Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

masterslayer169

SIM Card with unlimited internet?

masterslayer169

Hey guys, I use way too much internet and I'm looking to get some sort of an unlimited plan for my upcoming 12-day trip. According to information on this forum, I've seen a couple of options: 

1. Get an AIS SIM and load it with a package that costs 550B for 30 days. 
  2. DTAC is also advertising a SIM Card with unlimited 15 days internet for 600B 

Has anyone tried these, and are they truly unlimited or do they have any hidden limits under fine-print? Also, is it possible to get these with the plan at Suvarnabhoomi airport?

taylor1975

They are not unlimited. You will get about 9gb for that price, then speed becomes unusable.

dirkdeee

I used the AIS plan this Feb when it was unlimited.  It was 350 baht at 1mbps for 30 days.  The 1 mbps was more than enough for social media, browsing etc.  It looks like they cap it now though.  If you're using it to download or watch videos then you'll have a problem with the new AIS capped plans.  Also in your case you would probably just buy two 7 day plans to cover your 12 days.

http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/addon/en/nonstop.html

I don't queue at the airport as I want to get into Pattaya quickly, unpack and decompress.  Then I go to Central Festival AIS shop to buy a sim for 50 baht and ask them to load in the plan I want.  I leave some extra baht on the plan in case someone calls me or enough to top up the plan in 7 days time.

cockney_fozz

I have found that there ample WiFi in Pattaya, never missed not having a sim

themelonman
Posted (edited)

I’ve been on  dtac “net no limit” 30 days for 300b renewing for 15 months now, and never had a complaint. 1mbs sounds low end, but has been reliable for me. Never run out, never throttled noticeably. It’s as unlimited as I’ve ever wanted  

And im a somewhat heavy net user, but patient if google maps takes a while to load when I’m i. The mountains. Of course I don’t do anything stupid like YouTube marathons on my phone, but I do frequently tether my laptop (no degradation noticed)

Ive been able to video call internationally from the beach smoothly, and that’s as far as I choose to push it. 

Edited by themelonman

LeoTex
Posted (edited)

I have had the same ASI 12 call sim card for the past 10 plus years.

When I land at BKK and if there isn't a line I stop at there booth and get the data load that was mentioned for 350 or stop at TukCom and have it done.

I'm on ground 16 days each trip its more than enough for me.

When at the hotel room or out by the pool I use the hotel wifi.

Just like cockney_fozz  said, there so many place out and about that have wifi, bars and even some of the legit massage shops.

LeoTex

Edited by LeoTex

dade7812

So no need to get a portable Wifi?

talung66
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, masterslayer169 said:

Hey guys, I use way too much internet and I'm looking to get some sort of an unlimited plan for my upcoming 12-day trip. According to information on this forum, I've seen a couple of options: 

1. Get an AIS SIM and load it with a package that costs 550B for 30 days. 
  2. DTAC is also advertising a SIM Card with unlimited 15 days internet for 600B 

Has anyone tried these, and are they truly unlimited or do they have any hidden limits under fine-print? Also, is it possible to get these with the plan at Suvarnabhoomi airport?

5 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

They are not unlimited. You will get about 9gb for that price, then speed becomes unusable. 11 GB for a extra 100 baht then.

image.png.78920310c595b6cdebdac803c1f3e8df.png

yes as above says but there are better out there.https://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/addon/en/internet4g_continued.html

You need to read there websites in detail as AIS.

all you need to do is add enough baht to sim and call number allocated to plan.

image.png.3cc0e335746b450fabda2642596c9315.png

Edited by talung66

gander

DTAC Net No Limit 199 baht for 7days works really good. Its unlimited 10Mbps speed which is good for netflix or other streaming. I used this for some time before getting fiber. No speed restrictions whatsoever.

rickyroo
48 minutes ago, gander said:

DTAC Net No Limit 199 baht for 7days works really good. Its unlimited 10Mbps speed which is good for netflix or other streaming. I used this for some time before getting fiber. No speed restrictions whatsoever.

I use this all the time but its 199 plus tax, works out about 220

Mr_wimpy

I might be wrong, but I don’t think any are really unlimited.  They are advertised as being so, but they all have some fair usage limit built in.

i got a unlimited True Sim.  30 days 4 gig speed, hidden limit was 15gb.  Didn’t even come close, think I used 4gig in 3 weeks.

was 700baht from a stall in avenue.

Scuba+

I have the 12 months version of this and it is truly unlimited data. Apparently for new sims there maybe a monthly 24gb limit, I'll check in July when i need to renew.

https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais022a172d74ca9efc06f05f8941eea5a0.jpg

masterslayer169
17 hours ago, gander said:

16 hours ago, rickyroo said:

I use this all the time but its 199 plus tax, works out about 220

Is it this the one you guys mentioned? http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/go-no-limit.html

rickyroo
3 minutes ago, masterslayer169 said:

Is it this the one you guys mentioned? http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/go-no-limit.html

I honestly can't remember. I  went into the dtac shop in central festival and chose it from an A4 paper of offerings. 

Remember to take your original passport, they will not accept laminated copies.

masterslayer169
Just now, rickyroo said:

I honestly can't remember. I  went into the dtac shop in central festival and chose it from an A4 paper of offerings. 

Remember to take your original passport, they will not accept laminated copies.

OK, In that case I'll just get something basic at the airport once I land and pick the DTAC sim from central festival after a couple of days. Thanks. 

Ru4Real

How heavy is heavy? AIS have the triple deal on again, so 15GB for 150 Bhat for 7 days max speed.

LeoTex
1 hour ago, masterslayer169 said:

OK, In that case I'll just get something basic at the airport once I land and pick the DTAC sim from central festival after a couple of days. Thanks. 

If you already have a Thai sim card in your phone, you can just go to that carrier and get your data load.

If DTAC is going to be your choice, you can get it all done at the DTAC booth at the airport with one stop. No need to get something basic and then start over or add to it somewhere else.

LeoTex

masterslayer169
3 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

If DTAC is going to be your choice, you can get it all done at the DTAC booth at the airport with one stop. No need to get something basic and then start over or add to it somewhere else.

If the airport DTAC store is going to have the same plans, I'll just talk to them and get something good. 

LeoTex
1 minute ago, masterslayer169 said:

If the airport DTAC store is going to have the same plans, I'll just talk to them and get something good. 

DTAC is DTAC no matter the location.

I use AIS 12 Call, their booth at the airport has the same prices/deals as the phone place in TukCom.

LeoTex

javasumatra
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

If you already have a Thai sim card in your phone, you can just go to that carrier and get your data load.

Exactly. I leave some money on my AIS account when I leave Thailand. I deactivate the package and any "on-top" via the AIS app and the money stays in my account.  The day I am going back to Thailand, I reactivate a package via the app, they money is deducted  and off I go when I arrive in BKK.

Edited by javasumatra

Scuba+
Exactly. I leave some money on my AIS account when I leave Thailand. I deactivate the package and any "on-top" via the AIS app and the money stays in my account.  The day I am going back to Thailand, I reactivate a package via the app, they money is deducted  and off I go when I arrive in BKK.
Be careful it doesn't expire before you use it again. To prevent that top up small amounts using those machines or app and the expiry period moves a month each time, maximum 6 months when i tried

javasumatra
1 hour ago, Scuba+ said:
6 hours ago, javasumatra said:

Be careful it doesn't expire before you use it again. To prevent that top up small amounts using those machines or app and the expiry period moves a month each time, maximum 6 months when i tried

One of the other things I like about the AIS app is that it gives you a balance and expiry date

Screenshot 2019-05-18 at 19.40.04.png