Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

scnitzer3

Advice on flights and if it's worth it

keverton
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, scnitzer3 said:

Thanks Striderman, I know it's rare but like I said I'm stuck in England over thinking things.

You are overthinking it mate, get out there, you won't regret it you know that, find somewhere for a good xmas dinner (loads of places to choose from) the difference is you will be eating it wearing flip flops, t shirt and shorts, and a couple of cold beers, and a nice thai bird on your arm. Enjoy.

Edited by keverton
To add something

T-T-T
8 hours ago, scnitzer3 said:

Apologies, I'm flying from UK, so Heathrow or Gatwick.

I'm flying out on 20th December and returning 5th January.

I've booked a condo with Dancewatchers in View Talay 6.

probably the most expensive days you can fly .. prices start to drop off after around the 9th jan .. travelling out well you picked the most expensive day of the year I would imagine last day of work before xmas....  try using Goggle flights and you can see cheapest times at mo. no guarantee  prices will drop or go up more.  Prices vary so much ...  last July I got Business class for £1k  this year I cannot even find economy for that .  

fourrings

I'm going for only a week in August, went for a week in April and pay more that you do for a flight.

It's all I can swing at the time so it's either go for a short trip or not go at all. 

I make the most of the week and have a great time. 

Bennieboy1982

I would keep checking, when we bought ours the cheapest was air China but because we had people undecided so we didn’t book it straight away and for a month I was checking the prices. Out of the blue Emirates had the same price as air China but by the time we booked it it was 40£ more but still 380£ For late November and coming back in December is a steal!! 

We got ours trough “cheap flight co uk” 

Good luck 

hioctane
Yeah I'm not totally against the idea of a stop off but would rather  get on one end and off into Thailand the other, the threads I keep reading are all about delays and missing connecting flights etc

That should not be even be a consideration as long as you book on the same itinerary. They are responsible for getting you there... so 99% of the time the connecting flight will be waiting for you... unless it can’t be helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue1878

My local airport is Manchester airport so that means that I have always been in transit somewhere between Manchester and Suvarnabhumi airport. I'm used to it and just treat it has part of my holiday.  I now fly Emirates so on my outward journey I spend 2 hours 50 minutes in Dubai.  In Dubai airport I will always go the bar for a beer and get chatting to other travellers.

scnitzers3 as your only away for 2 weeks I would try and book flight(s) that get me to Suvarnabhumi airport in the morning or early afternoon and not at night.  That way you wont have felt you have wasted the best part of your first two days travelling to Pattaya.