Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Hallmark

Hallmark Motorbike Rentals (Formerly Kessaya)

Hallmark

As of 12th May 2015 we have changed our name to Hallmark Motorbike Rentals.

Its a pain in the arse what us farang have to put up with, heard on the radio today that an American was killed in a accident when he got knocked off his bike and banged his head. Perhaps Mark when you rent the bikes out give the renter a guide on a sheet of paper about what to do if they have an accident,like take some photos on your mobile of the damage and the other driver etc.I know it does'nt help when your lying on the floor with a broken leg ! It does,nt make you feel safe knowing that if you have an accident its going to be your fault.. Perhaps we should get our 100 baht in first to the witnesses .

On Tuesday after our first meeting ended in stalemate I went to the scene and asked around,I found a woman and man who had seen it,they said the motorbike stopped at the red light and got hit by the car.I phoned the police major who spoke to them both.
Today apparently they didn't see it ??

LazyJay

Sounds like the lady who hit your bike could be 'connected' to someone in the police. Why don't you just use your insurance guy to negotiate everything?

good luck

TheLostShark

Sounds like the lady who hit your bike could be 'connected' to someone in the police. Why don't you just use your insurance guy to negotiate everything?

good luck

Or because its a thai versus farang situation.

Hallmark

good luck

Like I've said before Jay,there was a lot went on that would break board rules if I posted it so I can't post the full version of events.

Think face :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by Kessaya

Hallmark

Or because its a thai versus farang situation.

What on earth are you suggesting ? :GoldenSmile1: I couldn't possibly answer that.

kuffki

its just a "fucked up" situation.

Witnesses may of been bribed or may of been suggested or explained and as always farang is in the wrong no matter what the incident is.

Little something like if Thai rear ends you, it is your fault because if you would not of been there then he would not have hit you.

Many times, even "thanking" witnesses in advance does not always help, because they can still forget as someone else "thanked" them better.

As they say Amazing Thailand

I do feel sorry for your Kessaya being in the middle of the matter. But just to clarify, who would be responsible to pay for all the damage? the person who rented the bike ???or you personally ???or???

LazyJay

Like I've said before Jay,there was a lot went on that would break board rules if I posted it so I can't post the full version of events.

Think face :GoldenSmile1:

Whatever the outcome kudos to you big time for doing your best to sort things out fairly, more than most business would do, and I don't just meen in Thailand. :Clap7:

Edited by jaylovely1980

Chief General

I think I will be using your services, the green one looks great...

What do most people usually do - is it safe to lock it up outside bars and stuff?

A week rental - how would I store it?

What are the chances I park up and it's gone... is it rare?

Hallmark

Witnesses may of been bribed or may of been suggested or explained and as always farang is in the wrong no matter what the incident is.

Little something like if Thai rear ends you, it is your fault because if you would not of been there then he would not have hit you.

Many times, even "thanking" witnesses in advance does not always help, because they can still forget as someone else "thanked" them better.

I do feel sorry for your Kessaya being in the middle of the matter. But just to clarify, who would be responsible to pay for all the damage? the person who rented the bike ???or you personally ???or???

Kuffki,what on earth are you possibly insinuating ? Bribes ? In Thailand ? How dare you.

As for the last paragraph I'd rather wait and talk to the customer and let him know before I answer that.

kuffki

Kuffki,what on earth are you possibly insinuating ? Bribes ? In Thailand ? How dare you.

As for the last paragraph I'd rather wait and talk to the customer and let him know before I answer that.

I would not dare, Thailand is one of the most honest and equal rights country's in the world.

"Thank you" can be a box of chocolates or a card or flowers or box of 1000 baht notes. :GoldenSmile1:

Hallmark

Ok I'll answer this now,insurance will pay for the car damage, our customer has paid for the motorbike,cost to him was about 6000 bt. He had medical insurance which hopefully will cover him for the expenses.

Tosser that owned the car had to buy the chocolates for the nice policeman.So they ended up paying nearly half of the cost of the damage to their car with chocolates.

One thing that I will point out is that our customer had one of the good quality helmets that we supply,this helmet probably saved him from suffering even worse injuries.

Hallmark

What do most people usually do - is it safe to lock it up outside bars and stuff?

If the bike's parked along with other bikes overnight and it has the lock and chain on it the chances of it getting stolen are minute,if you're interested in renting then please just PM me with your dates and requirements and we'll try to sort you out.

That green bike is in demand,it's a nice bike to ride as well as looking good.

abinder

If you're staying any where near the Grand Hotel on Soi 14, you can park it there overnight for 20 baht and there is someone watching the motorbikes there all of the time. When I rented from Kessaya, I parked the motorbike there overnight and would pick it up in morning. Just tell the person that's there that you're going to park it there overnight and will be picking it up in the morning. They'll probably have you park it in the back portion of the motorbike parking area. They just asked that I don't put the chain through the rear wheel but it's okay to lock the handlebars. That's just in case they have to move it to the side a little to make more room for motorbikes. You just pay when you park it and pick it up in the morning. Very safe and secure. Also keeps it out of the 'occasional' downpours of rain as well.

Allen

abinder

If the bike's parked along with other bikes overnight and it has the lock and chain on it the chances of it getting stolen are minute,if you're interested in renting then please just PM me with your dates and requirements and we'll try to sort you out.

That green bike is in demand,it's a nice bike to ride as well as looking good.

Anyone renting from Kessaya will be extremely happy with the service and performance of the bikes. It's great that he delivers it to you and picks it up when you're done using it. At the most, just a couple presses of the starter switch (and that depends on how long it's been setting when you last rode it) and a little twist of the throttle when starting it, and you'll be started and ready to enjoy the ride. The engine runs great and is very dependable. The bike that I rented tracked straight and 'true'. The tires had a lot of tread and the bike itself looked almost as if it was brand new.

(gotta love the Ferrari stickers on the bike!!!!)

Thanks again Kessaya, the bike worked great!!!!!!

Allen

Hallmark

Anyone renting from Kessaya will be extremely happy with the service and performance of the bikes. It's great that he delivers it to you and picks it up when you're done using it. At the most, just a couple presses of the starter switch (and that depends on how long it's been setting when you last rode it) and a little twist of the throttle when starting it, and you'll be started and ready to enjoy the ride. The engine runs great and is very dependable. The bike that I rented tracked straight and 'true'. The tires had a lot of tread and the bike itself looked almost as if it was brand new.

(gotta love the Ferrari stickers on the bike!!!!)

Thanks again Kessaya, the bike worked great!!!!!!

Allen

Those stickers really did get to you didn't they ? Little things eh ! :GoldenSmile1:

tongoy69

All the motorbikes are taxed and have the standard Thai insurance,locks and chains are also supplied with each motorbike,standard Thai helmets are provided but we also have good quality helmets available for sale (450bt) and for rent (10bt per day).

What does this insurance include? Is an upgrade to a full insirance possible and what would it costs? I'm coming tomorrow to Patts and would like to rent an automatic bike for 9 days.

Hallmark

What does this insurance include? Is an upgrade to a full insirance possible and what would it costs? I'm coming tomorrow to Patts and would like to rent an automatic bike for 9 days.

We'd have no motorbikes available tomorrow,they're all booked out at the moment.

tongoy69

We'd have no motorbikes available tomorrow,they're all booked out at the moment.

Thanks for the quick reply. To bad for me, but good for your business that you are booked off.. in this case forget my message I've sent to you thru your website ... maybe next time

Hallmark

Thanks for the quick reply. To bad for me, but good for your business that you are booked off.. in this case forget my message I've sent to you thru your website ... maybe next time

Try this one.....Rudy at maithai on Soi Buakhow 0899338896,he's a good lad and they have plenty of bikes,he's near 18 Coins hotel.

sluminit

Hallo,

Might be interested in a Honda 125, the standard type, not the fully auto Click-type model, for a few days at the end of the month. This'll save me riding my m/c down from Bkk in the rainy season. Not a pleasant drive in the rain.

Have you got any? If so, how much for 3 days, and can you deliver it to the Buakow area.

Cheers.

Hallmark

Hallo,

Might be interested in a Honda 125, the standard type, not the fully auto Click-type model, for a few days at the end of the month. This'll save me riding my m/c down from Bkk in the rainy season. Not a pleasant drive in the rain.

Have you got any? If so, how much for 3 days, and can you deliver it to the Buakow area.

Cheers.

We only have the fully automatic bikes available for hire.Not sure if Rudy above has the semi autos but he's on Soi Buakhow so give him a try.

Hallmark

Everybody who has been here for a while will know this already you hit a Thai Your fault as Thai's assume you don't know how to drive in their country!

Even though in england we have a much better Driving test and not one that you can pass in less than one day!

I wonder if your bike was still fit to drive you just got up and buggered off after seeing it was a Thai driving?

No Dom.The bike was very badly hurt (see pics on page 2) and was rushed to intensive care at Mityon in the back of a baht bus where after extensive surgery by Dr Toon it was pronounced fit and healthy and was back on the road the week after :GoldenSmile1:

Another customer had a small accident with a Thai and did what you said and just cleared off,as you say there would have been no point in chasing it because it would have got expensive.

Hallmark

I'm glad that they buggered off to many farangs getting conned out of money by Thai's looking to switch a situation around to benefit their own needs!

In a situation like that does the hirer pay or covered by insurance?

With the big accident written about on here being our fault (load of bollox) our hirer had to pay for the damage to the bike which was around 6,000 bt.That was cost price,no add ons for us as some Thai renters do.

Stupid thing was that although the nice policeman said our hirer was in the wrong he didn't fine him ? Welcome to Thailand.

Hallmark

Just to say that this month we are fully booked up,November is pretty full too with only one or two available and December/January is getting booked up quickly now as well.

We are looking for some extra bikes so if we do get some we'll let you know.

Bought 3 more this month and they were all out within a day or so.

Basically book early to avoid disappointment.

tigerstail

Yes, I can say Kessaya has awesome service- from the crazy man here.

You won't believe this Mark not Mike? but I can't wait until April. I will be there in Jan. for sure- all booked and hotel paid for!

I will only need the bike and helmet- from before- about a week. I will PM you.

No changes...I promise!

Sounds like a f-cked up mess. This is the first I have even seen this thread. Good luck.