Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

strawberrypi

Long-time friendly BG sends me fake photos of a bloody wrist along with suicidal note, then deletes them when I ignore it

strawberrypi

Sorry about the insanely long title, but that kind of sums it up. 

A girl I've known for like 5+ years suddenly sent me a message saying "I don't want to live any more", and then sent me a stolen photo from the web (Google image search is useful) that was clearly meant to make me think she was about to take her life. A really corny photo too of a wrist which didn't even match her darker skin color etc.

I didn't reply, and a day later she'd deleted the message.

I know that she doesn't really care for me - but I'm okay with that arrangement as long as she really makes me happy when we meet up in whichever Gogo she works at.  :)

What I'm primarily concerned about is unstable/dangerous behavior.

My thinking here is that she got drunk, and then either:

a) desperately wanted emotional attention (despite being very cute at 24 years of age she is a bit shy and doesnt't have many thai friends - fair enough)
b) wanted to execute some con she'd learned from other girls

As I said, I ignored her, and a day later she'd deleted the fake photos from our FB message stream.

What do you think: is she likely dangerously unstable or not? My current thinking is that she's acting mostly rationally. I really prefer to deal with rational actors.

Edited by strawberrypi

Explorer8939

Wow. Someone else has some Thai drama!

Actually, a good fraction of bar girls engage in suicide rituals on social media, usually having to do with their boyfriend seeing another lady. Or going to jail.

Mr. Majestyk

A couple of years ago I stopped seeing a Thai girl I met on TF. We had spent a fair amount of time together on a couple of trips to Thailand I made, and she was fun, spoke very good English (farang ex husband) and was attractive. All in all cool to hang with and I always told her I had no serious relationship intentions with her, and for all practical purposes I was a butterfly. She'd laugh and say no problem, I'll change you (ummm, no you won't lol). I was never her "sponsor" and the extent of any monetary support I gave her was I paid for the hotel and air fare for a couple of trips she made to Hong King with her GF's to party and who knows what else. Not expensive at all to do for her, believe me and one of her GF's would stay in the room with me and they'd play around walking around naked in the room when she would video chat with me while she was there. Made paying for the hotel room worth it, lol. Anyway, when I said I had no more interest in seeing her, and she was basically just wasting her time with me and should look for a more serious relationship type farang man to be with, she told me I could never break up with her because she would kill herself. Ummm, okay. I told her not to be a drama mama, and to stop that Thai soap opera BS and that I know she would never do that because she had a young daughter and mother that lived with her and she was very lucky to have them. After I said that she never again mentioned hurting herself and that was the end of the matter and she's still alive and well and I'm sure still fucking farangs in the Pattaya area, ha ha.

sabato

Tough one, as people who follow through often don't announce their intention, let alone in such a dramatic manner.

Still fresh in my memory is Cat, who was an Insomnia freelancer. She was about the most cheerful girl I had ever met, always upbeat, and surprisingly down to earth considering how popular she was. She killed herself last year. If she had sent me any message hinting at depression, it's something I would have taken seriously, as it would have been out of character for her. So if you think this kind of message is out of character, there's maybe something to it. No idea what can be done to help in such situations though, short of referral to a third party (counselor) who may be able to help.

duffMaster

You haven’t been to Thailand if you haven’t experienced some Thai girl drama. I have been beaten, threatened, l had things thrown at me, bitten .. the list is long , you get used to it. 

Edited by duffMaster

strawberrypi
50 minutes ago, sabato said:

Tough one, as people who follow through often don't announce their intention, let alone in such a dramatic manner.

Still fresh in my memory is Cat, who was an Insomnia freelancer. She was about the most cheerful girl I had ever met, always upbeat, and surprisingly down to earth considering how popular she was. She killed herself last year. If she had sent me any message hinting at depression, it's something I would have taken seriously, as it would have been out of character for her. So if you think this kind of message is out of character, there's maybe something to it. No idea what can be done to help in such situations though, short of referral to a third party (counselor) who may be able to help.

Yeah, I do think the most serious cases are the people who don't announce it.

This girl is very, very close with her two older sisters (also on my FB). It's such a weird situation.

I dunno, I still kinda think it's a drunken thing. I do think she's self-medicating alcohol to make herself feel better, but that's a whole other sad story.

Dalef65
2 hours ago, sabato said:

Still fresh in my memory is Cat, who was an Insomnia freelancer. She was about the most cheerful girl I had ever met, always upbeat, and surprisingly down to earth considering how popular she was. She killed herself last year. 

Yes I remember Cat.

Real nice girl. Sad.

RIP.

Edited by Dalef65

Mr. Majestyk
4 hours ago, strawberrypi said:

Yeah, I do think the most serious cases are the people who don't announce it.

This girl is very, very close with her two older sisters (also on my FB). It's such a weird situation.

I dunno, I still kinda think it's a drunken thing. I do think she's self-medicating alcohol to make herself feel better, but that's a whole other sad story.

Yes, that is the case so many times. I have known two co-workers who took their own life. Both cases they were experiencing personal problems but had made no prior attempts, announcements etc before they actually killed themselves. They just did it. 

By no means was I, nor would I ever make light of depression, suicide etc and that was not my intention when I recounted my experience with my Thai lady friend who made the comment to me saying she would. In fact when she said it, it did initially really disturb me having known people who actually did and I did get a twinge of fear from her comment, but knew I needed not to play into it and counter with the many things in her life that she had and needed her. I guess I handled it the right way. 

per anum

They are a very emotional lot.............fair to call their bluff but there is the odd one who is deadly serious!

mmaaarrrkkk

We have one thread celebrating their huge salaries and how conniving they are and we have this thread showing how messed up their lives are. For all their money , I would say 95% are screwed up mentally and all the money in the world are is gonna save them.

Nothing good comes without baggage

Edited by mmaaarrrkkk

Steve1010

I don’t think you will ever understand what goes on in their heads and thoughts, I do have a lot of prior experience about this which I won’t go into but have never met any other nationality that can change within a split second from being the most loving and caring person to being crazy.

I would never dismiss depression as it’s a very serious illness 

Tigers2017
On 15/06/2019 at 07:44, duffMaster said:

You haven’t been to Thailand if you haven’t experienced some Thai girl drama. I have been beaten, threatened, l had things thrown at me, bitten .. the list is long , you get used to it. 

I have been beaten, threatened, I had things thrown at me, bitten...the list is long... You're going to have to stop dating dominatrixes lol. :Evil_Grin2:

Captain Dave
On 14/06/2019 at 21:24, strawberrypi said:

Sorry about the insanely long title, but that kind of sums it up. 

A girl I've known for like 5+ years suddenly sent me a message saying "I don't want to live any more", and then sent me a stolen photo from the web (Google image search is useful) that was clearly meant to make me think she was about to take her life. A really corny photo too of a wrist which didn't even match her darker skin color etc.

I didn't reply, and a day later she'd deleted the message.

I know that she doesn't really care for me - but I'm okay with that arrangement as long as she really makes me happy when we meet up in whichever Gogo she works at.  :)

What I'm primarily concerned about is unstable/dangerous behavior.

My thinking here is that she got drunk, and then either:

a) desperately wanted emotional attention (despite being very cute at 24 years of age she is a bit shy and doesnt't have many thai friends - fair enough)
b) wanted to execute some con she'd learned from other girls

As I said, I ignored her, and a day later she'd deleted the fake photos from our FB message stream.

What do you think: is she likely dangerously unstable or not? My current thinking is that she's acting mostly rationally. I really prefer to deal with rational actors.

It's (a) classic attention seeking, though a bit more elaborate than most.

Billyboy294
On 15/06/2019 at 03:33, Explorer8939 said:

Wow. Someone else has some Thai drama!

Actually, a good fraction of bar girls engage in suicide rituals on social media, usually having to do with their boyfriend seeing another lady. Or going to jail.

More than 10 years ago i knew of a few Thai girls who made cuts on their arm and it was always because of problems with their Thai boyfriend. The cuts were never very deep but sometimes around 10 cuts or so evenly spaced..

Edited by Billyboy294

Explorer8939
On 14/06/2019 at 14:44, duffMaster said:

I never have had any of that, but I get accused here of seeking out Thai girl drama.

Go figure.

duffMaster
51 minutes ago, Explorer8939 said:

I never have had any of that, but I get accused here of seeking out Thai girl drama.

Go figure.

30 years of mongering and Asian girlfriends and you build up a catalouge. That said  most girls have been ok and none of them suicidal , I have seen enough of that back home, depression is a horrible disease. 

duffMaster
3 hours ago, Tigers2017 said:

I have been beaten, threatened, I had things thrown at me, bitten...the list is long... You're going to have to stop dating dominatrixes lol. :Evil_Grin2:

I wish they where 5555 this is over 30 years seeing Asian woman and the great majority have not been a problem . I to be honest did fuck around a lot when younger , nothing I’m proud off so a reason some woman got angry and violent, not that I think violence is ok. 

farcanal

I've had a couple of girls chuck serious tantrums in my room....locking themselves in the bathroom and sobbing uncontrollably.

Both times I managed to calm them down , but couldn't stop the crying for ages.

I thought about kicking them out but there was always this nagging doubt that they may do something fatal to themselves.

One of them apologised a few days later but the other one was a bit of a prima donna, didn't get to see her again.

I try not to allow them the misconception that there's a future with me, but somehow they just think there is.

jed§
On 14/06/2019 at 21:24, strawberrypi said:
On 14/06/2019 at 23:02, strawberrypi said:

I do think she's self-medicating alcohol to make herself feel better, but that's a whole other sad story.

What do you think: is she likely dangerously unstable or not?

Alcohol use is common across many cultures, as a means of feeling better. It's false. Alcohol is a depressant. The other thing you mention is her behaviour and I'm glad that quite a number of posters have mentioned depression. I also think that. She withdrew her threat, if that's the right word, after 'coming round' and feeling ashamed. Nevertheless, it should be taken seriously. There's no 'usual' with this. 

She's in an environment which is rife with 'good fortune' stories. She'll be hearing the tall tales of girls who have made in good, after meeting the falang of their dreams. The ones who have struck it rich. It's only going to make her feel worse and she's not mature enough to realise that there are just as many, no more, examples of the other kind. 

We are all prone to do this. Ever been in a job where people are talking about who's been a success and how well they're doing and you feel 'less than' because you haven't? I have. It takes time to find out that it's mostly bullshit.

You've also known her for 5 years and she might be thinking that there must be something wrong with her because she's still stuck in that environment. It's a war zone there.

FarangKiNok

I had this TG that I dumped and she had this strange meltdown in my condo. We had been seeing each other for a few weeks. She enjoyed the cash. The next day after I dumped her, I was hung over as usual and she was urging to make me dinner at my place, I hesitantly accepted. What I did not know was that she mixed in mosquito repellant that I kept in the kitchen cabinet, into the soup, almost killing me in the process. I was wildly ill for 2 weeks. It was not until a month later I understood what had made me so sick looking for a band-aid I found the open bottle, half empty.

Crazy Drama 

jed§
46 minutes ago, FarangKiNok said:

I had this TG that I dumped and she had this strange meltdown in my condo

It's not, for them, like a Thai man dumping them. It's not the same as a woman from our culture either. It's hard for us to understand the importance for them of 'having a falang' It means security and freedom, both of which are multiplied many times if they can get married to one and go to live in the man's country. It's not exaggerating to call it desperation. Sometimes, it's difficult for us in the west to realise how lucky we are to have been born in the great countries we live in.

FarangKiNok
1 minute ago, jed§ said:

It's not, for them, like a Thai man dumping them. It's not the same as a woman from our culture either. It's hard for us to understand the importance for them of 'having a falang' It means security and freedom, both of which are multiplied many times if they can get married to one and go to live in the man's country. It's not exaggerating to call it desperation. Sometimes, it's difficult for us in the west to realise how lucky we are to have been born in the great countries we live in.

Indeed, but only after a few weeks her pussy was as dry as a bucket of sand. She became more boring in bed than my x wife after 30 + years, God bless her soul. I had to work for my money, I cant give handouts if there is no ROI. She almost killed me for it. Crazy bitch.

jed§
27 minutes ago, FarangKiNok said:

Indeed, but only after a few weeks her pussy was as dry as a bucket of sand. She became more boring in bed than my x wife after 30 + years, God bless her soul. I had to work for my money, I cant give handouts if there is no ROI. She almost killed me for it. Crazy bitch.

Something I've sometimes thought about is the degree to which mental health problems affect Thai people. For the less hi so Thais it isn't really on the agenda. It's not acknowledged. Does this make it worse? I also wonder about the amount of genetic diversity there is in the villages - possibly not much or even less than in the world (we are very similar anyway - there's more diversity in one bee hive than in the whole of the human race).

I just mention this because of the very numerous examples of strange behaviour I've seen and heard of concerning especially Thai women. Or is it cultural?

RRosenberg

I know most of you are older so probably avoided this type of thing, however this is quite common when dating farang women, especially when you’re younger. Me and friends have had to deal with the same games being played here in the west, from them pulling out their hair, threatening suicide if you leave, cutting themselves and quite frankly “going off the rails” so to speak. 

Luckily it’s something they seem to grow out of, but the first time it happens it’s actually very uncomfortable to experience, but there seems to be crazy everywhere these days. 

Obviously with the Thai girls though it’s more to do with trying to “guilt trip” you into doing something for money opposed to in the west where it’s “you can’t leave me, in the woman and supposedly hold all the power so I’m throwing my toys out of the pram” type scenario.

Edited by RRosenberg

Tigers2017
2 hours ago, FarangKiNok said:

I had this TG that I dumped and she had this strange meltdown in my condo. We had been seeing each other for a few weeks. She enjoyed the cash. The next day after I dumped her, I was hung over as usual and she was urging to make me dinner at my place, I hesitantly accepted. What I did not know was that she mixed in mosquito repellant that I kept in the kitchen cabinet, into the soup, almost killing me in the process. I was wildly ill for 2 weeks. It was not until a month later I understood what had made me so sick looking for a band-aid I found the open bottle, half empty.

Crazy Drama 

You should've remembered the aerogard and then you would've had a good weekend. Only us Aussies will understand. I am not laughing at you being poisoned mate, I actually think that was a despicable act by her. Thank your lucky stars she only used half the mosquito repellant.