Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Sign in to follow this  
jocky king

10 GB or 40 GB on new cell phone/Mobile phone

jocky king
Posted (edited)

Not a mobile expert , I’m looking for an advice of which plan I should be using .  I’m buying a new iPhone XR .

(A) Buy from Apple online for €879 , choose any network on my choice .

or

(B)  eir mobile essential 40 GB'', where you will get Unlimited Calls + Unlimited texts. 40 GB data. Free eirsports. Contract 24 months. €249 & €54.99 a month 

or 

(C)  Eir mobile essential 10 GB'', where you will get 200 minutes + Unlimited Text and Free eirsports. Contract 24 months. €349 & €39.99 a month 

I don’t use mobile data anymore home as I have WiFi .. Is 10GB plenty ?  I used to have 5 GB , ok for me ever since . But with free eir sports , might be eating a lot of data ???  Which one do you think best ?? I don’t make calls much , use texts more . Thank you . 

Edited by jocky king

davidge

Sounds like your usage is similar to me JK. When I look at the monthly plans they offer loads of calls - I make hardly any - loads of texts - I use iMessage & Whats App - which are of no use for me. You’re probably out and about more than me so may use more data but I don’t use much. There’s Wifi in lots of places which I make sure I use, so it’s often just at football or cricket that I use much data.

I bought an iPhone XR outright from Apple with AppleCare cover for 2 years. I’m on Plusnet Mobile where I pay £5 a month and I never use more data than the allowance. I get 2gb data and unlimited calls & texts.

I’m glad I took out AppleCare as the phone fell out of my pocket getting out of the car and the rear camera smashed. They sent me a replacement phone within a couple of days.

jocky king
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, davidge said:

Sounds like your usage is similar to me JK. When I look at the monthly plans they offer loads of calls - I make hardly any - loads of texts - I use iMessage & Whats App - which are of no use for me. You’re probably out and about more than me so may use more data but I don’t use much. There’s Wifi in lots of places which I make sure I use, so it’s often just at football or cricket that I use much data.

I bought an iPhone XR outright from Apple with AppleCare cover for 2 years. I’m on Plusnet Mobile where I pay £5 a month and I never use more data than the allowance. I get 2gb data and unlimited calls & texts.

I’m glad I took out AppleCare as the phone fell out of my pocket getting out of the car and the rear camera smashed. They sent me a replacement phone within a couple of days.

Very good advice thanks , I don’t go out much like you ,  probably I use  for workplace 21 hours a week  . AppleCare cost €169 , might be a good idea cos I’m terrible of dropping the phones , daily perhaps . Was always using a Samsung phone , using a €20 a month Vodafone  and always had enough off it , data , texts ( rarely make calls) . I might have to buy a protection on XR to avoid the breakage on screens , €39-€49 . Reason why I want to buy Apple phone only is because it is compatible to my new cochlear processor N7 ... I can walk around or travel with music on . Will that eat data a lot ?

Edited by jocky king

davidge
5 minutes ago, jocky king said:

Very good advice thanks , I don’t go out much like you ,  probably I use  for workplace 21 hours a week  . AppleCare cost €169 , might be a good idea cos I’m terrible of dropping the phones , daily perhaps . Was always using a Samsung phone , using a €20 a month Vodafone  and always had enough off it , data , texts ( rarely make calls) . I might have to buy a protection on XR to avoid the breakage on screens , €39-€49 . Reason why I want to buy Apple phone only is because it is compatible to my new cochlear processor N7 ... I can walk around or travel with music on . 

I resisted smartphones for a long time but when I finally succumbed it made sense to get Apple as family in Australia and most friends in other countries were using them. iMessage & Facetime are very useful.

I’ve found AppleCare to be very useful. No hassle repair/replacement. I just go to online chat and they’ll either arrange appointment at nearest store or offer replacement by post. An extra £149 but worth it I think. Also means you can get online or phone support with any technical stuff. There’s a limit on the number of replacements for ‘accidental’ damage so don’t drop your phone too often :rolleyes:

I used to have a genuine PAYG SIM but the company stopped the product. £20 would last me all year. Always use free WiFi in shops, hospitals etc so really don’t use much data. Not into loads of streaming all the time when out and about like a lot of the youngsters.

I guess the advantage of taking out a contract is that they’ll probably offer you a free or cheap upgrade after a period of time. Realistic lifespan of an iPhone is probably 4 or 5 years before new software and features make the old one pretty much obsolete.