Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Night Wish Group 7th Anniversary Party | Add your Text or Event here

Taa_Saparot

Swimming in the Sea Temporarily Suspended

udontony
5 hours ago, dingbat22 said:

Untreated sewage has been flowing into the sea around Pattaya for as long as Pattaya has existed....

Unfortunately I believe this is exactly right and can see no end to it in the future.

Komando

Here is a photo of the people that failed to install public toilets and outdoor showers along Pattaya Bay when the beach was all torn up with the 'sand replenishment' project.

May 21 Thai's at the beach.jpg

neo1011

Not once have I been in the water at pattaya bay in the past 10 years.. I was warned about it by an expat on my first trip so I have always stuck to his advice.. always book a hotel with a pool if you like swimming, and for a day at the beach koh larn  is cheap as chips to get to.

bozza

I cannot believe the people that go swimming in Pattaya ,I've seen the shit (I mean that literally) pumped into the sea by the side of the Pattaya bear garden when there's been heavy rain .Every Thai girl I've been with wouldnt go any where near it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

striderman
34 minutes ago, bozza said:

I cannot believe the people that go swimming in Pattaya ,I've seen the shit (I mean that literally) pumped into the sea by the side of the Pattaya bear garden when there's been heavy rain .Every Thai girl I've been with wouldnt go any where near it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

i have no access to my photo archives right now and finding the correct one will be a bugger later but i have a pic of a guy sunbathing on his towel directly below thos 4 outlets................clearly on a dry day when out of use.

but even so !

Taa_Saparot

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/swimming-ban-lifted-in-pattaya-city-has-no-long-term-waste-water-solution/

Swimming ban lifted in Pattaya – city has no long-term waste water solution
May 21, 2019 

A ban on swimming in the sea off Thailand’s famous Pattaya resort has been lifted after the condition of the sea water returned to normal with no black and foul-smelling pollutants.

However, people with allergies are warned to not swim in the sea, especially in the Na Chom Thian area where the pollution problem was at its most extreme.

Sattahip district chief officer Mr. Anucha Inthasorn and officials yesterday took samples from the sea at Na Chom Thian beach for laboratory tests as local municipal officials huddled in meetings with agencies concerned to prevent the pollution problem from recurring.

Untreated waste water, from an abandoned treatment facility in the area, leaked into the sea through an open sewer after heavy rain.

Pollution Control Department chief Pralong Damrongthai said the Pattaya City administration is empowered to deal with the effluent management problem.

He said he had sent officials to check treatment facilities at hotels, but urged the city mayor to tend to the problem of waste water discharged into the sea from all business operations in the city as well as from households.

While Pattaya is expanding, the city still lacks a proper central waste water treatment facility to cope with the increasing amount of effluent.

Bernie Num Nums
On 20/05/2019 at 02:32, Barry488 said:

Who the fuck cares for the beach and swimming, we're here for the hoes.

Never a truer word spoken.

Taa_Saparot
6 minutes ago, Bernie Num Nums said:

Never a truer word spoken.

No interest in a thread, so why open it?

deano4598
7 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

No interest in a thread, so why open it?

Agreeing with a post "Who the fuck cares for the beach and swimming, we're here for the hoes." is not an indication of no interest. People are allowed to have negative opinions on a subject and others are free to agree with them. It actually shows that they are interested.

Taa_Saparot
2 minutes ago, deano4598 said:

Agreeing with a post "Who the fuck cares for the beach and swimming, we're here for the hoes." is not an indication of no interest. People are allowed to have negative opinions on a subject and others are free to agree with them. It actually shows that they are interested.

I suppose it all depends on what type of forum you want.

deano4598
2 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

I suppose it all depends on what type of forum you want.

You are right there

silverfox53
58 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/swimming-ban-lifted-in-pattaya-city-has-no-long-term-waste-water-solution/

Swimming ban lifted in Pattaya – city has no long-term waste water solution
May 21, 2019 

Pollution Control Department chief Pralong Damrongthai said the Pattaya City administration is empowered to deal with the effluent management problem.

In which case were doomed I tell ya, doomed.

The same City Admin welcome the future new tourists from Typhoid and Cholera States, with their families.

Taa_Saparot
19 minutes ago, deano4598 said:

You are right there

And post counts rule.

deano4598
29 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

And post counts rule.

Do they?

forcebwithu
1 hour ago, Taa_Saparot said:

If Google translate is anywhere close to accurate, it would appear it's not a case of a malfunctioning, non-existent treatment plant, but inoperative pumping stations.

Mr. Anucha Intarasorn, Sattahip sheriff Said that what has happened is considered to have an impact on tourism, both in Na Jomtien and Pattaya, so it must accelerate the correction The problem was that the municipality had its own drainage system but there was no treatment system.
2. When still unable to drain the water into the treatment system of Pattaya because the pump and pumping stations are still damaged Must urgently fix and wait for the operation to be coordinated with Pattaya City

jayjo

I hope this shoo's all the familys back to where they came from. No Familys = No reason for the Authoritys to change Pattaya.