Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Exiled

Dogs and STD?

Exiled

My Thai neighbor dog is around 10 years old he pretty much spends more time at our place (storefront) than the Thai owner house. Like most dogs, he comes and goes as he pleases.

There are two females dogs these two through the years might have contributed to the growth of at least a few dozens who roam our village whenever they are in heat every male seem to line up including my neighbors.  About a year ago I noticed one of the females' genital area was red bleeding and she was licking herself about a week later it was dead.  A months later I came out of the house and noticed my neighbors dog laying there licking himself in the penis area I also noticed blood all over the Soi when the dog got up there was a pool of blood as he walks his penis was dripping blood everywhere.

We don't speak to our Thai neighbor for good reason but I peeked over our share retaining wall and noticed dry blood everywhere in his driveway. My Thai wife felt sorry for him so she went and got some penicillin pills for him and after a day it seem to slow down the bleeding so she continued until the pills were finished. The pills seem to have done the trick for the last six months but I still noticed his penis were full of bumps that prevented the penis from retracting it was if the penis was hard all the time.

Then all of a sudden it started up again bleeding everywhere the amount of blood being lost I would think he would just drop dead but he doesn't seem to be in any distress?  Doesn't seem to be having problems going to the bathroom so once again the wife started up on the penicillin but this time it had little effect. So after two days, I thought I'll get some Ciprofloxaein and Doxycycline and give it a try and feed it to him. The next morning I noticed it had cut down the flow of bleeding so we continued and this morning it seem to have stopped completely?

Regardless, I wonder what the dog has? Sorry if this makes you choke on your beer?:YeahThat1:

PICT0462 (1).JPG

Harry Brown

I'm not sure but I think only a vet would know how to fix him up?

RRosenberg
2 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

I'm not sure but I think only a vet would know how to fix him up?

I’m not a vet but I’d say that’s long past the “fixing” stage. 

MaiMeSatang
15 minutes ago, RRosenberg said:

I’m not a vet but I’d say that’s long past the “fixing” stage. 

Dunno about that.  Fix up real good with some chillies and fish sauce I'd have thought.

bfinkay

Bloody terrible seeing another animals dong in that state

jayjo

Thank god i finished my meal already.

ex-pat

Could well be cancer. Cancer of the penis is not uncommon in dogs. My neighbour's dog had it about a month ago. It was noticed because he started dripping blood. Cleared up with chemotherapy but this guy is too far gone, of course. I know that diagnosis doesn't fit with the temporary improvement with antibiotics but there could be several things going on, cancer being one of them.

Lok Jit

Get this boy to a doctor if you can..Sad the Thai owner don't do this..

ex-pat

Nature can be very cruel.

Sometimes a Thai owner of female dogs in particular would like to get them spayed but it is expensive, and if they are not able to keep the dog indoors for 4-7 days then it has to stay with the vet adding more expense. If anyone wants to do a good deed and is on speaking terms with the owner you might bring up the subject of having females or even males neutered and offer to pay for it. Typically somewhere around 3,000-4,000 including boarding. No need to get into a lot of high-end and probably unnecessary test and treatment. No need to pay more than that. Lots of vets will pick up the dog by appointment as well.

I've done it several times. They owners or "hosts" (a lot of these dogs are not really owned - they just kind of move in) were appreciative. It worked out well all around.

Machinations

It looks like a bad case of Canine transmissible venereal tumour. Unfortunately it's cancer and it only gets better with chemotherapy.

And on a side note, dogs' penises are always hard because they have a bone in it :GrinNod1:

Source: https://www.tcg.vet.cam.ac.uk/about/ctvt

XOL123

I wouldn't give any meds to this dog specially if you are not on speaking terms with the owner, he could blame you if the dog dies, unless you are vet keep away from this dog IMHO

bukone

Going by them lumps I’d say it’s some form of tumours, that’s not what a penis is supposed to look like, poor fella 

And no I don’t go around looking at dogs cocks, but have two male dogs and that doesn’t look normal at all

11 hours ago, ex-pat said:

Nature can be very cruel.

Sometimes a Thai owner of female dogs in particular would like to get them spayed but it is expensive, and if they are not able to keep the dog indoors for 4-7 days then it has to stay with the vet adding more expense. If anyone wants to do a good deed and is on speaking terms with the owner you might bring up the subject of having females or even males neutered and offer to pay for it. Typically somewhere around 3,000-4,000 including boarding. No need to get into a lot of high-end and probably unnecessary test and treatment. No need to pay more than that. Lots of vets will pick up the dog by appointment as well.

I've done it several times. They owners or "hosts" (a lot of these dogs are not really owned - they just kind of move in) were appreciative. It worked out well all around.

Not sure about Pattaya but in the wife’s village sometimes a vet comes in and spays or neuter dogs for free, think it’s a government paid program 

dh842

Take him to the vet!

karandy

i have a dog here in issan and he has been to the vets on numerous occasions for something similar but no where  near as advanced as that .it is  a form of cancer and many many dogs get this  affliction ,the vet says its from shagging too much ,and top dogs are more prone to get it .

it is treated by 5 chemotherapy sessions in a row ---a week apart . the first 2 take about  an hour to drip in introvenously ,subsequent  drips are far quicker 10-12mins each 

cost for each session in my vets 700 baht ,the cost is determined by how much dose is required which is calculated by weight of the dog ---mine is 18.5kilos

Pabloypablo

If that were a possible human STD, then every man in the world would wrap it up.....  Always....

Funny how AIDS isn't frighting enough, because death is so far away....  But to have your dick develop tumors that won't go away and remind you twice a day when you go for a piss???  With blood coming out?

Yeah, that would radically change some behaviours.

And virgins would be a must for marriage....

Scuba+

There's a dog i see on my cycle on the darkside which has some facial disease going on, looks more like a donkey every day. As it's a soi dog no one seems to be taking it to a vet so probably having a slow painful death

Exiled

Thanks for all the replies,  as I noted I haven't spoken to the Thai neighbor for close to 10 years for good reason he is everything that is wrong with Thailand and it's the culture in general. 

Sometimes I think he lets it go if the dog had a choice and can speak I think he would choose to live with us than him. We use to have dogs currently we have 3 cats and the cats seem to love the dog during the day they play even sleep together.  My wife feels he is the reason if we ever got a dog again it will be a small one because this dog is huge I would guess somewhere 65-70 Kilos. She feels the size makes her feel it is human there was a time it was ill and it moan all night like one even today it haunts her. 

I would say it has been close to a year that he has had this condition but aside from the blood dripping doesn't seem to be in distress majority of the time all he does is lay around and sleep he doesn't socialize with the other dogs rather with my cats.  So if it is cancer it is sure taking its time?  I'm thinking of taking the picture and slowing it to a vet to see what is up?  Today I notice the swelling isn't as bad and bleeding has stopped but there are still bumps all over.

Dalef65

Good idea to take a picture and show it to the vet, and see what he thinks. I hope it works out well.

Exiled
20 hours ago, XOL123 said:

I wouldn't give any meds to this dog specially if you are not on speaking terms with the owner, he could blame you if the dog dies, unless you are vet keep away from this dog IMHO

Thanks we don't speak for a reason if he did he would most likely pee in his pants?

bukone
19 hours ago, karandy said:

i have a dog here in issan and he has been to the vets on numerous occasions for something similar but no where  near as advanced as that .it is  a form of cancer and many many dogs get this  affliction ,the vet says its from shagging too much ,and top dogs are more prone to get it .

it is treated by 5 chemotherapy sessions in a row ---a week apart . the first 2 take about  an hour to drip in introvenously ,subsequent  drips are far quicker 10-12mins each 

cost for each session in my vets 700 baht ,the cost is determined by how much dose is required which is calculated by weight of the dog ---mine is 18.5kilos

So your saying your dog is the stud of the village m8 555

hope your best friend is doing well now.

karandy
4 hours ago, bukone said:

So your saying your dog is the stud of the village m8 555

hope your best friend is doing well now.

yes he is top dog for sure ---he has many battle scars earning that accolade .

im really jealous of him ,i have never been top of anything .

karandy
16 hours ago, Dalef65 said:

Good idea to take a picture and show it to the vet, and see what he thinks. I hope it works out well.

unfortunately no point in doing that if it isnt your dog and are not prepared or able  to treat him.

just a waste of time ,

Exiled
10 hours ago, karandy said:

unfortunately no point in doing that if it isnt your dog and are not prepared or able  to treat him.

just a waste of time ,

There is really no harm in asking as I noted curious to know what he has and if it is cancer how long does he have? That doesn't cost a baht plus it isn't like it is going to cut into my extra activities during the day.:09:

per anum

As a Buddhist, I find it unbelievable that a Thai who would most probably also call him/her self a Buddhist would treat their pet to such cruelty. I have pets and I look after them like children, after all, that is our responsibility......this picture is downright criminal.

Seems things have progressed too far, might be the most humane thing to take this poor fellow behind the barn!