Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

forcebwithu

Lazada Wallet No Longer Available to Foreigners

forcebwithu

I've been using Lazada Wallet for purchases the last couple of months as I found it a bit more convenient than direct bank payments. The periodic bonuses they automatically deposited to the wallet was also another incentive. Making a purchase today a screen popped up stating I had to authenticate my Lazada account. Clicking on continue I was surprised when this message popped up.

Screen Shot 06-14-19 at 10.48 AM.jpg

A Google search led me to a topic on TV that had a screenshot of one of their BM's chat session with Lazada. Here's the key response from Lazada that explained the change.
image.png

While I can still use the balance of 929.99 in my wallet for purchases, there is no provision of using the balance against purchases higher than what is in my wallet. So that means unless I make a purchase(s) of exactly 929.99, there will always be some balance in my account that I'm effectively shut out from using.

As for the AMLO reg, I'm at a loss to understand why this wouldn't apply across the board to Thais as well as foreigners. Even then, a better solution would have been to limit wallet balances to an amount low enough that it would make its use impractical as a money laundering vehicle.

regyai

Guess the Escobars have to shop elsewhere

(what bullshit)

Ru4Real

It's the same bollocks as people having to show their passports to pay bills at 7, register their Rabbit Card in Bkk etc. 

Pretty sure no scammer/crook has ever woken up one day and thought "What to do today? I know, I'll go and pay some random strangers electricity and water bills!".

regyai

Same the world over

The sheeple swallow the terrorism, money laundering, safety, etc BULLSIT in great big industrial doses

till they are oblivious to the actual reasons behind it all.... taxation and control.

Ru4Real

^ Yep. People where saying how bad China is for using facial recognition in it's "Social Credit" program yet I saw a news report earlier this week Perth (Australia) is trialling facial recognition cameras :Dunno1:

forcebwithu

And those that would give up their liberty for the illusion of security deserve neither.

yobbo
1 hour ago, regyai said:

Same the world over

The sheeple swallow the terrorism, money laundering, safety, etc BULLSIT in great big industrial doses

till they are oblivious to the actual reasons behind it all.... taxation and control.

So you would rather them not to try and catch the terrorists?

Taa_Saparot

Funny, the only reason I use Lazada is because of the Cash on Delivery option.

Wish we had that in the UK!

ex-pat

This is unfortunate. I make a a lot of small purchases from Lazada. The wallet was handy to avoid constant small transfers (plus the 20 baht ding every time) and same as you, to receive the many little vouchers that they give me.

I don't follow how the wallet could be used for money laundering vs multiple bank transfers totaling the same amount

regyai

Its a trite throwaway for a blatant gaffe

In the UK you are supposed to swallow any damned nonsense so long as it's given the epithet 'Data Protection' (a mantra chanted by legions of call centre gonks who've never turned a page of the Data Protection Act)

Lok Jit

Thais can use the Money in there Wallet Foreigners No Way...I have Money sitting in my Wallet so How can I use this Money?

pipeman350
12 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

And those that would give up their liberty for the illusion of security deserve neither.

Benjaman  Franklin

bar stool
11 minutes ago, pipeman350 said:

Benjaman  Franklin

Benjaman Who?

slashlarue
2 hours ago, bar stool said:

Benjaman Who?

Benjamin Franklin FRS FRSE was an American polymath and one of the Founding Fathers of the United States. Franklin was a leading author, printer, political theorist, politician, Freemason, postmaster, scientist, inventor, humorist, civic activist, statesman, and diplomat.

$100 Bill - Benjamin Franklin. Founding Father and famed inventor Benjamin Franklin's face appears on the $100 bill, the largest denomination in circulation.Franklin's face has appeared on the bill since it was first issued by the government in 1914. This face is known worldwide for legal & illegal exchanges.

del7MZq7_o.jpg

Edited by slashlarue

bar stool
1 hour ago, slashlarue said:

Benjamin Franklin FRS FRSE ...

“Benjaman”, you didn’t get it.

Xplo
19 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

It's the same bollocks as people having to show their passports to pay bills at 7, register their Rabbit Card in Bkk etc. 

Pretty sure no scammer/crook has ever woken up one day and thought "What to do today? I know, I'll go and pay some random strangers electricity and water bills!".

Passports to pay bills? That's a new wild one 

Ru4Real

Up there with sending parcels:

postoffice.jpg?w=500&ssl=1

forcebwithu
10 hours ago, Lok Jit said:

Thais can use the Money in there Wallet Foreigners No Way...I have Money sitting in my Wallet so How can I use this Money?

You can still use the balance in your Wallet for purchases, or you can request they transfer the balance back to your bank account. From Lazada's website...

Identity verification on Lazada Wallet

Due to the strict TH regulations and in compliance to the Anti Money Laundering laws, we are required to gather
additional information from our users to continue using the wallet feature of the Lazada account. Unfortunately, this KYC (Know-Your-Customer) verification is only available for Thai citizen for now.

For foreigner, If you have existing balance in your wallet, you can still use it to pay for your purchase and if you have wallet balance from your Refunds, please proceed with the normal withdrawal process and we will transfer the amount to your bank account.

click here to learn how to withdrawal from your Lazada wallet to bank account

If the available balance is from the Deposit, we can assist you by transferring the balance to your bank account. Kindly provide the bank details and we will process your request within 3-5 working days.

https://www.lazada.co.th/helpcenter/Identity-verification-on-Lazada-Wallet.html?spm=a2o4m.helpcenter-article.articles-list.2.b02c5928vRz2Xy

fforest

The #1 reason I would not use shopee is because they did not have a wallet....

Barhop

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience with the wallet cancellation for farangs.  My problem is not the "wallet" but the payment option.

I opened a Lazada account yesterday after jumping through their hoops.  Made a first order just afterwards.  Everything was going fine until the payment section.  Inputted my Bangkok Bank debit card details for the payment option but it failed.  There is nothing wrong with the account as I have made purchases in Pattaya stores successfully and used at ATM.  So then tried my Citibank Plus Account debit card which was also unsuccessful.

After going through a page or two (sorry unable to remember exactly which) and there appeared a screen showing five Thai banks which seems to be their only acceptable payment sources.  Bangkok Bank (and Citibank) do not appear on the page.

Has anyone found a way around this dilemma?  There is an option to pay via ATM - is this just a huge PIA or is it easy?  Any advice appreciated, thanks... 

Taa_Saparot
3 hours ago, Barhop said:

Has anyone found a way around this dilemma?  

CoD

ChiFlyer

Sorry to be reading about this. I really like Lazada and was not even aware of the wallet option. The payment option restrictions are probably going to cause me some grief, but it sounds like COD is the way to go for now.

I was about to start looking for a higher end cable model -wireless router unit. The one in my condo rental is for shit. I figure I will switch in mine and then switch back, when I check out. Since I have a 6 month rental in the same condo again starting in September, this seems worth the aggravation reduction.

Obvious concern is that the pipe constraint is beyond the router, but we shall see. In the US I use a dual 5.4/2.4 Netgear, works like a charm. I will probably go for something similar here.

Of course, I do not have to buy this from Lazada. Guess I can take a look around at Tuk.com as well.

Edited by ChiFlyer

Barhop
8 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

CoD

Staying in a guest house so am not comfortable with COD.

Really craps me that Lazada only have limited credit/debit card avenues, but TiT...

regyai
8 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Sorry to be reading about this. I really like Lazada and was not even aware of the wallet option. The payment option restrictions are probably going to cause me some grief, but it sounds like COD is the way to go for now.

I was about to start looking for a higher end cable model -wireless router unit. The one in my condo rental is for shit. I figure I will switch in mine and then switch back, when I check out. Since I have a 6 month rental in the same condo again starting in September, this seems worth the aggravation reduction.

Obvious concern is that the pipe constraint is beyond the router, but we shall see. In the US I use a dual 5.4/2.4 Netgear, works like a charm. I will probably go for something similar here.

Of course, I do not have to buy this from Lazada. Guess I can take a look around at Tuk.com as well.

You may fare better with these guys, good comms and know their game:

http://www.invadeit.co.th/category/wireless-networking/netgear/wireless-router/sort/price/asc/

13 minutes ago, Barhop said:

Staying in a guest house so am not comfortable with COD.

Curious, surely pre-paid goods being left there would be more of a worry

Pumpuynarak
9 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

CoD

Not always available, some of the items i have purchased don't have the COD option.