Click the Links to Support our Sponsors >>  Thai Friendly | ThaiMatch.com 100% Free Thai DatingLuxury Pattaya Nightly Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya InvestigationsBabydolls Agogo | Agoda Users PLEASE READ  | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Agoda Hotels | Donating to the Forum | Add your Text or Event here

philkrenshaw

Newbie Guide to Baht Buses

vimto66
7 minutes ago, Ohall39 said:

Guys, can I have a update on the price , is it still 10 bht for each ride per oerson ?

Yes, still only 10 baht on he Pattaya baht bus  loop!

Satnolp
On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎12 at 08:23, Geordie59 said:

For Jomtien just go to second road just south of Pattaya Thai, outside the school where they load up. Anywhere further south, closer to Jomtien just stop one like you on the Beach/2nd road circuit. 
Price is 10 Bhat but they will want more if you go want to go too far down the beach. If that happens just get out and stop the next one that is going further down the beach anyway for another 10 Bhat.

So if I jump off as soon as the bus turns down on the beach in Jomtien it's 10 baht?

Going back to Pattaya, do I get on the bus at the beach or do I have to walk up to second rd?

It's my fourth trip to Pattaya but I have never made it over to Jomtien yet, lol

And I heard in a vlog a while ago that you can get a fine if you stand on the back of the bus, is that still the case? (I know it's not the safest but going short distences it's the most convenient with my height)

striderman
12 hours ago, Satnolp said:

So if I jump off as soon as the bus turns down on the beach in Jomtien it's 10 baht?

Going back to Pattaya, do I get on the bus at the beach or do I have to walk up to second rd?

It's my fourth trip to Pattaya but I have never made it over to Jomtien yet, lol

yes it is only 10 bht to and from Jomtien.

an easy trip to do and also 1 of the cheapest.

no need to walk up to second rd on the way back just flag one down on beach rd.

while there may have been folks fined for standing on the back it is mostly ignored by both thai and falangs. for the length of journey to and fro to Jomtien and the number of bumps in the road taken at speed using a seat is the best option for that trip in particular

Geordie59

I'm not even sure if there are Baht busses on Jomtien 2nd road.
Just get one anywhere between Beach Road, Jomtien and Pattaya and it is 10 Baht.
Not many get fined for standing on the back but it would be a real bummer if you were one of them. Anywhere from 3-5k Baht from reports I've heard. 

Barhop
10 hours ago, striderman said:

yes it is only 10 bht to and from Jomtien.

Finally went to Jomtien last trip in August.  Had read in past threads that it was ฿20 to Jomtien on Baht Bus so handed same to driver on the way there and again on return and both insisted on giving me change :D  Oh well, one off trip for me as I saw nothing of interest personally.  Even the sea water was brown, although there was a strong onshore breeze...

gming

Ride a baht bus at least once before venturing out for night time activities.  It's easy to get caught up with drinking and later attempt to motorbike back to your place.  The baht buses are efficient and run frequently, i've seen too many mishaps when even a little bit of alcohol is involved.