Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

jocky king

British man jumps to his death at Central Festival mall in Pattaya

jocky king
Posted (edited)

The girl who worked at Central festival just told me ( on WhatApp ) that there was a farang jumps from 6 th floor inside the shopping mall at Central festival. RIP . Horrifying for the shoppers who witnessed the incident. 

Edited by jocky king

Ludhamlad

Sad yes the same thing happened in Terminal 21 Bangkok a few months ago.

vimto66

Often looked down from the top floor and thought `wow thats a long way down` sounds like someones thought the same and took it a step further.

1890534751_IMG_0505(1).thumb.JPG.26a576191d20c91cdcc89d72ede99972.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

jocky king

Should’ve put a safety net on the first floor before the ground floor  ??? Will stop others from jumping in the future . ?

keepitfun

Very sad.   Also awful for the shoppers.

jocky king

Mods .... Remove this photo if it is offensive .. apology if it is . 

D42F2746-F807-423B-8613-F3B7AD48AD21.png

Syco
Posted (edited)

Another falang did the same thing there not long ago  , feel sorry for the guy's mental state that drove him to do such a thing . But also feel for the many shoppers , probably including children that had to witness this.

Edited by Syco

bangna

I was looking down from FL 6 about 2 hours ago, thinking that would hurt if you fell.

Magnum PI

RIP to the poor man,
I really can't imagine the circumstances that would push you to do this, I had a very big low and almost financial ruin when my first marriage went belly up, but thanks to some very good friends and lots of hard work, I am now right back on top.
No matter how dark and hard things look, You can get through it!

Steph34

Have not much sympathy for people who do such public suicide. Just imagine someone walking there and get hit ...I'm also sure this must have been aweful for everyone around. 

fforest

British man jumps to his death at Central Festival mall in Pattaya

60340210_10158444180353012_1928683411052953600_n.jpg

A British man leapt to his death at the Central Festival shopping mall in Pattaya on Thursday.

Police and rescue workers attended the scene at approximately 4.30pm after receiving a report that a foreign man had died.

The victim, who has not yet been named, was pronounced dead at the scene.

vimto66

Theres already a thread in the `by the fireside` section fforest.

fforest

ok

vermut12

It’s not the first time. I remember reading news about at least two other instances when farangs committed suicide by jumping from the 6th floor of the Central Festival. I guess it has become a popular spot for those who rent on lower floors.

golden_boy

R.I.P to whoever it was.

nzwolfgang
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jocky king said:

Should’ve put a safety net on the first floor before the ground floor  ??? Will stop others from jumping in the future . ?

So they’ll go out the Beach Road outside area and go over the balcony. If someone wants to jump all the nets in the world isn’t going to stop them. 

Edited by nzwolfgang

jocky king
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, nzwolfgang said:

So they’ll go out the Beach Road outside area and go over the balcony. If someone wants to jump all the nets in the world isn’t going to stop them. 

I’m talking about the shopping mall where all the shoppers with kids goes  , they don’t need to see the suicide jumpers . They should go elsewhere privately where there’s no kids around ..  

Edited by jocky king

pax36
1 hour ago, Coolv85 said:

But who in their right mind buys a plane ticket to fly 6+ hours just to go jump off a balcony in a mall? Humans baffle me all the time

"right mind"?....maybe they were alright when boarding the plane but got f-up in Pattaya

rob63
6 hours ago, bangna said:

I was looking down from FL 6 about 2 hours ago, thinking that would hurt if you fell.

Thank you for bringing levity to such a depressing thread.

Ranovertheborder
1 hour ago, Coolv85 said:

But who in their right mind buys a plane ticket to fly 6+ hours just to go jump off a balcony in a mall? Humans baffle me all the time

How about Depressed guy is running out of money and knows things are getting seriously out of hand, takes what he has left and heads to pattaya for a last blast with what he has left, can't go back home now as skint so decides to kill himself....... Many many reasons for suicide, depression is a serious issue especially with older males. (don't listen to women who say they are depressed it's just their fucked up hormones) 

Coolv85
8 minutes ago, pax36 said:

"right mind"?....maybe they were alright when boarding the plane but got f-up in Pattaya

I'm sorry but I grew up around extreme poverty where kids were born blind, and even when I'm in pattaya I always try to give the beggars just because. Of course we never know one person's problem but the logic behind this makes no sense whatsoever. We all have problems and we deal with them different but public suicide is just dumb and selfish.

Danolo

Suicide is an intensely private act.... jumping to his death in public is inconsiderate. But I guess if someone is that fucked up, then consideration for others is pretty low on his priority list.

raviinc

Sad, I suspect that he was fleeced of by some girl. Nothing surprising, we all live in a world of illusion in Pattaya divorced from reality and when the reality dawns, in many cases its to late with the only option of finally saying good bye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petesie

Depressed acts of self harm are usually private, this seems an act of despair.

Far easier just to take the red pill.

eXplosief

I know that most already made up their mind about this being a suicide. But on the line group chat someone had information that it might have been accidental.