Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

bacwan

Casual Observations from the ground

bacwan

I don't post much when I'm not actually here in Pattaya,but I read PA every day. Often when I read posts here and on Thai Visa, it would seem that Pattaya as a mongering destination is on its last legs.

I arrived here a couple of days ago from Phuket, which contrary to many posts I've read is pretty a pretty good place to monger except there Isn't a decent gogo bar on the Island.

The Beach Road walkway and newly expanded beach are better than ever before.

There is still plenty of suitable talent almost every where I've looked (and I'm very particular on what is suitable for me). Sometimes it takes a fresh pair of eyes to see what is right in front of you. It also helps to be flexible in your plan of attack. I have friends who always who are set in their ways and never vary in their approach that they have been using for many years.( Einstein's definition of insanity). Pattaya has changed a lot in the 17 years I've been coming here.If you are unable to adapt,you will be left behind.

Sure, it costs more now. But what doesn't? Except the baht bus which is the last good deal left.

I've mongered in every country in SEA, and there is no better place to do it then Pattaya. Like we used to say, just add baht. It will still happen.

talung66
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, bacwan said:

Except the baht bus which is the last good deal left.

Not if you carrying AUD i dont  pay 50 cent when i can walk X 2 with a TGF

All day travel is $2.70 any where as much as you like  in the whole of sydney on sundays. 

Edited by talung66

dean2926
2 hours ago, talung66 said:

Not if you carrying AUD i dont  pay 50 cent when i can walk X 2 with a TGF

All day travel is $2.70 any where as much as you like  in the whole of sydney on sundays. 

Seriously, you'd rather be in Sydney and save a few cents?

If you're really worrying about paying 10 baht for a baht bus ride then the question has to be asked "how do you afford a reasonable looking lady and enjoy your holiday"?

rupdawg

Pattaya is still great for mongering, possibly better than it has ever been with so many choices but the Major problem for me and a lot of people is MONEY, I have never been here at a time that’s more expensive than it has been now and sadly it looks like that will continue.

MaiMeSatang
22 minutes ago, rupdawg said:

Pattaya is still great for mongering, possibly better than it has ever been with so many choices but the Major problem for me and a lot of people is MONEY, I have never been here at a time that’s more expensive than it has been now and sadly it looks like that will continue.

You mean prices or exchange rates? 

I'm British so I totally agree with you on exchange rates, I don't know your nationality or how your currency is doing, the pound is.. it's not so good.

Prices are generally pretty good though aren't they? Food and girls and drink are pretty reasonable most places compared to other options.  A few girls and a few bars are definitely charging more than I think they should be getting away with, but overall pattaya/bangkok are still as good value as ever. 

talung66
8 hours ago, dean2926 said:

Seriously, you'd rather be in Sydney and save a few cents? You can interpret it how you like then 

If you're really worrying about paying 10 baht for a baht bus ride then the question has to be asked "how do you afford a reasonable looking lady and enjoy your holiday"?

10 baht 2 to 3 times a day x 7 x 26 =5460 baht yes i worry about 10 baht.

i bring 10K + every year and it is now 210 000 baht from 260 000 only 3 years ago down 15k per year so why wouldn't i save 10 baht with the figures above.

i live there 6 months of the year i dont see the point of taking a baht bus anywhere staying in Soi 15 i walk from there to naklua and jomtiem for enjoyment and showing  there isn't much left  on the value side.

chilli

Been coming to Pattaya since 2001. More than 30 times and still enjoy every trip. 

Usually get the GFE so that hasn't changed. 2016 met a beerbar lady who is the best ever. Been with her 4 times since and plan to see her again in August.

Financially I'm comfortable but still want value for money. That is why don't bf from gogos now. Last time from a gogo ( CEB) was 2016 and wasn't worth it.

The full takeaway price from gogos compared to beerbars has gone from a few hundred baht to ( in many places ) a few thousand baht. That is one of the major changes and quite ridiculous when I see some of the unappealing ladies in gogos who expect this payment for service.

Airfares are much lower than 10-15 years ago and in baht terms, my average daily spend ( everything)  is about same as it was 10 + years ago. Mainly because don't spend much time in gogos and don't stay out as long as years ago.

I have adapted to the Pattaya changes. Just came natural. 

Pattaya, still love it.

talung66
58 minutes ago, chilli said:

Been coming to Pattaya since 2001. More than 30 times and still enjoy every trip. 

I have Been since 2000 easily and spent over 1500 days in pattaya in that time frame.

and too enjoy every trip but less and lees and have adapted 

I am quoting some sentences in particular in my point of view. 

58 minutes ago, chilli said:

Usually get the GFE so that hasn't changed

This has changed dramatically how can you see this fact it's now out the door ASAP. with a tap wake up i go now. ( though i dont even bar fine in a beer bar anymore either)

Don't you remember the days looking after you and in the morning waiting for you to get ready for the next day and having to go for a meal with the GFE  then polity saying see you next time as you put her on a moto taxi.

59 minutes ago, chilli said:

Financially I'm comfortable but still want value for money. That is why don't bf from gogos now. Last time from a gogo ( CEB) was 2016 and wasn't worth it.

Same since 2010 maybe i am now a X bamboo bar now  red car/ Insomnia freelancer pick up. CEB still fav bar though went down hill in oct and nov last year.