Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

td5855

So you want to live in Issan

td5855
On 19/04/2019 at 12:31, td5855 said:

I think this should be open for more discussion, along with photos of bras and what is inside them...........

Jolly good idea @udontony

This belongs to a lovely lady, she now works in 'Shooters' Soi 7, still friends still talk, she is wife material, desperate to meet the right guy and get out of town.  She is just too young for, she is now hitting 30 this year.

I do not have photos of this nature, dare say it maybe a selfie for me.  Beautiful shape and texture, lovely

Nokia phone 758.jpg

td5855

To go back to the past, these are some photos from when I worked for the israelis.

On my left is Kumud and her husband Ramesh Bhwagandas, both Hindu, Indians.  An arranged marriage but Kumud had a choice of suitable men from families of her own caste to choose from, her father being a Brigadier obviously helped.  Ramesh whose family were in the shipbuilding business had a number of suitable ladies to choose from.  They both impressed each other and this is where cousins were then asked to check each other out before meeting for a joint family meal and then a courtship.

We kept in contact for a long time, they invited me to there home in Greater Kailash, New Delhi.  Had tried for a baby for years, had a little girl who were named the Hindi word for Joy.  All letters and my address book disappeared, nobody knows, I know it were my ex, she hated me to have life away from her. 

Var.jpg.dd86fe5a240198f828153ab33240b56c.jpg

This guy were amazing, with the US/filipino forces in Vietnam, an unarmed training instructor and an all round nice guy.  I went to see him after his crew came down the gangway with their cargo/machetes out.  A local nigerian taxi driver driver when being paid tried grabbing my roll of money.  So, fisticuffs ensued, his mates all dockers started arriving and made effort to push me in the water.  A few crew members with big knifes swinging soon stopped them.

I asked why his countrymen had helped me, his reply surprised me.  "Many officers never see us crew, you always say hello, good morning and talk to us, you not shout at us or whistle us for attention"

So some good old courtesy and manners saved this writer from the water..............  So much easier being pleasant.  

Bos.jpg.dc4409f82940957cb9dec188c3233575.jpg

These are some more, the guy seen drinking in this photo and the one below, would have suits made to measure in Hong Kong when the tailors came onboard.  But he would order the waistcoats in the Guards button configuration.  He had that accent to get away with it, he admitted that by physical shape he could not pass as a para or marine.

The guy in the yellow T-shirt were not liked by the crew so never got invites to crew parties, he would turn up but, never understood his manners made problems for him.  He is no longer on this planet, his claim that British Rail sacked him for working to hard and showing up the rest.  His name Duncan Clewlett, or "Drunkin Duncan Nae Clue".

The guy furthest right is Canadian, Craig Feeney, claims he is Irish Celt and Viking, seems Olaf the Red Hand, raided Ireland taking an Irish Princess that is his bloodline.  A really cracking guy who travelled.  More of him tomorrow.

vard.thumb.jpg.f180695c308462296bd77bd7296f150f.jpg

vardcan.thumb.jpg.1c5178e8397490c3690d49ebc0141659.jpg

That Ghetto Blaster at the back, left,is now in my home, @udontony you visit, you will see.  The guy with sunglasses on is Ian Smith, more of him tomorrow.  Traveling and meeting folk is brilliant, i enjoyed it.

This is me in Houston, the WWI battleship USS Texas.  Why did we not keep our last battleship HMS Vanguard, all we have is a cruiser HMS Belfast 1730766253_usstex.thumb.jpg.583819cf9ce7be33298c0b5a3d56e6bf.jpg 

Sorry for short post but PA down all day 

Edited by td5855
Info

Laoman

Nice posts and fun to read.

Colin back in Pattaya

Hi TD,

Many thanks for your ongoing story and photos. You wondered why we scrapped and didn't preserve HMS Vanguard. I heard a rumour many years ago that she was not a 'good' ship. One version had that her keel was slightly out of true. That sounds unlikely I know, but anyway I believe she was not not well regarded in the RN.

But who wants a 44,500 ton battleship when we now have two 65,000 ton aircraft carriers?

td5855
1 hour ago, Colin back in Pattaya said:

Hi TD,

Many thanks for your ongoing story and photos. You wondered why we scrapped and didn't preserve HMS Vanguard. I heard a rumour many years ago that she was not a 'good' ship. One version had that her keel was slightly out of true. That sounds unlikely I know, but anyway I believe she was not not well regarded in the RN.

But who wants a 44,500 ton battleship when we now have two 65,000 ton aircraft carriers?

Hello Colin,

If it were true then when steaming ahead they would have had the rudders trimmed slightly to 'port' or 'stbd' to counteract the keel steering.  

Two super carriers.......................  Would have been cheaper and better to have 4 Centaur class (Hermes) carriers, which were the last angled deck carriers, plus ski jump, we still have the drawings and the hull and aircraft are the most expensive pieces. 

These new carriers do not have catapults, so it is the American F35B or Harriers, but, wait.....  We sold all our Harriers, spare airframes and parts to the US Marine Corp, which saved them a fortune in procurement for their AV8B.

But Blair allowed, that the penalties for scrapping the carrier project were more expensive than completing them.

With our troops on the ground lacking helicopters, body armour and blast protected vehicles, "White Elephant" springs to mind.

You know one is being mothballed and only one being used at a time? 

Edited by td5855
Info

td5855

Chap in the middle is Craig Feeney of Canada, when the USA were ramping up the draft for Vietnam he joined the Canadian army hoping like Australia, Philippines, South Korea he would end up there, when it did not happen he went across the border to the US, but, seemingly his family are well known so calls were made and he were rejected.  So off to Europe back-packing, selling watches on beaches in Greece and Turkey ending up on a Kibbutz in Israel.  One day it were his turn to do the perimeter walk around and given a rifle.  During one walk his photograph were taken by the Kibbutz public relations, now the photos were like postcards, so without thinking he posted the card home of him with army boots and gun.  His parents got involved again and he ended on plane out of Israel to Canada.  We kept in touch for years, a large shoebox had my address book of folk from all around the world with letters from many people, girls and guys.  It vanished, at the same time, photos of me with women, even if I had worked with them gone.  Strange women I marriedvardcan.thumb.jpg.920e06f845966b0e74a7ba74522b2ecc.jpg

The lady on the left is Kumud, a 100% female, no attempt to act like a bloke, to us she were a young sister.

Guy behind her is Ian Smith, from Kintore in Scotland, sadly not with us now, served onboard as the Radio Officer.  He were in the RAF in Germany eavesdropping on the Warsaw Pact when JFK were shot, he said the amount of traffic doubled and then  trebled as the Russians thinking they would be blamed increased their readiness. 

While in Lagos we played football with a Swedish ship "Fionia B' who thrashed us, during the game he fell over and broke his left wrist.  Same day a security dog onboard I gave some milk in a bowl too bit me so it were hospital for both of us next day, a tale in its self.

The two guys at the back with beards are from the Republic of Ireland and had many a tale to tell, the ginger beard one hailed from Sligo near where Lord Mountbatten were murdered.  He said everybody knew the IRA were going to kill him, MI6 and the Garda special branch told him, but, he did not believe he, an old man would be a target.  How wrong....The two main players were picked up tried and jailed for the murder.  He also said that the three main players that done the killing of the Paras at Warrenpoint were picked up and this info relayed to London, Dublin wanted someone tried for Bloody Sunday and found guilty before these guys were tried, we all know now that nothing happened, sad.

The other guy with the dark beard said the Provos kidnapped Shergar the race horse for ransom, some were paid then, contrary to stories of Shergar being served up in steak house's in Dublin. He were sold to Chinese interests in Hong Kong.  How the Chinese got him out of Ireland nobody said.  But interesting guys.

Main hospital, Lagos.  Looked like a war zone in 1980 so Ian Smith and I were taken there, just remember the Bush War were going on at this time in Rhodesia, where the leader a guy called Ian Smith were in charge during the "Lancaster House" talks.  Well in the hospital the X-ray machine were broken, no plaster casts only the sticky (One side) 2" wide tape, so that were wrapped around a broken wrists, my shipmate were crying with the pain.

Me, they had no anti-rabies serum, only snake serum, told it is just as good, I refused all offers of injections, "Why" his front white coat were covered in dried blood.  Bodies were laying along the corridor wall.  Outside a Blue Peter donated ambulance were on stones wheels missing, the car park were full of people cooking food for their family inside??  Just like a war zone.

Israelis said we are off to Douala in the Cameroon, we get fixed there.  Taken to a clinic in the Jungle, found it doubled as a ladies salon, the mind boggles.  So I get sorted.  Tetanus in the bottom and one in the stomach, you get a fold of skin and inject the rabies serum into that, while injecting you withdraw so the serum covers an area of the Abdomen, I had another 5 to go of which I did two myself.  Here in Thailand it is three injections on the shoulder 10+ days apart 

Then it were Mr Smiths turn...........................  THe Sikh doctor got out a wallpaper looking pasting table, asked me and the huge bum African nurse to hold it steady as he got on there, a drip placed in his right hand, he said he did not feel good about this.  To cheer him up I asked "If you do not wake up, can I get your music tapes onboard the ship" as his eyeballs rolled up in his head i never caught his reply, he were out.  The doctor started unwrapping the sticky bandage, I noticed that it were also removing every hair on his arm, leaving behind a baby pink looking skin, that will sting when he wakes up I thought??  I am told to help hold him down, so it is right hand and forearm under and around his left shoulder.  My left hand pushing down on his shoulder as the doctor stretches the arm, then the doctor shows me his back, has my shipmate hand in a grip on his shoulder and leans forward, I really believe and still do I seen his forearm stretch.  By now I had a leg wrapped around a table leg to stop us all falling on the floor.  A lot of squeezing with eyes shut the doctor said it is okay, started wrapping plaster of paris around the limb, when done, drip removed, told to hold him down securely, as he came to he rolled to his left and started moaning.  We all got back to the ship, next port were Capetown, on arrival he were sent for an X-ray, shock! Horror! the two bones had not been lined up correctly, wrist broken on the operating table, pinned and stitched back up.  Told he were being sent home on last port SA, Port Elizabeth back to the uk to make sure no lasting damage.

He wanted to stay on until Tapie, Taiwan where earlier he had (He thought he had) got married, Craig Feeney the Celtic/Viking were best man, he found out what really happened and gate crashed the honeymoon suite.

You want to know more, dial in tomorrow.

PS I am the sexy handsome looking in the middle with a goatee

Buckets
On 14/04/2019 at 13:04, td5855 said:

Hello BK,

Will be nice to see you again and have a few cold ones.  I arrive on the 25th and will be going to Anzac bar, hoping to meet UT, @Buckets there.  Take care.

Cheers mate.  Service starts about 6.15 pm. ALL WELCOME......LEST WE FORGET

Colin back in Pattaya
22 hours ago, td5855 said:

Hello Colin,

Two super carriers.......................  Would have been cheaper and better to have 4 Centaur class (Hermes) carriers, which were the last angled deck carriers, plus ski jump, we still have the drawings and the hull and aircraft are the most expensive pieces. 

These new carriers do not have catapults, so it is the American F35B or Harriers, but, wait.....  We sold all our Harriers, spare airframes and parts to the US Marine Corp, which saved them a fortune in procurement for their AV8B.

But Blair allowed, that the penalties for scrapping the carrier project were more expensive than completing them.

With our troops on the ground lacking helicopters, body armour and blast protected vehicles, "White Elephant" springs to mind.

You know one is being mothballed and only one being used at a time? 

Hi TD.

I agree with your comments above. But you have to remember that defence procurement is all about defending the share prices of BAe Systems, Lockheed Martin etc etc. It has comparatively little to do with protecting the country from attack by foreign armies etc. Wot? Me, cynical?:WhoSaw1:

Incidentally, after being retired by the RN, Hermes was sold to India in 1986 and became the INS Viraat. She continued to operate Sea Harriers until May 2016 and was finally retired in July that year before being laid up in Bombay in October.

Edited by Colin back in Pattaya
punctuation SNAFU

td5855
31 minutes ago, Colin back in Pattaya said:

Hi TD.

I agree with your comments above. But you have to remember that defence procurement is all about defending the share prices of BAe Systems, Lockheed Martin etc etc. It has comparatively little to do with protecting the country from attack by foreign armies etc. Wot? Me, cynical?:WhoSaw1:

Incidentally, after being retired by the RN, Hermes was sold to India in 1986 and became the INS Viraat. She continued to operate Sea Harriers until May 2016 and was finally retired in July that year before being laid up in Bombay in October.

HMS Invincible when she were decommissioned and scrap tenders invited, a Chinese business man offered 5 million for her, she were going to be a bar, night club, hotel in Zhu Hai, same as another ship in Shekhou, (worked offshore both).  But since the Chinese had bought a scrap Ukrainian carrier for the same purpose, but, then refitted and re-armed it.  Request from the US that they not get it, MOD sold it to the Turks.

Argentine carrier the 25th of May, were a WWII British (Colossus) carrier, called HMS Venerable, she were finally scrapped in 2000 after 40+ years of service, these big hulled vessels have long lives.

A little info on HMS Hermes...... 

The Royal Yacht Britannia never went down the Falklands, reason given she ran on "Heavy oil", while all the other RN vessels ran on gas oil (Diesel), what were never said, is that the Hermes ran on Heavy Oil.  Now I have sailed on many, many ships that ran on heavy oil at sea, only entering and leaving port do you switch over to diesel, since starting a cold engine on heavy oil is near impossible.  So there is no logistical reason she could not have been sent down there

Britannia could not go down the Falklands as a hospital ship, ship it were built on a lie, when claiming so during the building it's dual use.  They were debating this point on the Jimmy Young show on Radio 2, I called in repeatedly to put this point over, but they only allowed 'Pro replacement' yacht people to speak.

td5855

Ian Smith RIP.

Sitting lower left, he were the radio officer onboard the MV Gold Varda with me and took a request when approaching Kobe in Japan to look out for a British flagged ship (Bibby Line) called MV Derbyshire, we later found that it were lost with all hands 1980.  It still remains to this day the largest British vessel lost at sea with all hands. 

Sister ships of the class suffered failures, Kowloon Bridge broke it's back and sank off Bantry, Ireland.  Another converted to a gas carrier disappeared in the Pacific, some were scrapped after only 12 years, the conservative government blocked enquiries since all ships were built by British Shipbuilder.   I digress.

Everybody talks about guys losing their marbles to Thai women well this guy lost his to a Chinese bar girl in Taipei, her father were sick and needed an op to live, so he gave her a lot of his savings, anyone hear this story before, when he went back Taipei she had, had an op to turn slant eyes into European round. 

Her father had the op, not sick anymore, with money left, she want look beautiful for him. Heard this one before?

He asked her to marry him, she said yes, but, he need do many things, yes all things cost money.  Went back onboard the ship announced plans to marry and told the company he wanted his wife sail with him as officers were allowed to have their (Bona Fide) wife onboard.  The Israeli company did some checks and said 'NO' after visiting Japan, back to Taipei he and the Celtic/Viking (best man)went to a reception in a hotel and went up to the Honeymoon Suite, The Celtic/Viking met a lady but, did not have enough money so so gate crashed the happy couple for a loan of money.  

Shock horror sets in when this lady says your friend not married, he do blessing for family of lady. The Celtic/Viking went back on board, told the skipper who told Ian Smith, you have been scammed, not married.  To prove to himself he went looking for this other lady, found her to be truthful and wanted her.  After leaving Taipei we went back West Africa, South Africa, HK and Taiwan.  But, after his wrist break, flown home from S.A. never to return to the Far East. 

I called him when I went home on leave that November, he were very down already 50, felt like an old fool, searching for him and others on the electoral roll years and years later, he were gone.  Home number in use with another family, he had so much to tell, learnt German from the POW's who worked the fields, later that got him into the RAF, eavesdropping on the East Germans.  Never married, wonder how he would have coped in Thailand 

vardcan.jpg