp on how to use เอากัน in real sentences or possibly other colloquial terms for the same.

petermik

I think you may have better success especially here in Patts by asking for "boom boom" I know it may not be very a very polite term but it,s one all the girls understand :Agree1:

supergeil
Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, petermik said:

I think you may have better success especially here in Patts by asking for "boom boom" I know it may not be very a very polite term but it,s one all the girls understand :Agree1:

I am asking because I would like to improve my Thai proficiency, not because I have a problem explaining girls in Pattaya that I am interested in sex.

Also, I spend most of my time in Thailand *outside* Pattaya where I am speaking with non-working girls, who I doubt would react positive to being asked for “boom boom”.

Edited by supergeil

slick67

เอา doesn’t mean “to want” here, it means “to take”

That’s why normally you’d only use เอา with objects. If you use it with persons it means having sex (English has that meaning too btw.)

Besides this: to want + verb = อยาก + verb, not เอา + verb.

So “I want to have sex” - อยากมีอะไรกัน (more neutral) or อยากเอากัน (a bit rougher), or any of the other words for having sex. Just like in English, Thai has lots of ways to say this :D

ocka

I agree with @slick67 above.  เอา  (ao)  means to  take,  and กัน (gan) means "each other" or "together",  so "ao gan" translates as "take each other."

มีอะไรกันได้ไหม (mii arai gan dai mai) can split into two parts:   mii arai gan is another way of saying "have sex"  and  "dai mai" is a "can?"  question,  that can be interpreted as "can I", "can we" or "can you" depending on context, so when you are speaking to a lady, มีอะไรกันได้ไหม would probably translate as "can we have sex?"

I am guessing that "mii arai gan" may be some kind of euphemism,  because it literally translates as "have what together",  which only seems to hint at the meaning.

Definitely agree that "ao" means "take" rather than "want", and I would use "yaak" ( อยาก ) to mean "want".

For example  "kun yaak duum gaafay mai?"  =  do you want to drink coffee?

ex-pat

thai.PNG

Ru4Real

Nicely done, even got the good old "Asking for a friend" in 555

ex-pat
Just now, Ru4Real said:

Nicely done, even got the good old "Asking for a friend" in 555

Well, in this case it is true! LOL

slick67
On 01/04/2019 at 13:36, ocka said:

I am guessing that "mii arai gan" may be some kind of euphemism,  because it literally translates as "have what together",  which only seems to hint at the meaning.

As a question word อะไร means “what”, but if it’s not a question then it is used as the indefinite pronoun “something”

So มีอะไรกัน literally translates as “to have something together”, with the “something” being the euphemism for sex.

Compare these two to see the difference:

อยากดื่มอะไร - What do you want to drink?

มีอะไรที่อยากดื่มไหม - Is there something you want to drink?