Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Sign in to follow this  
ctp2018

Google Fi

ctp2018

Does anyone have any positive things to say about a Google Fi, using it in Bangkok or in Pattaya?

I am trying to have a phone that will allow me to get settled as soon as I land in Bangkok, without having to stand in line at a kiosk for the sim.  After that I can buy a local sim card if I need to.  Also, it’s nice to have a back up sometimes. 

petehoax

i assume it works the same as everywhere else. you have free roaming but throttled speed. 
but no, i have no personal experience with it, sorry. 

but: you have wifi in the BKK airport as soon as you land and you can either pick up your sim card while you wait for the lugagge or otherwise directly on the arrival level. it never took me more than 5 minutes (and normally only half that) to buy a new sim card and put it in my phone (and that includes the time to wait until a sales girl is available). and i don't really see the need for a backup connection unless you have super time sensitive work stuff. but it's so easy  quick to buy a new sim in thailand, there's really no need for it imho.

so i don't think it's worth it to switch to Fi only for this reason... (if you're a Fi customer anyway, sure, it's nice to have).