Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

soi 69

Ho Chi Minh first impressions

soi 69

Arrived late last night for my first trip to HCMC..had a few drinks in the bar next door to my hotel and went straight to bed...i will leave the ladies til later tonight..

A few comparisions to LOS, besed on only a few hours...

The air is more managable, much less humidity and easy to walk in the sun without sweating your bollocks off.

The hawkers are relentless, a simple shake of the head means nothing.

Bar staff don't come accross as very friendly (to be fair, i have only visited 5 bars in the tourist area) 

I had 6 drinks and some buffalo wings last night, the bill should have been 350,000 (buy 2, get one free)..i got a bill for 455,000. When i complained they showed me a receipt for two drinks i never ordered...

I was woken at 7.30am with a phone call from reception, asking if my lady had gone yet?....i never had a lady in the first place! Went to reception to make sure they didnt put a joiner fee on my bill.

Music is better here..not the same tunes over and over.

In a nutshell, I like it .. it's different. ... 

biggles
Posted (edited)

We stayed in the Bui Vien area, main tourist hangout. Ut pretty convenient. Close to the big indoor market, huge park close by. Lots of bars, some with very good music and so many food places to choose from. 

If you use taxis, which are pretty good, the meter charge is based on their size, bigger car, more expensive. They have a decal on the side with the prices, if you are going a long way it adds up. 

Edited by biggles
Typo

Mognam

Yeah, I found the hawkers to be really annoying.  Worse than any hawkers I've experienced elsewhere.  With the girls make sure you are very clear about the price.  They will try and squeeze more out of you.  Some of the hostess bars will hassle the fuck out of you for a large tip.  There is a few threads with some good tips for Ho Chi Minh if you haven't read them already.

I think I paid 500,000 dong for a blowjob at one of the Hot Toc's.  1,000,00 for a short time upstairs in a couple of the hostess bars......but with a drink for a girl and me included it was more like another 300,000 added on.  The drinks for the girls are super expensive.  I did go to one without buying any drinks and took a lady that I had the previous night.

Just be weary of the chicks trying to screw more cash out of you.

Best of luck.

bfinkay
Yeah, I found the hawkers to be really annoying.  Worse than any hawkers I've experienced elsewhere.  With the girls make sure you are very clear about the price.  They will try and squeeze more out of you.  Some of the hostess bars will hassle the fuck out of you for a large tip.  There is a few threads with some good tips for Ho Chi Minh if you haven't read them already.
I think I paid 500,000 dong for a blowjob at one of the Hot Toc's.  1,000,00 for a short time upstairs in a couple of the hostess bars......but with a drink for a girl and me included it was more like another 300,000 added on.  The drinks for the girls are super expensive.  I did go to one without buying any drinks and took a lady that I had the previous night.
Best of luck.
What hostess bars mate, the ones on Pasteur or you referring somewhere else?

Mognam
16 minutes ago, bfinkay said:
13 hours ago, Mognam said:
Best of luck.

What hostess bars mate, the ones on Pasteur or you referring somewhere else?

They were in District 1.  The ones I went to were all on one block not far from the Apocalypse nightclub.  I can't remember the name of the streets surrounding the block.  I stayed at the A25 Hotel on Mac Thi Buoi Street in the Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, was only a short walk from there.  I know if I was there I could easily find my way back.

They had girls sitting out the front trying to coax you in.  The better looking chicks were asking for more than 1,000,000 dong short time.  Up to twice that amount.

Crash6969

Soi 69,

Following with enthusiasm.
I have my cherry (side) trip planned for November.

Looking forward to your TR updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bfinkay

They were in District 1.  The ones I went to were all on one block not far from the Apocalypse nightclub.  I can't remember the name of the streets surrounding the block.  I stayed at the A25 Hotel on Mac Thi Buoi Street in the Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, was only a short walk from there.

Thanks dude always on the lookout for new options, had a good goer in a little Tokyo massage joint that I'll be repeating, was surprised she allowed the HJ to get a ST there.

Here's the local area are the streets you are referring to within this area, ask what time of night are they out the front hawking?
4efac4a60d1f113dec9c429d2bfa344d.jpg

Mognam
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bfinkay said:

Thanks dude always on the lookout for new options, had a good goer in a little Tokyo massage joint that I'll be repeating, was surprised she allowed the HJ to get a ST there.

Here's the local area are the streets you are referring to within this area, ask what time of night are they out the front hawking?

they could very well have been on the Dong Du, Hai Ba Trung, Nguyen Sieu and Thi Sach block.  If not they are very close to that area.  You'll know when you see them.  I can't remember what time they started but it wasn't that late.  I walked into Apocalypse Now once while doing the circuit and it was completely dead at that time.  So they are out well before Apocalypse Now picks up.  I'd say that start not long after it gets dark.  Sorry, I should have more attention to the time.

Around the block there was about 5 or 6 different places that had girls.  A couple of the bars weren't on the direct street front.  The girls would be out  front then lead you to the bars that were located more to the inside of the block.

Edited by Mognam