Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Daveo

Windmill Club

dh59
As you are being secretive about why you wont let thai's in I will let it rest. It is your business and I would like to stay out of it.

Its no secret just need a bit of common sense to work it out and most bars have the same policy.

PunksNotDead
The Windmill can be a busy little bar and after the last time I went in and was ripped off I was with 5 pals tonight one of which a quite influential Thai guy and he was refused entry as he was Thai, we all left and that convinced me and my pals not to go back ever again & who knows, refusing entry to a Thai guy in thier own country could be asking for trouble, especially if they have some pull in Pattaya.

Wonder why they do this without much thought.

What an absolute absolute bunch of idiots.

You should have thought about how management and girls see this situation before trying to use your western concepts everywhere

As far as I understand a lot of girls do not want to be seen working in go-go. Especially in the moment when they "work" with customer. It can cause "loss of face" in their community, may be she will have problems with marrying thai boy later, may be she will lose face in her village

There is no problem for her community that she "work in gogo". May be she just dance, nobody knows... But if some thai person from her community SEES WHAT SHE IS DOING - she cannot pretend that there is nothing special in her work

So this all about saving face

Randy

but I think denying a Thai entry will only cause them problems in future.

Mmmm... an ex of mine, worked many gogo's, told me usually gogo's don't allow Thai men because the dancers don't want their Thai boyfriends inside and make problems when they see their ladies do naughty things with farang. 'They not see they not make problem.' Sounded OK to me. Don't want a Thai man waiting for me outside with a knife and 10 friends when I come out with his lady LOL.

About the Windmill: I went there a few times in Feb, OK place, a bit raunchy (I'm the civilized type :D ) but very sweet and 'active' girls.

hazze

I used to really like that place about 12 months ago.

Was one of my top locations to vist.

It really seems to have gone downhill now.

Not many lookers anymore, and they really work the customers.

Being shaken down for tips and ladydrinks but a pro with flat chest and all the charm and charisma of a Kings Cross hooker really isn't what the pattaya experience is about for me.

Billy Baht
...I was with 5 pals tonight one of which a quite influential Thai guy and he was refused entry as he was Thai, we all left and that convinced me and my pals not to go back ever again & who knows, refusing entry to a Thai guy in thier own country could be asking for trouble, especially if they have some pull in Pattaya.

Normally "influential" Thais go where ever they want and do what ever they want.

Maybe the Windmill wants a pompen?

:D :D:D

sam.bkk
The Windmill can be a busy little bar and after the last time I went in and was ripped off I was with 5 pals tonight one of which a quite influential Thai guy and he was refused entry as he was Thai, we all left and that convinced me and my pals not to go back ever again & who knows, refusing entry to a Thai guy in thier own country could be asking for trouble, especially if they have some pull in Pattaya.

Wonder why they do this without much thought.

My last visit end last year was fine.

Look we have some changes along after new year.

what a pitty.

SAM

gunzel24

I can understand why bar owners as a general rule do not allow Thai men entry.

Thai men + grog + Falang men having fun with Thai women = disaster!

Simple.

There are places in BKK , where Thai men can go to their own style of Go Gos and have fun. That is the Saphan Kwai area not far from Victory Monument.

The atmosphere in those places is more to their style and the owners of those places know how to deal with their customers when they get drunk and angry - toss them out, real quick.

My problem with the Windmill Club, when I was in Patters in February was the gross overcrowding. There are plenty of dirty little girlies displaying all their wordly goods for all to inspect and there are far too many amateur gynoclogists busily engaged in cunt examing for me to get a good look as well. Pity as some of the girls though not all lookers I am sure would be very doable. If only.

yeaialwayswearone
The pommy guy running it is a tosser. He snoops around all night making sure the girls are

constantly asking for drinks. I always pay them direct - so he misses out. He is very unpopular

with the girls.

less of the pommy CONVICT!

Loso4ever

Thai men can get into a fight, because they are getting jealous if they see with their own eyes how their women are throwing theirselves at the farang and for that reason it can be explained that not so many bars or go go's want to have Thai men inside. Money is money, that's true but having the troubles of a big fight somewhere down the evening isn't that appealing to many barowners. Also the problems they might get with the police for another barfight isn't that attrective. Above of that when farang know that a bar has a negitive name, they don't like to come back. Hence the problems of Thai men getting into Bars or Go Go's if they are unknown by the owner or the manager.

FELINE

I can't relax, even when pissed, in my own bar.

Windmill Agogo is part of a circuit for me, one of a small number of venues where I can have a good drink, relax and not get ripped-off. I get on well with Dave and Bill, who have always made my friends and me very welcome.

Other similar venues are Secrets, FLB, Baby Dolls and Club Mistys.

Whilst I don't bar Thai guys (or anyone else) from drinking in my bar, I don't feel 100% easy, but as a poster said "a baht is a baht".

MrOne

I liked the place too 8 months ago and a shame that it has gone bad ... I will take a peek in a few weeks when I return.

Benny10
i like this gogo....most of the hostess are nice and the mamasan is nice

no pressure to buy drinks if you already bought one.

the mamasan said thata LT BF is 1000 and i couldnt BR until midnight which was too much for me

Tried the same BF trick with me a few months back. (See in another thread - gogo reviews) So I told the owner/manager that he's a prick, while just looked stupid.

RRRushhh

Been in a couple of times this trip and everything seems good to me. Just like the old Babydolls but a little smaller venue. The place was always full with customers enjoying themselves with the girls just like Babydolls with girls in the Jacuzzi's and Table shows. Seems cool in my opinion. The BF in my opinion should be reconsidered. As it has prevented me from going back as often as I would like. You will end up in the long run making your money on drinks as we sit and hang out trying to decide which one to BF in stead of looking like a Pimp.

Alex the Hedonist

personally, i will never pay more than 700baht barfine (to me, finding a stunner in a/c comfort is worth $20usd to the bar)...but heck, there are soooo many hotties in the beer bars these days (@300 baht)...i will probably explore more of those (usually im 90% gogo girls / 10% beer bar girls) if more bars exceed the 600 baht barfine i am used to.

cheers...alex

praf974

i was there a week ago and wondered why i kept being told to wait to BF, must have beeen the 12'oclock thing. Got fed up in the end and went home cos i felt i had drunk enough and was quite wobbly by that point having been fobbed off for a good hour and a half (while buying continuous drinks for 2 girls sitting with me), never went back for the rest of my holiday, shame i enjoyed the atmosphere :-(

partyhard

This is my first post on this forum, but I've been living and barhopping in Pattaya for over 3 years and most of the last 10 years before that in the Philippines, so I'm a pretty experienced when it comes to having a good time...hence my nic - partyhard

The Windmill is definitely my favourite gogo in Pattaya. Gogo's in Pattaya (compared to the Philippines) tend to be boring places for many reasons which I won't go into here, but not the Windmill. It addresses most of the problems that other gogo bars in Pattaya have and more.

I'll address some of the complaints I've read on this thread one by one.

1. No Thai guys allowed

Well thank God for that. Having a bunch of Thai males in a gogo bar is the best way to wreck the atmosphere. Windmill is a VERY rauchy bar and girls really go crazy in there. They would not feel comfortable performing as they do in front of Thai males. A gogo bar for Westerners should remain a sanctity for foreigners. They've (Thais) got plenty of their own establishments with far better talent than we often can find in our own bars. I go pretty crazy in there myself and I wouldn't want to be deep throating and fondling half a dozen girls in front of Thai males either.

Many of the Thai owned bars have male drink waiters. It's no coincidence that these are usually the unfriendliest bars in town with the most girls with the "I'm too sexy for my shoes", (Bangkok) attitude.

I'm happy that the management of Windmill is so strict about enforcing this policy even to the point of pissing of a few Farang customers who obviously don't have a clue. Good work! I've seen a bar with "Japanese Patrons only" painted on the front door (Soi 4), so selective business practices are not unheard of in Pattaya. If you go to any of the Farang discos (Tony's, Lucifers etc) you will find that Thais can get drinks at half the price of Farangs (or do we pay double?). Don't worry about the Thais males, they do ok. These girls are their life blood and the money you spend on the ladies ends up in their pockets anyway.

2. Bar has gone downhill.

This is nonsense. Every bar has its good nights and bad nights with girls coming and going. Perhaps the "lookers" that some customers were expecting on a particular night were, for example: off sick, barfined already, had steady dates, on leave or visiting their families in the province. "Lookers" are notoriously difficult for a bar to hold onto anyway, as commonsense would dictate they are in high demand. As fast as any bar can replace them they are gone. This is the nature of the industry.

The fun would be shopping around for a "looker" if "lookers" are to your taste. I prefer a friendly, homely type girl to a "looker" any day of the week for barfines or fun. I don't visit gogo bars to find girls to hang out with long term or marry.

3. Drink scams or pushy girls.

I'll make no excuse about the fact that I love being attacked by girls in a gogo bar. This is one of the things I really love about the bars in Angeles City. In Windmill they attack me two at a time, one for each knee. It's up to me if I want to buy them a drink or not. It's not hard to keep it under control and it depends on your personality and girl management skills. Last night they wouldn't leave me alone for a second. Two would go up to dance and two more would attack and so on and so forth. I'm not a cheap charlie and buy girls plenty of drinks, BUT I certainly get my money's worth and do keep control of the drink situation within reason.

I love the fast dance group changeover at Windmill, so it doesn't take long for the girl's dance group to go up again and leave your knees free for the next set. I never buy more than one drink per girl per set because the changeover is quite rapid (or is it a case of "time flies when you're having fun?). The girls are not pushy and accept "no" when the answer is "no"... and you won't get any bad attitude from them if you say no.

Now, for the guys who like to be left alone to observe girls and don't wish to spend too much on ladies drinks - I see plenty of loners in Windmill sitting un-hassled just watching the show. The girls are as forward as the customers wish them to be. The girls have a pretty good sense of who's there to party and who's there just to observe and behave accordingly.

4. No talent.

I've covered this one under item #2, but I wish to elaborate. One has to understand that in Windmill the girls are not just standing around looking pretty. Most of them are action girls. If you expect raunchy action girls to be the best looking girls in town, then you're expecting far too much. You'd be better off watching the stuck up, fake-titted, boring as f*ck, sour-faced girls in Happy aGogo, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. :)

If you really do require that extra special girl from Windmill, just be patient. They will turn up. Three of my mates from Australia and US found some pretty special girls in there and barfined them for many nights.

5. Padded bills.

I was impressed with their computer generated receipts which are very easy to read and follow. They don't bring out new receipts for each drink, but update your existing receipt after each order. My bill last night was near 2000 baht, but it was spot on. It's no coincidence that Windmill is a heavy favourite with expats and they don't go anywhere that rips them off.

6. Bar fines too steep.

This is another ridiculous and unfounded criticism. Apart from the fact that I really can't understand why anyone would quibble over a few hundred baht to barfine a lady who takes their fancy, Windmill is a show bar, so it is quite reasonable that they charge a bit more for barfines. If the girls have all been barfined, then the bar loses its main attraction - ladies doing shows!

Having said that, the barfines are still pretty reasonable. Don't quote me on this because prices will change, but as far as I know they charge 1000 baht to barfine before midnight, and 600 (perhaps 700) after midnight. Short time (2 hours) can be had before midnight for 600 baht. There's nothing over the top about that and it is well sign posted inside the bar.

7. Complaints about management.

Believe it or not, when I'm in the Windmill I'm so occupied with pussy (and other bodyparts) that I haven't even laid eyes on the manager or owner. I just want to say: Congratulations guys on running an exceptional establishment and I hope to catch up with either of you on my next visit.

Cheers!

Edited by partyhard

Jameson

What drew me to the post by partyhard was he is a self proclaimed Party Animal and nicknamed himself as such :)

On a serious note, I was originally thinking this post was good for a first post, but then again. Joined less than two hours ago and straight to this thread on the offensive and not one of the many praising Windmill has me suspicious :)

If it's a true first post, my hat off to you. Thanks for contributing and welcome to the forum :)

dudebrah

the Windmill is the only bar in patts where a dancer Demanded a tip from me just for "look her" ! Needless to say she didnt get her tip and I never returned :)

Bagel

As long as I can keep licking ugly girls pussy for 100 baht I'll keep going.

partyhard
What drew me to the post by partyhard was he is a self proclaimed Party Animal and nicknamed himself as such :)

On a serious note, I was originally thinking this post was good for a first post, but then again. Joined less than two hours ago and straight to this thread on the offensive and not one of the many praising Windmill has me suspicious :)

If it's a true first post, my hat off to you. Thanks for contributing and welcome to the forum :)

I'm sorry that you thought my first post was so "on the offensive", but that's they only way I post. You should have seen my thousands of posts on a similar board covering the scene in the Philippines.

partyhard
the Windmill is the only bar in patts where a dancer Demanded a tip from me just for "look her" ! Needless to say she didnt get her tip and I never returned :)

Seriously dude, if you stop visiting bars where a girl demanded a tip, eventually you're going to run out of bars to visit. You can strike a "tip demander" in any bar at any time.

Why let it bother you? Just say NO.

Having said that, I've never had such a demand from a girl in Windmill, but no doubt it will happen sooner or later.

dudebrah
Seriously dude, if you stop visiting bars where a girl demanded a tip, eventually you're going to run out of bars to visit. You can strike a "tip demander" in any bar at any time.

Why let it bother you? Just say NO.

Having said that, I've never had such a demand from a girl in Windmill, but no doubt it will happen sooner or later.

ummm if i stopped visiting all bars where the girls DEMANDED a tip just for looking at them ................................... . let see i could still go to any bar in patts except Windmill :)

btw it doesnt bother me , i am quite happy to spend by baht elswhere

partyhard
ummm if i stopped visiting all bars where the girls DEMANDED a tip . let see i could still go to any bar in patts except Windmill :)

Perhaps I may come across as a big spender or something, but I could eliminate at least a dozen bars based on that.

Just to make it clear, by "demanding" I'm including a putting out of the hand or any asking for tip even in a subtle way. Are we on the same page? Are we even in the same city? :)

Edited by partyhard

Jameson
ummm if i stopped visiting all bars where the girls DEMANDED a tip just for looking at them ................................... . let see i could still go to any bar in patts except Windmill :)

Don't forget Galaxy Farang Bar and GoGo :):) Reminds me of that bar. hahaha

chuckrivera
Many of the Thai owned bars have Thai drink waiters.

Yeah, and...? How many bars can you show me that have Farang drink waiters?

Shit, I'd want a tip if you "look me" too! :)