Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Night Wish Group 7th Anniversary Party | Add your Text or Event here

Danolo

Electricity controlled by room key?

Danolo

I saw a couple of YouTube videos of hotels in Pattaya, and a couple of them showed the user's key card inserted in a slot by the door.

I believe this activates the electricity, right?  Sol, no leaving the AC on for a cool return?  Is this common in many places in Pattaya..

I was looking at the Sutus hotel. That's about my budget... 800 - 1000 baht per night.

Scuba+

Usually you have a fob you put in the electric slot on the wall.I don't know about door cards but it's a non issue really, just put AC on full when back in the room, takes a minute or 2 to cool down

Catfish1950

I was at the Bay Breeze earlier this month and it took about 30 minutes for the room to get cold again.  So I just left the key with the fob in the slot when I left and told the desk I locked my key in the room when I returned.  The third time the doorman had to let me in he took the key of the fob and told me to carry the key in my wallet!  :)

keepitfun

Some hotels just have a slot  that any old bit of cardboard or plastic will activate, others have a smarter slot that needs a magnet or something hidden in the key fob.  Others still have the super smart slot that needs the key card inserted.  Older hotels or ones not refurnished  will have the simpler ones.

nzwolfgang

Just ask for two keys when you check in it’s not a big deal. 

mixedberrys

This happens in most hotels around the world. As above just ask for 2 keys or cards when you check in. 

OoJohnnyoO

I know this doesn't address coming back to a cool room, but, in rooms like these the power outlet that the fridge is connected to is generally the only outlet that receives constant power.

So I put a double adapter on it and run a power strip to charge different things when out of the room. Saw it in a YT video, not sure if it was specific to LOS or not, but has worked a treat ever since.