Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Sign in to follow this  
brian_723

Buying baht before my Holiday

brian_723

I normally exchange when I am on holiday but I am thinking of buying before I go with the brexit uncertainty as I really dont like to less than 40 baht to the pound .The exchange seems a lot more competitive in uk than it use to be .As of today I can get 40.8 from john lewis .Does anyone know the current rate on the street .I know TT usually have the best rates .

gitteyman

In my experience you will get a better rate in Thailand . 

When you arrive  at the airport .Use the exchange booths in the basement .

chelseafan
Posted (edited)

I would expect at least 41 on the street in Thailand based on todays rate of 41.46

The baht hasn't moved much over the past few weeks, generally hanging in the 41-42 zone.

Are JL charging you any fees ?

Edited by chelseafan

brian_723

Thanks am over 10 th  of may so I  might wait as doubt much will happen with brexit for a while .

brian_723
14 minutes ago, chelseafan said:

I would expect at least 41 on the street in Thailand based on todays rate of 41.46

The baht hasn't moved much over the past few weeks, generally hanging in the 41-42 zone.

Are JL charging you any fees ?

No fees and they price match 

gitteyman
Posted (edited)

I may be wrong but to get that rate. you need to change at least £500..So a loss of £10/25.   [just on £500]                                       As to changing in Thailand ..

Edited by gitteyman

chelseafan
6 minutes ago, brian_723 said:

No fees and they price match 

IMHE I've always got a better rate in Thailand. If you are unsure then maybe change over 50% with JL and the other in Thailand, You may get the benefit of a slightly improved rate whilst out there. Obviously that could work the other way too.

If you are changing up £1000 then the difference of 0.2 = 200 baht . Wouldn't worry about it to be honest.

brian_723
1 hour ago, chelseafan said:

IMHE I've always got a better rate in Thailand. If you are unsure then maybe change over 50% with JL and the other in Thailand, You may get the benefit of a slightly improved rate whilst out there. Obviously that could work the other way too.

If you are changing up £1000 then the difference of 0.2 = 200 baht . Wouldn't worry about it to be honest.

Thanks I think you are right I wil change half here and the other half over there  the JL rate is very good at minute. Normally I would  not even think about changing before i go .But these are uncertain times .

1canbrian

its my understanding you get a slightly better rate with £50 notes at TT, which is what im doing this year, every little bit helps......