Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

The Pattaya News

City government discusses monorail system to further develop Pattaya as a world class tourist destination

The Pattaya News

Pattaya- On June 11th, 2019, city officials met in the early afternoon at City Hall to discuss plans for a light railway or monorail/tram project for Pattaya. Deputy Mayor Ronnakit Ekkasing stated to the Pattaya news and other gathered press that the current plan is to have a state of the art transportation system in place to […]

The post City government discusses monorail system to further develop Pattaya as a world class tourist destination appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

Hispano

That would be ok, but making Pattaya a "world class tourist destination" sounds bad in the idea of "mass tourist destination"..

jojomecanic

End of mongering, guys...

bangna

I can imagine the discussion. How much money can we make out of a monorail system.

usexpat46

I first heard of this proposal about 10 years ago, becomes more difficult as each year passes as new buildings are developed.  Still waiting on the high speed rail from Bangkok to Pattaya.

speedtoy
4 hours ago, jojomecanic said:

End of mongering, guys...

Ya..shame they razed WS last year for the family friendly park they put there too.

jocky king

More chance of Thai to land on the moon than that .... Only a dream . Bus drivers & Taxi drivers would be in the war over this . Their lives depend on their jobs . 

blix99

More likely a world CRASS destination. 

WhiteThai

Maybe it can connect to the new Disney theme park in Jomtien.  :LMFAO:

Crushed

All they really need to do is take away all the signs in both Chinese and English.  Much cheaper.

misteregg

I remember when they planned this ten years ago.
There were signs saying “no to mono rail” everywhere. The motorcycle taxi guys made everyone put them up. I remember Soi 6 was full of theme

Stokielad

So fixing streets that stink to high heaven and a drains system that puts raw sewage straight out into the sea by the main beach is a lower priority than a Disney theme park ride ... Yep sounds like classic local government in action :)

davidge
7 minutes ago, Stokielad said:

So fixing streets that stink to high heaven and a drains system that puts raw sewage straight out into the sea by the main beach is a lower priority than a Disney theme park ride ... Yep sounds like classic local government in action :)

Pattaya is already a world class family tourist destination. Nothing needs fixing. :D

usexpat46
4 hours ago, davidge said:

Pattaya is already a world class family tourist destination. Nothing needs fixing. :D

I just read about the expansion of BKK airport the other day.  Evidently they began work about a year ago on adding 28 more gates on the other side of the current runways, I hadn't noticed as my flights arrive and depart at night.  The article said that this expansion could handle another 15M paxs a year.

birdhaus
Posted (edited)

marge13.jpg.3f6a2a3b2b93c96dc6a82bc915ff7ea4.jpg

Edited by birdhaus

Jous

Looks like Lyle Lanley have paid a visit to Pattaya again :Laugh1:

36FCDFCE-7B9A-44A8-9DD7-3A2C90B097FA.png.b4bb5723983040309b431e320f73e77d.png

:Dance1: