Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

Hallmark

Hallmark Motorbike Rentals (Formerly Kessaya)

thomo1978
Hallmark">
5 minutes ago, Hallmark said:

Hahahaha.....not according to a few on here and if we go out for a couple tomorrow you watch them run and hide from "The Bad Man".

Like I could give a shit !

Are you two going to wear matching man bags in LK tomorrow?

Garzan
6 minutes ago, thomo1978 said:

So really, and this is no shit, Mark and I do have matching man bags. Same design, same color, everything. If I were better looking we could be twins. 555

bangna
51 minutes ago, thomo1978 said:

Matching fishing rods lol

Hallmark
2 hours ago, thomo1978 said:

2 hours ago, Garzan said:

So really, and this is no shit, Mark and I do have matching man bags. Same design, same color, everything. If I were better looking we could be twins. 555

My man bag is for daytime use only and I'd never even think about wearing it at night, I have more than enough pockets for ciggies, lighter, phone and wallet and as you both know I have no need at all for condoms, lube or gels now.

Hallmark

Due to a new rule concerning licences we will now need any renter to have either a Thai motorbike licence or an IDP with a motorbike entitlement stamp.

As always, the motorbikes below are for rent for only 
600bt per week or
2000bt per month

We offer the best prices all year round, none of that low season, high season nonsense here.

Good deals always available on long term rentals too

4 months = 7000 bt = 58 bt per day

6 months = 10,000 bt = 55 bt per day

Not a bad deal all things considered is it ?

Visit us at www.hallmarkmotorbikerentals.com and use the contact page to contact us to check on availability of these and all of our other motorbikes for your holiday. 

A 1000bt Paypal deposit is required before any booking is confirmed. This is due to very sad people trying to book bikes and then never showing up....

All prices include free delivery and collection to your accommodation, 2 helmets and a padlock.

0877-440945
SAM_5202.jpg

Stealyman
Hallmark">
On 28/03/2019 at 04:49, Hallmark said:

Due to a new rule concerning licences we will now need any renter to have either a Thai motorbike licence or an IDP with a motorbike entitlement stamp.

Good Evening Hallmark,

So, a Motorbike license and IDP is now required to rent a scooter now in Pattaya?  What a bummer.  Is this the standard for everyone now.  Was looking to rent a bike, but don't have a motorcycle license (US) or a IDP.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hallmark
19 minutes ago, Stealyman said:

Good Evening Hallmark,

So, a Motorbike license and IDP is now required to rent a scooter now in Pattaya?  What a bummer.  Is this the standard for everyone now.  Was looking to rent a bike, but don't have a motorcycle license (US) or a IDP.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I've no doubt at all you can rent a bike at most places around town, there was even one bloke on here saying it was no problem for him to rent to people with no licence but we've decided it's a lot less hassle to just rent to people that have the correct licences now, better for them and for us.

Stealyman
Hallmark">
3 minutes ago, Hallmark said:

I've no doubt at all you can rent a bike at most places around town, there was even one bloke on here saying it was no problem for him to rent to people with no licence but we've decided it's a lot less hassle to just rent to people that have the correct licences now, better for them and for us.

Understandable,  appreciate the quick response..

Don't believe I"ll have time to get a motorcycle license, but could certainly get an IDP.  When Pattaya police are pulling people over randomly, does an IDP suffice, or do you need the motorcycle stamp on the IDP

Thank you again

Catfish1950

Are you accepting Asean Member License?   I've rented bikes several times a year in Chiang Mai and been stopped and checked many times, never a problem with my Philippines license!

Hallmark
29 minutes ago, Stealyman said:

Understandable,  appreciate the quick response..

Don't believe I"ll have time to get a motorcycle license, but could certainly get an IDP.  When Pattaya police are pulling people over randomly, does an IDP suffice, or do you need the motorcycle stamp on the IDP

Thank you again

You'd want to have a motorbike stamp on it to be safe. I've no doubt some will say that they've got away with showing their home country licence and it's been ok but just to be safe now we want IDP with motorbike stamped or thai motorbike licence. 

Hallmark
2 minutes ago, Jwelgr said:

Are you accepting Asean Member License?   I've rented bikes several times a year in Chiang Mai and been stopped and checked many times, never a problem with my Philippines license!

Asean is ok, it's legal over here so no problem.

Catfish1950

Great, see you next month.

Stealyman
Posted (edited)

@Hallmark

Not trying to clutter the thread any further, but got a bit more information for people from the U.S. who may inquire or may be interested about riding a moped in Thailand.

Thank you again for the previous information.

U.S. guys,

Spoke on the phone with AAA (who issues International Driver's Permit's in the United States) and was able to clear up a bunch of questions.

1) anyone can get a International Driver's Permit.

2) bring your State License

3) bring 2 passport size photos (or have your photos taken on site)

4) fill out the 1 page form.

With that being said, when you get your IDP, if you do not have a motorcycle stamp on your original state license, you cannot get a motorcycle stamp on your IDP.

-BUT, in the law, both in Thailand's and in America, the IDP is sufficient to ride Mopeds in this area.  You are just not allowed to ride an actual motorcycle.  Although I know there has been a few weird cases here and there, where someone in Pattaya was still ticketed holding an IDP for riding a moped, this would have been against the law.

-SO, if you do want to ride a motorbike, without in hassles in Thailand, do get the IDP, even though it does not have a motorcycle stamp on the IDP.  This will save you.  In the event that you do get pulled over, and they DO attempt to write you a ticket, be sure to respectfully deny any wrongdoing, (hold all of your documents out in your hand (must have your passport, U.S. ID, and IDP) and kindly state that you are calling up the Tourist Police so they can help you on site.  When this is said, they should leave you alone.

-Pestering farangs and trying to pull as much money as they can from tourists has become the norm for these guys.  It's an easy way to get ahead.  Make sure you are taking care of your shit, and have all of the documents mentioned above, and you shouldn't run into any problems.

Good luck everyone.

Also, @Hallmark  , I can understand why you would want your customers to have both the IDP and Motorcycle stamp, kind of clears the headaches and any possibility of your bike being temporarily confiscated.  Good luck with the business.

:Cheers9:

Edited by Stealyman

likeaking
4 hours ago, Stealyman said:

-BUT, in the law, both in Thailand's and in America, the IDP is sufficient to ride Mopeds in this area.  You are just not allowed to ride an actual motorcycle.  Although I know there has been a few weird cases here and there, where someone in Pattaya was still ticketed holding an IDP for riding a moped, this would have been against the law.

-SO, if you do want to ride a motorbike, without in hassles in Thailand, do get the IDP, even though it does not have a motorcycle stamp on the IDP.  This will save you.  In the event that you do get pulled over, and they DO attempt to write you a ticket, be sure to respectfully deny any wrongdoing, (hold all of your documents out in your hand (must have your passport, U.S. ID, and IDP) and kindly state that you are calling up the Tourist Police so they can help you on site.  When this is said, they should leave you alone.

-Pestering farangs and trying to pull as much money as they can from tourists has become the norm for these guys.  It's an easy way to get ahead.  Make sure you are taking care of your shit, and have all of the documents mentioned above, and you shouldn't run into any problems.

Good luck everyone.

Also, @Hallmark  , I can understand why you would want your customers to have both the IDP and Motorcycle stamp, kind of clears the headaches and any possibility of your bike being temporarily confiscated.  Good luck with the business.

Got some poor information above. The Scooters Mark rents are not mopeds, they are motorscooters. Here's how the California DMV defines a moped:

"A "motorized bicycle" or "moped" is:

• A two or three-wheeled device, capable of no more than 30 mph on level ground, and equipped with:
    - Fully operative pedals for human propulsion.
    - A motor producing less than two gross brake horsepower and an automatic transmission.
    - An electric motor, with or without pedals for human propulsion. (CVC §406(a))"

Any dictionary will also say a moped must have pedals. 

So while Stealyman is trying to be helpful, following his advice and calling the tourist police when a BIB stops you will probably not get the desired result. 

Stealyman

Apologize for any inconvenience or misinformation.  Was only relaying what I was told.

I can no longer Edit the post.

In the International Driving Permit Thread - there has been a lot more light shed on the issue today:

Good luck with everything @Hallmark

overseasplease
On 09/04/2019 at 23:49, Stealyman said:

When Pattaya police are pulling people over randomly, does an IDP suffice, or do you need the motorcycle stamp on the IDP

In my personal experiences as soon as they saw the IDP they'd wave me off with a smile. This was always at checkpoints were they had others to nag and didn't need to worry about me. They never even had me pull it out of my ziplock bag.

It would be safer of course to have the endorsement though as stated previously.

Garzan

There is also a related question of how your travel insurance company would react in case of an accident where you were riding illegally (without a valid motorcycle license or endorsement.) Sometimes you win that "I've never had a traffic accident" lottery and sometimes you don't. Assuming you survive the experience, it's generally less expensive when you have a valid license and insurance that isn't canceled due to technicalities. :-)

1456496028765.thumb.jpg.070b6e0f328610042616282bb7759e6e.jpg

Hallmark
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Garzan said:

There is also a related question of how your travel insurance company would react in case of an accident where you were riding illegally (without a valid motorcycle license or endorsement.) Sometimes you win that "I've never had a traffic accident" lottery and sometimes you don't. Assuming you survive the experience, it's generally less expensive when you have a valid license and insurance that isn't canceled due to technicalities. :-)

1456496028765.thumb.jpg.070b6e0f328610042616282bb7759e6e.jpg

OMFG....From a bikini clad lady washing bikes to Gar going topless and only wearing boxers, just when I thought my life couldn't get any worse than it is now ! Now a photo of Bua doing something similar would be very nice to cheer me up

PS....you've got bigger boobs than my last 3 barfines.

Edited by Hallmark

Garzan

At least I kept the boxers on. :-)

Hallmark

Ok, Looks like I'm going to have to say this again but a bit louder so here goes.

NO INTERNATIONAL DRIVERS PERMIT ( IDP ) OR THAI LICENCE WITH MOTORBIKE ENTITLEMENT = NO RENTAL FROM US.

As always, the motorbikes below are for rent for only 
600bt per week or
2000bt per month

We offer the best prices all year round, none of that low season, high season nonsense here.

Not a bad deal all things considered is it ?

Visit us at www.hallmarkmotorbikerentals.com and use the contact page to contact us to check on availability of these and all of our other motorbikes for your holiday. 

A 1000bt Paypal deposit is required before any booking is confirmed. This is due to very sad people trying to book bikes and then never showing up....

All prices include free delivery and collection to your accommodation, 2 helmets and a padlock.

0877-440945

Garzan

Seems pretty reasonable to me, and something that should be rather obvious. If someone does not meet the legal requirements to ride a bike in Thailand you won't rent them a bike to illegally ride in Thailand. That shouldn't be a difficult concept to understand. :-) 

Besides, who pays if the bike gets impounded because some bloke is riding illegally? The owner of the bike is the one who pays to get the bike back. Best way to prevent that seems pretty obvious--don't rent to people who can't legally drive a scooter in Thailand. 

dancaholic

If you want to rent from a reputable provider who will not rip you off then expect that provider to be above reproach and obey the law.  If people don't accept this and the position Mark is in then go and risk dealing with endless numbers of crooks out their waiting to fleece you.

Hallmark

NO INTERNATIONAL DRIVERS PERMIT ( IDP ) OR THAI LICENCE WITH MOTORBIKE ENTITLEMENT = NO RENTAL FROM US.

As always, all of our motorbikes are available for rent at
600bt per week or
2000bt per month

Visit our webiste www.hallmarkmotorbikerentals.com and use the contact page to contact us to check on availability of these and all of our other motorbikes for your holiday. 

0877-440945
2015-06-19 17.03.32.jpg